Increased capacity

1 minute ago, vulva said:

I can't quite understand the anger and obsession some on here have with SAG and the capacity, when we can't fill the ground for the vast majority of the season anyway. I'd rather the club focus their attentions elsewhere, rather than bending their back to accommodate a few hundred fans who turn up once a year. 

We still have tickets available for Sunday, for a fixture that was arranged 3 months ago. It's not as though they are queuing down Penistone Road, and Stan Flashman is stood outside with a wad of £20's. 

Why not spend the money improving the facilities for the regulars, who turn up every week. 

At the risk of repeating myself.

We are averaging about 27 to 27 and a half.... with a ceiling of 32.

Some sort of forward planning is needed.

You never know..we might do something silly and go up.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

I can't quite understand the anger and obsession some on here have with SAG and the capacity, when we can't fill the ground for the vast majority of the season anyway. I'd rather the club focus their attentions elsewhere, rather than bending their back to accommodate a few hundred fans who turn up once a year. 

We still have tickets available for Sunday, for a fixture that was arranged 3 months ago. It's not as though they are queuing down Penistone Road, and Stan Flashman is stood outside with a wad of £20's. 

Why not spend the money improving the facilities for the regulars, who turn up every week. 

Entirely agree!

A capacity of 35k is fine given our current attendances.

Developing any space in N and Kop first makes sense to me - better chance of selling ST there than NW of lower Lepp.

Dont really understand why there's such frustration amongst Owls at our failure to reach the maxxed out c39k capacity.

If we don't relocate, I'd like to see whatever we redevelop turning out really modern but at same time blending in with Hillsborough.

Something that would create interest amongst Wednesday fans and maybe even persuade some to consider a different seat than their usually-renewed ST seat

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

At the risk of repeating myself.

We are averaging about 27 to 27 and a half.... with a ceiling of 32.

Some sort of forward planning is needed.

You never know..we might do something silly and go up.

Let's worry about that when we get there. And if we do go up, we will be moving anyway. To progress as a football, off the field, the number of seats is sufficient. The access and corporate facilities aren't. 

27 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I get this and at times think the abuse of SAG is nonsensical, but equally there are plenty of grounds out there that don't suffer like ours.  Things like the segregation of the block at the end of the South Stand, what is that doing?  That is the newest stand in the ground, it's only 20 years old and it's nowhere near away fans.  What is the thinking there?  I get that the North seems to be suffering more on fire safety grounds, but at Vicarage road the other year the concourse was an absolute bombscare!  It seems a little like we're beholden to different rules simply because the sign outside relates to a horrible disaster 30 years ago.

Cant disagree with any of that Matt, watch the segregation at Ibrox on Saturday lunchtime at the Rangers V Celtic game and look at ours in the past, hoping Sunday will be not so severely "Sagged"  The block at the end of the south is sheer stupidity and is a farce, basically segregation between our own fans 

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

Let's worry about that when we get there. And if we do go up, we will be moving anyway. To progress as a football, off the field, the number of seats is sufficient. The access and corporate facilities aren't. 

Bang on, as I've highlighted before a football club is a 7 day business and our location and current facilities don't go hand in hand with it. 

5 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

I'm one that will have a go at the SAG for which at times there are OTT, and infelt we were being singled out.

But apparently the SAG have also reduced the blades capacity and Mansfield which won't come under this one have had the same ssues.

Maybe it's a national guideline. 

SAG v QPR ?... Reight match! 

Don't think QPR have ever faced them, on the other hand we get drawn against them every couple of weeks! 

Edited by owls-swfc

2 minutes ago, tuttuttut said:

I'm one that will have a go at the SAG for which at times there are OTT, and infelt we were being singled out.

But apparently the SAG have also reduced the blades capacity and Mansfield which won't come under this one have had the same ssues.

Maybe it's a national guideline. 

Maybe it's a lot of Stadia that is outdated as it all costs serious money

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

Aye... like the kits.

The kit thing is a shambles, but the middle aged diabetic belly who should know better at their age outrage was directly linked to the poor start to the season. In recent weeks, the issue has died down. Win on Sunday, and the kit thing won't get mentioned. Lose, and the lack of kits will make the North Korea situation look like a conker fight in Endcliffe Park. 

Get the product on the pitch right, and everything else falls into place. 

• Haha 3

38 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Whilst I don't hide my views that our ground isn't fit for purpose in the modern game there is no reason it can't be full capacity , nw corner aside . 

The west stand and kop are relics that need dragging down but they are perfectly safe at full capacity 

North West corner is a corner not aside lol

There is one reason why SAG are overly cautious in their interpretation of the regulations because the eyes of the country would be on them if anything safety related should happen ever again. 

And as someone who did frequent the ground in that era and could easily have ended up in a similar event when the then safety advisors were aware of issues and didn't deal with it then perhaps I am grateful the safety of fans is now paramount

47 minutes ago, mkowl said:

There is one reason why SAG are overly cautious in their interpretation of the regulations because the eyes of the country would be on them if anything safety related should happen ever again. 

And as someone who did frequent the ground in that era and could easily have ended up in a similar event when the then safety advisors were aware of issues and didn't deal with it then perhaps I am grateful the safety of fans is now paramount

Well said MK

Lets all be safe

Didn't mr c say they would be taking a stance with sag if they didn't become more realistic? Looks like that threat has carried some weight. They've obviously balked at a further increase subject to work being done but it looks like we have agreed to that work being done so expect further increases in due course. Need to get the capacity up for next season!

1 hour ago, S1Owl said:

I love Hillsborough, it needs upgrading and modifications but please never leave to a plastic, faceless bowl in an industrial estate. This is perfect and a thing of beauty. Please have a watch DC. :-

I love this but unfortunatly Hillsbrough as a location and a facility will never be the best option as a all year round business 

the lack of parking, transport links and accommodation will always reduce the demand on conference and banqueting despite the improvements on the video increasing the those facilities and the residentional around it will always make it difficult if not impossible to put on events and concerts.

as a lover of tradition and our history I would love us to modify our home but as a business man I would seriously consider our long term future for of home.

amd I know that both options are being considered when/ if the premiership arrives 

sadly our stadium no matter what improvements are made will never generate what another can if we relocate

tough decision head of heart 

1 hour ago, mattitheowl said:

North West Corner is condemned so that's a whole bunch of seats that we can take out of the question.  And there will always have to be some segregation of home and away fans.  But we should be able to fully fill 3 sides with no segregation or restrictions.  The West stand can be worked on.

The fact that cheese corner is redundant should provide the segregation from the away fans! Makes sense.

The other side isn't even linked by any kind of structure, & if the away fans are only upstairs, you'd have to be a free runner to have a scrap. :biggrin:

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

Eh?

Edit - Ignore me, you mean the evacuation of it. I'm ill and therefore not fully switched on today

You ill a lot?lol

1 hour ago, vulva said:

stan flashman. now theres a name from the past lol

1 hour ago, steveger said:

Cant disagree with any of that Matt, watch the segregation at Ibrox on Saturday lunchtime at the Rangers V Celtic game and look at ours in the past, hoping Sunday will be not so severely "Sagged"  The block at the end of the south is sheer stupidity and is a farce, basically segregation between our own fans 

Same as block T at the end of the North. Keeping our fans away from bumping into the Sky box scaffolding!

WTF: