Which areas are Wednesday

1 hour ago, OWL1969 said:

No way mate, definetly a strong Wednesday area, but I work in Asda at Parsons cross, plenty of Blades fans come in, would say owls outnumber em by about 2 to 1 so 66% is nearer the mark, certainly don't outnumber em 19 to 1 as you suggest.  

Edit Actually probably nearer 3 to 1.

I grew up, spent half my life on Parson Cross and visit it every week... no way on earth is it only 3:1. Its more like 10:1 BUT the pigs that do live there tend to be very big proud Unitedites and stand out.

Wadsley Bridge, lived there for 20 years and 9:1

Shirecliffe for 5 years and it was 50/50 which surprised me.

Middlewood for last 8 years and unsurprisingly about 8:1, maybe 9:1

Used to go into a snooker club near Oakwell whenever we played them up until a couple of years ago. Bizarrely it would be 50/50 with all the Owls fans locals.

I think its fairly split in Sheffield with pockets of majority towards one team or the other. Id say North and West are more Wednesday and South and far east like Woodhouse are pigs. 

I doubt any inner city areas has either these days and that includes around the sty.

47 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Growing up in Pitsmoor/Burngreave, we were always outnumbered by Blunts

Don't know if it's always been that way, although when I went in the The Royal Oak just on Earsham Street recently, the landlord has a few Blunts pictures on the wall, and there were a fair few people in with Blunt badges on

I lived for a time, on Upwell Street Grimesthorpe, that too was mainly a Blunt area.

That's not really Pitsmoor is it though. :biggrin:

Real Pitsmoor from Andover St, Pye Bank, Pitsmoor Rd massively Wednesday growing up in 60s n 70s

2 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

Real Pitsmoor from Andover St, Pye Bank, Pitsmoor Rd massively Wednesday growing up in 60s n 70s

You're right - although I grew up in Page Hall and had family just off Upwell Street and we outnumbered the pigs just.

Bit different now.

Just now, Warnocchio said:

I'm the same age as Hootie and grew up on Catherine Road.  I'd say my experience is more like yours than his.  I can only remember 3 Blades in our neighbourhood.

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

Growing up in Pitsmoor/Burngreave, we were always outnumbered by Blunts

Don't know if it's always been that way, although when I went in the The Royal Oak just on Earsham Street recently, the landlord has a few Blunts pictures on the wall, and there were a fair few people in with Blunt badges on

I lived for a time, on Upwell Street Grimesthorpe, that too was mainly a Blunt area.

Changed a bit now, maybe 65-35 Wednesday round here now

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Animis said:

I think its fairly split in Sheffield with pockets of majority towards one team or the other. Id say North and West are more Wednesday and South and far east like Woodhouse are pigs. 

I doubt any inner city areas has either these days and that includes around the sty.

Loads of Wednesday in woodhouse used to be mostly pigs but now not so

3 hours ago, Reyt Part Timer said:

I'm a Woodseats (S8) Wednesday.  Always had to go past Bramall Lane on Matchdays going to Hillsborough.  Enjoyed the irony of it really.  Plenty of other owls from South Sheffield. It's not so much about where you live but more about family tradition and possibly who was winning matches when you first took an interest in football.  My first match was a County Cup game in about 1976, and Wednesday beat United 2-1.  So I was Wednesday by Birth but that fixed it anyway.

I'm S8 and just last night was talking about this with a blade and an owl, we were all in agreement that south side is probably 40-60 united, 45-55 in parts but north side is about 90-10 in wednesdays favour.

44 minutes ago, Warnocchio said:

I grew up at Pitsmoor end of Grimesthorpe Road, went to school at All Saints Sutherland Road, spent weekends at the grand parents who lived just below The Signpost, bought my first house on Nottingham Street. I've also lived for short periods on Winn Gardens, Upwell Street, Deerlands Ave Parson Cross,  had a flat across from the Heliport on Shirecliffe Road, lived with future wife at Kirton Road (which was classed as Pitsmoor, but felt more Burngreave) bought our first house together at Standish Ave, Shirecliffe had 13 years there before moving to Wadsley Park Village where we've lived for the last 13 years, I still consider myself to be Pitsmoor born and bred though.

God, just reading that back,I've moved around quite a lot :biggrin:

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

56 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I'm the same age as Hootie and grew up on Catherine Road.  I'd say my experience is more like yours than his.  I can only remember 3 Blades in our neighbourhood.

I must just attract the wrong kind of friends :biggrin:

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

44 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

I grew up at Pitsmoor end of Grimesthorpe Road, went to school at All Saints Sutherland Road, spent weekends at the grand parents who lived just below The Signpost, bought my first house on Nottingham Street. I've also lived for short periods on Winn Gardens, Upwell Street, Deerlands Ave Parson Cross,  had a flat across from the Heliport on Shirecliffe Road, lived with future wife at Kirton Road (which was classed as Pitsmoor, but felt more Burngreave) bought our first house together at Standish Ave, Shirecliffe had 13 years there before moving to Wadsley Park Village where we've lived for the last 13 years, I still consider myself to be Pitsmoor born and bred though.

God, just reading that back,I've moved around quite a lot :biggrin:

Coppers caught up with you yet?

• Like 1