Which areas are Wednesday

12 minutes ago, FARGATEOWL said:

Pontefract / South Elmsall majority Leeds so the week after means a lot to us but not as much as Saturday. We come in a close third to the Dingles round here with blades a long way behind Frickley.

Leeds are popular in Pontefract / South Elmsall because there are no other professional football league teams in Wakefield/Pontefract / South Elmsall. Sheffield is surrounded by professional clubs.

I've lived in Barnsley all my life and I would say that of support for sheffield teams Wednesday have it at least 90% to 10% blades. Met and worked with loads of wednesdayites but very few blades. Probably another reason Barnsley fans hate us more than they do them and believe me Barnsley fans hate us with a passion!

Grown up round woodseats pretty much 50/50 slightly leaning blunts way and they think probably 70/30 perhaps they are right, its about same up lowedges jordo batemoor not much in it but my age group id say is more wednesday if anything older and younger swing more pig way

16 hours ago, Cowle70 said:

Woodhouse S13 Always been 50:50.

When I was at Hoyland Half Wednesday Half Barnsley. None of them lot.

Gotta be more blades haven't there, there defo was when I was at school in Handsworth.  When there's a match day down at the lane the 52 is full of them.

On 21/09/2017 at 07:13, onlyonedavidhirst said:

Im just one of your customers then. We chat occasionally, I go to most away matches but luckily my watch doesn't need much maintenance.

Well make sure you point yourself out next time you're in, ya got me all curious.

What do you reckon on the support split around Dinnington/Anston?

I'd say the Leeds Arms and Loyal Trooper are piggy zones whereas the snooker club, Cutler, Silverdales and Squirrel are strong Wednesday.

The Little Mester I'd say is 50/50?

2 hours ago, Pulsar said:

Well make sure you point yourself out next time you're in, ya got me all curious.

What do you reckon on the support split around Dinnington/Anston?

I'd say the Leeds Arms and Loyal Trooper are piggy zones whereas the snooker club, Cutler, Silverdales and Squirrel are strong Wednesday.

The Little Mester I'd say is 50/50?

Id say 50/50. I don't go in the local pubs hardly so not sure of that, but my window cleaner is United.  Main pub i visited was in Woodsetts and that was more Wednesday.

My kids have gone through school and they would say it was split and that's my general impression too. 

Wednesday: Anywhere from (roughly) Shalesmoor roundabout north and west, Upperthorpe, Shirecliffe, Stannington, Cross, Hillsborough, High Green, Chap, Malin Bridge, Ecclesfield, Stocksbridge, Grenoside, etc

Pigs: Anywhere from (roughly) Bramall Lane south and east, Highfield, Sharrow, Manor, Arbourthorne, Heeley, Woodseats, Darnall, Handsworth, Woodthorpe, around Crystal Peaks etc

That being said, I know Owls from most of those United areas, and there'll be blades in those Wednesday areas. I work at a warehouse in S9 and most the Owls I work with are from Manor/Arbourthorne.

Live in S3 Broomhall now myself and live opposite an Owl and a Blade. It's varied all over the city, you'll find more of one type in each area but there's no definitive answer, especially not in terms of social class standings.