Which areas are Wednesday

4 minutes ago, Reallondonowl said:

S11 (Hunters Bar) - mixed 30-70 Blunts in early 70s

Went to school in S11 (Greystones) in the early 70s. I can't be sure but it felt pretty even.

Later at High Storrs there were lots of different catchment areas (Heeley, Middlewood to name two) where you could often guess who they supported by where they were from.

25 minutes ago, briggowl said:

From Chesterfield now, I know 7 Weds and 3 Blunts.

I'm probably less inclined to know or look for blunts though but would say plenty more of us.

I always get the impression that Chessie have more of a rivallry for the Pigs than us (maybe because it's closer to that side of the city) so you might possibly get less traditionally following them for that reason.

Well I got more than I bargained for in my original post, and I've found the responses very interesting. I was surprised about Arbourthorne being red because it's where Wednesday fans have met on their way to the sty, and I've known a fair few owls from there. I think that rehousing from Kelvin flats may have caused it. Was from Kelvin myself so very interested to hear about Low Edges and Kelvin as well, and it fits well with a story I've heard from Meadowhead school this week. Apparently 2 season tickets for the sty were available for those getting most merits. Not worked well as lots of owls deliberately and quite magnificently misbehaved!! The school ended up in registration making kids say blue or red. Can't believe they didn't make them say blue or pig! It adds validity to what was said about Low Edges, I'd have expected it to be more red than it is.

On 16/09/2017 at 01:18, Pulsar said:

They had but with any event you always get one or two tickets returned or made available for various reasons.

The tickets available for Kop, North and South are in single figures so all sold out bar the shouting.

Why do you say the West lower is not selling well?

Only went on sale yesterday pal and already turned from green to yellow to orange.

Be red tomorrow.

Why are some fans so fkin negative all the time?!!

2 hours ago, Judas Atkinson said:

Well I got more than I bargained for in my original post, and I've found the responses very interesting. I was surprised about Arbourthorne being red because it's where Wednesday fans have met on their way to the sty, and I've known a fair few owls from there. I think that rehousing from Kelvin flats may have caused it. Was from Kelvin myself so very interested to hear about Low Edges and Kelvin as well, and it fits well with a story I've heard from Meadowhead school this week. Apparently 2 season tickets for the sty were available for those getting most merits. Not worked well as lots of owls deliberately and quite magnificently misbehaved!! The school ended up in registration making kids say blue or red. Can't believe they didn't make them say blue or pig! It adds validity to what was said about Low Edges, I'd have expected it to be more red than it is.

I will put a formal complaint in to the headteacher regarding this bias 

Nuneaton is definitely Wednesday, only met 2 pigs in 24 years of living here, 1 was here working for a week .Fortuitously it was the day the got relegated to division 1 a few years ago against Barnsley. Bought him a pint so he had to hang around longer for me to continue to wind him up. Around 30 odd owls here and 1 pig

Edited by nuneatonowl1

45 minutes ago, Bulldog said:

I'm outnumbered in S17....surprisingly WTF:

Was 50-50 when I was growing up there 20-25 years ago, but likely due to our relative success at the time.

From what I understand, it's always been a Blades area, just with a narrow majority.