Increased capacity

On 9/20/2017 at 12:11, Mrmason69 said:

It's time for Wednesday to get a new ground. We'll always be treated unfairly after the actions of Liverpool fans all those years ago. There are so many seats empty even at 33.000. 

Yes sir, until we move we will always have to pay for what Liverpool supporters did to their own fans. 

Just put your head in the sand and ignore all the inquiries.

On 19/09/2017 at 18:08, vulva said:

Let's worry about that when we get there. And if we do go up, we will be moving anyway. To progress as a football, off the field, the number of seats is sufficient. The access and corporate facilities aren't. 

As far as I am concerned, the corporate facilities are sufficient. But at the current price of £35k per season for a 10 seat box, 70% have not been taken. So the first challenge must be to use/sell what exists. 

Edited by Andrew Robinson
Error

5 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

It got me wondering what I'd put for him to give that response.

@fpowl can you expand on wow? 

Absaloutly

through out all this thread I've never once been unsympathetic to our ground I love it and it's part of our history. Grounds have to stack up commercially these days and simply revamping Hillsbrough will never give you. The accommodation, transport links, and infrastructure to make it a leading venue for conference and events. That coupled with the residential. If you knocked it down and start again you still wouldn't be able to do a leader. Put simply the location alone is wrong. In terms of Sheffield as a city and geographical location but for major conferencing and events these tend to go to London, Manchester and Birmingham. There not inclusive of internationals too so it's not always about airports. It's down to  being able to accommodate such events. Which Sheffield cannot. 

When I talk about moveong stadiums I talk about a design which can facilitate such events.not building a stadium with a bit of corporate in middle of a industrial estate and chuck on the odd Brian Adams concert. Be one of the UKs and Europes top venues. And the home of Sheffield Wednesday. It will have no competition in Sheffield and being huge business into the city benefiting retailers and hotels.

as far as Sheffield arena is concerned that is dated and very limited so yeah. I am not surprised that concerts are going to alternative venues over the years tours have seen the Arenas attendances drop as people prefer alternative venues such as Leeds, Manchester. Etc..

to have the ambition and vision of such a venue you obviously need the staffing infrastructure and to think this could be operated as our current team would be suicidal a larger management with a more role specific structure team would need to be put In place to operate the venue. It quite simply is a huge business initself. Spreading the cost over a number of years is everyday stuff like your mortgage and any such figure over what period of time is budgeted for. With all this said you design it as a home for Sheffield Wednesday and not soleless and there are great expamples of these. The stadium as we know it has a primary function of football games the stadium I speak of is one of the nations largest or busiest corporate spaces attracting millions of pounds into the region. It's a project such as meadow Hall etc... 

football is changing and you have to keep with the times.

was really anything wrong for football games at

uptom Park

white hart lane

main road

hibury?

no but the need for additional revenue to move the clubs forward was greater.

We have a city that as a huge gap in the market and Sheffield Wednesday as a clubs they had the money, ambition, or ability to deliver would surly hit a lucrative maket.

the Wow was for referenceing poor sites like the arena which Sheffield looks at as a big player in the city and thinking this is the kind of project we compete with. This is the kind of venue we shut down

Sheffield needs a big facility why dosnt Sheffield Wednesday offer that 

35 minutes ago, fpowl said:

Absaloutly

through out all this thread I've never once been unsympathetic to our ground I love it and it's part of our history. Grounds have to stack up commercially these days and simply revamping Hillsbrough will never give you. The accommodation, transport links, and infrastructure to make it a leading venue for conference and events. That coupled with the residential. If you knocked it down and start again you still wouldn't be able to do a leader. Put simply the location alone is wrong. In terms of Sheffield as a city and geographical location but for major conferencing and events these tend to go to London, Manchester and Birmingham. There not inclusive of internationals too so it's not always about airports. It's down to  being able to accommodate such events. Which Sheffield cannot. 

When I talk about moveong stadiums I talk about a design which can facilitate such events.not building a stadium with a bit of corporate in middle of a industrial estate and chuck on the odd Brian Adams concert. Be one of the UKs and Europes top venues. And the home of Sheffield Wednesday. It will have no competition in Sheffield and being huge business into the city benefiting retailers and hotels.

as far as Sheffield arena is concerned that is dated and very limited so yeah. I am not surprised that concerts are going to alternative venues over the years tours have seen the Arenas attendances drop as people prefer alternative venues such as Leeds, Manchester. Etc..

to have the ambition and vision of such a venue you obviously need the staffing infrastructure and to think this could be operated as our current team would be suicidal a larger management with a more role specific structure team would need to be put In place to operate the venue. It quite simply is a huge business initself. Spreading the cost over a number of years is everyday stuff like your mortgage and any such figure over what period of time is budgeted for. With all this said you design it as a home for Sheffield Wednesday and not soleless and there are great expamples of these. The stadium as we know it has a primary function of football games the stadium I speak of is one of the nations largest or busiest corporate spaces attracting millions of pounds into the region. It's a project such as meadow Hall etc... 

football is changing and you have to keep with the times.

was really anything wrong for football games at

uptom Park

white hart lane

main road

hibury?

no but the need for additional revenue to move the clubs forward was greater.

We have a city that as a huge gap in the market and Sheffield Wednesday as a clubs they had the money, ambition, or ability to deliver would surly hit a lucrative maket.

the Wow was for referenceing poor sites like the arena which Sheffield looks at as a big player in the city and thinking this is the kind of project we compete with. This is the kind of venue we shut down

Sheffield needs a big facility why dosnt Sheffield Wednesday offer that 

WOW, ever been to Wembley? or even the Milton Keynes bowl for a concert? Getting out is afoooking nightmare at both...and they have 'The transport links'..

The grounds you mentioned were made bigger to accommodate more supporters, right now we don't need a bigger ground.

Your arguments do not stack up at all. Hillsborough is as easy to get to and from as any other stadium in the Championship and better than most in the Prem league

Leeds arena and Manchester have a much larger catchment area. Nothing you can do about that, if we build a real big un' they will build one bigger

Concerts, conferences and events. Surely if there was big money to be made from it someone would build an independent £100million arena to host such things. Wouldn't concerts wreck the pitch in the summer when we are trying to ready it for the seasons start, and during the season surely we havent got the time and resources to focus on hosting football and other events. Also a good proportion of Sheffield (Utd fans) wouldnt set foot in our new stadium for concerts, and maybe would put off acts using the stadium. Some extra corporate revenue would be nice, but Sheffield isn't London, I think the majority of our fans struggle to afford the expensive tickets, and our boxes struggled to sell with the price increase? 

All I'd do is knock down the West Stand, rebuilt a 2/3 tier stand with boxes, and renovate the North stand with maybe some corporate facilities behind it (restaurants etc).

Edited by northderbyshireowl

On 19/09/2017 at 17:37, steveger said:

The SAG is made up from representatives of South Yorkshire Police, South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue and Yorkshire Ambulance Service among others, yeah they can be over the top and seem excessive at times but i have no doubt the majority of all their decisions are made on safety grounds. Let's not forget our ground hasn't really had many major changes for a long time and it looks like a struggle to keep it up to modern standards.

All the more reason in the longer run,let's say the next 15 years for SWFC to start planning for a New Stadium.:columbo:

The average attendance hasnt hit 30K since the mid 60s,what we have is quite easily adequate,just needs modernising/updating,along the lines of the world cup bid model.

Id prefer playing at Hillsborough every time over most of the new lego stadiums Ive been in.

If the advent in of streaming matches every week really takes off,I can forsee attendances falling off,unless it becomes redicoulsly cheap to attend.

4 hours ago, legendaryswan said:

The average attendance hasnt hit 30K since the mid 60s,what we have is quite easily adequate,just needs modernising/updating,along the lines of the world cup bid model.

Id prefer playing at Hillsborough every time over most of the new lego stadiums Ive been in.

If the advent in of streaming matches every week really takes off,I can forsee attendances falling off,unless it becomes redicoulsly cheap to attend.

If we get promoted the demand will far outstrip supply, as I said earlier we are a business and strategic vision plays a key part in any business. This will make a stadium revamp or expansion crucial for the growth of the business.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Manwithastick said:

Isn't Wednesdays non match day income lower than Rotherhams?

Yes but we have a very lovely owner, a cracking squad and good facilities. Who really gives a bobbar if toytown sell more pies and have a chuckle brothers show every Friday night?