Sign in to follow this  
Judas Atkinson

Which areas are Wednesday

I know plenty of Wednesday around Woodseats and S8 but I it goes without saying there are far more Unitedites round here generally.

12 minutes ago, FARGATEOWL said:

Pontefract / South Elmsall majority Leeds so the week after means a lot to us but not as much as Saturday. We come in a close third to the Dingles round here with blades a long way behind Frickley.

Leeds are popular in Pontefract / South Elmsall because there are no other professional football league teams in Wakefield/Pontefract / South Elmsall. Sheffield is surrounded by professional clubs.

1 minute ago, goodytheowl said:

Used to work in Richmond S13 and 80% blades I reckon

What did you do there?

On 20/09/2017 at 17:46, steveger said:

Was loads of Wednesday fans in Killamarsh when i sadly lived there and other creatures 

Through 80s and 90s Killamarsh was always 70/30 Wednesday. Don't think it's that now though. Probably around 55 / 45. Scrubbers are moving in. 

14 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

What did you do there?

Worked at City school

Just now, goodytheowl said:

Worked at City school

Thanks for the honest answer.

100% Wednesday here in Eastleigh, just me and Reda who scored for the Spitfires last Saturday.Then we got Stuart Grey who lives just round the corner from me and Lee Peacock who's off to Swindon but he'll be travelling that I'd imagine so he'll still count. We don't have blunts here.:manager:

I've lived in Barnsley all my life and I would say that of support for sheffield teams Wednesday have it at least 90% to 10% blades. Met and worked with loads of wednesdayites but very few blades. Probably another reason Barnsley fans hate us more than they do them and believe me Barnsley fans hate us with a passion!

Grown up round woodseats pretty much 50/50 slightly leaning blunts way and they think probably 70/30 perhaps they are right, its about same up lowedges jordo batemoor not much in it but my age group id say is more wednesday if anything older and younger swing more pig way

16 hours ago, Cowle70 said:

Woodhouse S13 Always been 50:50.

When I was at Hoyland Half Wednesday Half Barnsley. None of them lot.

Gotta be more blades haven't there, there defo was when I was at school in Handsworth.  When there's a match day down at the lane the 52 is full of them.

Lots of us at Darnal in the late 70s early 80s. Sportsman. stanny arms, Cuttlers. woodburn pub  were all full of owls 

Edited by skytail
because i wanted to

On 21/09/2017 at 07:13, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Im just one of your customers then. We chat occasionally, I go to most away matches but luckily my watch doesn't need much maintenance.

Well make sure you point yourself out next time you're in, ya got me all curious.

What do you reckon on the support split around Dinnington/Anston?

I'd say the Leeds Arms and Loyal Trooper are piggy zones whereas the snooker club, Cutler, Silverdales and Squirrel are strong Wednesday.

The Little Mester I'd say is 50/50?

S35 area is populated by Owls. Probably 80/20 in our favour, Bradfield school there was only a handful of piglets about 

born n bred on parkhill flats, just a stones throw from the pigsty, too many owls to count on there

2 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Well make sure you point yourself out next time you're in, ya got me all curious.

What do you reckon on the support split around Dinnington/Anston?

I'd say the Leeds Arms and Loyal Trooper are piggy zones whereas the snooker club, Cutler, Silverdales and Squirrel are strong Wednesday.

The Little Mester I'd say is 50/50?

Id say 50/50. I don't go in the local pubs hardly so not sure of that, but my window cleaner is United.  Main pub i visited was in Woodsetts and that was more Wednesday.

My kids have gone through school and they would say it was split and that's my general impression too.