Which areas are Wednesday

12 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Growing up in Pitsmoor/Burngreave, we were always outnumbered by Blunts

Don't know if it's always been that way, although when I went in the The Royal Oak just on Earsham Street recently, the landlord has a few Blunts pictures on the wall, and there were a fair few people in with Blunt badges on

I lived for a time, on Upwell Street Grimesthorpe, that too was mainly a Blunt area.

The Oak is a blunt pub by tradition who run coaches to away games.

Tbf a good minority of owls drink in there and the banter is excellent. 

• Like 1

Born and bred in S30 in Worrall...id say 90/10 Owls there and the surrounding areas in the 70s when the Blunts were a better side and in Div One...for a village its now huuge with the new estates that have sprung up but still very few around...Bradfield School used to be a real 'Owls school' I remember coaches turning up to go to away games booked by the pupils and kids piling on to get away early...hahaa!! 

S6 has far more old terraced housing left standing than S2, the latter being around the ground, Abbeydale Road, London Road, Heeley and Meersbrook, all of which appear to be strongly Asian and student populated areas. The huge convoy of cars on SWFC match days emanating from the south western districts, travelling to Hillsborough via Rails Road, Stannington and Wisewood are a testament to the fact that many Owls now reside in what used to be blunts areas.

As for 'where most blunts live', I'm minded to say Arbourthorne, Manor, Woodthorpe, Handsworth, Woodseats, Norton, Gleadless and other parts of S12, I've no idea about the 'townships', but have strangely enough noticed more red and white around Owlthorpe than blue and white. lol

Edited by optimisticowl

33 minutes ago, optimisticowl said:

S6 has far more old terraced housing left standing than S2, the latter being around the ground, Abbeydale Road, London Road, Heeley and Meersbrook, all of which appear to be strongly Asian and student populated areas. The huge convoy of cars on SWFC match days emanating from the south western districts, travelling to Hillsborough via Rails Road, Stannington and Wisewood are a testament to the fact that many Owls now reside in what used to be blunts areas.

As for 'where most blunts live', I'm minded to say Arbourthorne, Manor, Woodthorpe, Handsworth, Woodseats, Norton, Gleadless and other parts of S12, I've no idea about the 'townships', but have strangely enough noticed more red and white around Owlthorpe than blue and white. lol

Wrong about Norton, 50:50

12 hours ago, winn_owl said:

Some odd comments on here. It's not Belfast, so there's no science to this but there is some geography to it.

Get your ruler out, put it along Ecclesall Road and Carlisle Street. Everything to the north more likely to be blue and white, to the south red and white.

Some anomalies; often to do with landlords ala the Royal Oak (the pub opposite was always Wednesday tho). 

Also estate demolition plays a part as mentioned. Kelvin flats was rehoused at Lowedges hence more owls on there. Much of the old Manor estate rehoused on Parson Cross, hence more Blades on the Cross than pre-2000 (not to say for a second the cross isn't still fiercely blue).

Owls support much bigger outside Sheff than blades as always the bigger club. Dearne Valley loads of owls, supports groups and coaches from many of the towns, most famously mexborough. Big support all along the stretch from stocksbridge to Edlington (i.e Hoyland, wombwell, wath, mexborough, denaby, conisboroigh, Swinton, edliington).

Also get support in bits of the Wakefield boundary like fitzwilliam, Kinsley and Frickley. 

Blades more ore to the villages to the south; Dronfield, Eckington, Killamarsh, Aston.

For any that are genuinely interested in this stuff also a full report SUFC commsiomed mapping all their season ticket holders. Most came from south west Sheffield, mosborogh and the areas above.

complete and utter fallacy they have a more working class fan base or more Sheffield fans. It's a small club syndrome. Same goes for Manchester, Liverpool and Birmingham. Much more fans of Man U, Liverpool and Villa in all of those cities.

cheers 

That's a really interesting post, sir.

4 hours ago, roland nilson said:

I've always seen it as north Sheffield predominantly Owls and south Sheffield more than matched in many areas by owls  and so the 65:35 split.

65:35 is nonsense. They're currently averaging more fans than us. Historically there's not much between the attendances although we've traditionally been the better team.