Increased capacity

2 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Well that's nice of em! What has changed since the Wycombe game?

Nothing has changed. Its simply down to the fact that the keystone cops at SYP cannot cope with a full house ,so SAG make life easy for them and reduce the capacity. 

1 hour ago, Ian_D said:

Remember the kop with 22,000 fans bouncing away?  Sounds unbelievable now doesn't it?  Used to love being part of that.

remember been on there feb 1985 vs Liverpool  when we had 50000 they let far too many on kop and I had to leave before kick off and missed the game I was gutted , u started upper middle in kop and you were nowhere near that by second half .

4 minutes ago, fpowl said:

I love this but unfortunatly Hillsbrough as a location and a facility will never be the best option as a all year round business 

the lack of parking, transport links and accommodation will always reduce the demand on conference and banqueting despite the improvements on the video increasing the those facilities and the residentional around it will always make it difficult if not impossible to put on events and concerts.

as a lover of tradition and our history I would love us to modify our home but as a business man I would seriously consider our long term future for of home.

amd I know that both options are being considered when/ if the premiership arrives 

sadly our stadium no matter what improvements are made will never generate what another can if we relocate

tough decision head of heart 

Interesting view. My big but though is where do you move to? To achieve the things you speak of probably needs a city centre location? Most new grounds are further out of town than Hillsboro with less infrastructure links. Boltonbeing the prime example.

inthink we could effectively develop the current ground at less cost than a new one. But think we need to consider infrastructure around the stadium..would a large park n ride car park be effective? Better use of the tram, or even look at trains to wadsley bridge like in the old days? There's lots there to be used, just needs some imagination. Didn't Man City buy up most of the housing estates around their ground to develop what they've done? Can you imagine clearing the housing as far as hillsborough park and Niagara and the possibilities that would then open up. Not to mention the Charlie browns triangle?  There's a lot of land around there to consider, and with our current financial clout it's probably possible?

17 minutes ago, Plonk said:

Interesting view. My big but though is where do you move to? To achieve the things you speak of probably needs a city centre location? Most new grounds are further out of town than Hillsboro with less infrastructure links. Boltonbeing the prime example.

inthink we could effectively develop the current ground at less cost than a new one. But think we need to consider infrastructure around the stadium..would a large park n ride car park be effective? Better use of the tram, or even look at trains to wadsley bridge like in the old days? There's lots there to be used, just needs some imagination. Didn't Man City buy up most of the housing estates around their ground to develop what they've done? Can you imagine clearing the housing as far as hillsborough park and Niagara and the possibilities that would then open up. Not to mention the Charlie browns triangle?  There's a lot of land around there to consider, and with our current financial clout it's probably possible?

I've always been massively against a new ground but changed my mind a few weeks ago having been lucky enough to attend a concert at Madison Square Garden. I was completely blown away by the place and sat there wondering why I'd paid so much money for the best seats when there wasn't a bad one in the place....if we built a slightly larger scale version without the roof or even wth a retractable version then I'd be in favour......put it in Hillsborough park and I'd even help build it!

2 hours ago, BRADDO said:

Well that's nice of em! What has changed since the Wycombe game?

The one thing that will have changed are regulations, the interpretation thereof and how they are applied.

Simple truth is that the world constantly changes and stuff that was acceptable 5 years ago isn't necessarily now.

It is a pain I know I have compliance visits every 12 months and you think you are up to standard but the time she turns up there will be a raft of things I should now be doing. 

If it happens in the mundane world of accountancy I can bet when it comes to H & S it's twice as draconian.

10 minutes ago, Ian said:

I've always been massively against a new ground but changed my mind a few weeks ago having been lucky enough to attend a concert at Madison Square Garden. I was completely blown away by the place and sat there wondering why I'd paid so much money for the best seats when there wasn't a bad one in the place....if we built a slightly larger scale version without the roof or even wth a retractable version then I'd be in favour......put it in Hillsborough park and I'd even help build it!

All in favour so long as we replace Sausage Cottage with a 'Brother Jimmys Bar' lol

3 hours ago, mattitheowl said:

North West Corner is condemned so that's a whole bunch of seats that we can take out of the question.  And there will always have to be some segregation of home and away fans.  But we should be able to fully fill 3 sides with no segregation or restrictions.  The West stand can be worked on.

Yet sky can build a studio and prop it up with scaffolding without a problem

Edited by helmut_rooster

Waste of money building a new stadium, Hillsborough just needs abit of a facelift.

The cost of building a new stadium - a decent one - would be £100million+, I don't see how we would recoup that with a few conferences and weddings.

The blades have a good location and built some facilities but are still skint, what brings in the money is the TV money from the Premiership and Champions League. Once you get to that level you get the good sponsorship deals as well. We don't need a white elephant stadium, just Premiership football.

39 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Yet sky can build a studio and prop it up with scaffolding without a problem

with a capacity of about 6 people and total weight of what, 30?  No access or egress required.

17 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

And Wycombe were allowed to use it for their fans. 

one off for about 50 people. 6 years ago.

Yeah, let's just open it up.  All those who think its safe can volunteer to sit there.

Just not bothered...

They knocked down all the old baseball stadiums in America and have regretted it. Wrigley field and Fenway Park, the two old ballparks left, always come top in fans list, even though they probably aren't 'fit for purpose' with wooden seats and small concourses.

Personally, I'd have the old south stand back, and wooden seats on the north. Tango's corner on the Kop adds a unique aspect to the stadium. Much preferred Derby's old baseball ground - alebit a wreck of a stadium - to PP.

27 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

with a capacity of about 6 people and total weight of what, 30?  No access or egress required.

Yeah, let's just open it up.  All those who think its safe can volunteer to sit there.

Where is the evidence that the NW corner is condemned? Not saying it's not got a safety certificate so cant presently be used but where is it stated that it's been condemned?

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

I get your points and I would prefer to develop hillsbrough. I'm a traditionalist with SWFC at my heart and Hillsbrough is SWFC so as a fan without having my money on the place or a role developing revenue streams I would never vote for a move away. I do not think that Hillsbrough could ever be developed into what could give us a significant revenue stream,( just an opinion with no inside info ) 

and yes a move away would be costly and more to my point very controversial and unpopular.

But again to answer your question whilst I do not have all the alternative options. Where would I move

probably the parkway. For the reasons I have said a move away. Conference, Banquete, could Concerts.

the motorway gives a great transport link. There's is a number of large commercial business and still many plans for more major firms to move on the parkway. These provide great opportunities in both the C&B but also a n sponsorship. The university has site on there with AMRC and are planning more sites these are the younger generation for 16 year old maybe a great way to influence some new fans. There is some residential and plans to have more. The location and restrictions and planning would need to be looked at for festivals and concerts but I would imagine this as it stands and the location would be easily overcome. There are already a Hotel on there and plans to build another. It makes perfect for a commercial move. 

there is an opportunity to build an hotel this will no doubt be supported by the commercial around the area but also the pure location like bling Rotherham to Sheffield and the M1 link I would be confident with the right opperator despite a small competion they should easily be able to achieve a 90% occupancy with a 50-100 bedroom Mon-Thur and if they get the a good commercial going through it non Matchday could generate 100% 

pubs are also limited I think there's only one on the whole area. I'm not sure how building another would stack up and he supported non matchday but would clean up on matchdays. Flip side to this is you could use other areas of the ground or hotel facilities to drive these sales and have different offers in them. Due to lack of options these would easily be financially viable and instantly increase sales pre and post match for both home and away fans plus any concerts or festivals booked. Again I'm a traditionalist. I like my pint in a proper pub 

What about the fans? There would be ample parking and even plenty of opportunities for overspill with the surrounding commercial spaces. As far as I  aware there are no plans currently to expend the trans or trains in the area ( maybe someone ITK can confirm this) so fans who don't drive or don't like driving on matchdays due to having a pint. Will have to make alternative alterations. I'm sure a park and ride increased public transportation increased club coaches will all be put on. There's other options can be explored park on matchdays collect the next. I don't have the answers but sadly I do know that when it comes to the fans whilst we make great support vocally we are becoming a least important factor financial due to other revenues being more ludicrous. With TV rights being the none number one driver. It's why I get annoyed with clubs penalise my the working man because they often get out priced. I look at teams paying 10 million plus in our divisions and see half filled stadiums and I think why couldn't you lower your player sales and put a million into dropping your ticket prices in our division that reduces an extra £5 per 10,000 every home game it starts adding us when you cut 3million out and you can start to question how much that profits filters start into the bottom line through the increased sales. Not mention the increased atmosphere and support.

anyway in short with a business head and not known my all the options that one stands out.

but I'm a SWFC fan and would chose Hillsbrough of any move away.

32 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Wycombe brought 256 people..... Which is about 250 more than the pigs will bring anyhow 

Guest Manwithastick
3 hours ago, Plonk said:

Bolton less infrastructure? Have you seen Middlebrook Park next to the stadium? Makes Hillsborough look like it's on mars.

39 minutes ago, northderbyshireowl said:

They knocked down all the old baseball stadiums in America and have regretted it. Wrigley field and Fenway Park, the two old ballparks left, always come top in fans list, even though they probably aren't 'fit for purpose' with wooden seats and small concourses.

Personally, I'd have the old south stand back, and wooden seats on the north. Tango's corner on the Kop adds a unique aspect to the stadium. Much preferred Derby's old baseball ground - alebit a wreck of a stadium - to PP.

Nonsense. Every new park is better than what it replaced by a long stretch. Hillsborough looks like a non league park in comparison to any

baseball stadium you choose, including both Wrigley and Fenway. Neither of which has polled top 3 in a number of years

(Wrigley 4th,but that's because they won last years world series, Fenway 8th - it's incredible but has much better facilities and infrastructure than 

S6 - the only thing comparable is the number of seats and that's not relevant since they have 81 home games plus play offs every year).

If you think folk would rather hark back to Tiger Stadium than watch at Comerica then you know nothing about baseball or its fans. And 

yes, I've seen games at all those mentioned (including Tiger Stadium in 1984), plus Yankee Stadium ($2billion!!)

Edited by Manwithastick

4 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

If you think folk would rather hark back to Tiger Stadium than watch at Comerica then you know nothing about baseball or its fans.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/722988-old-yankee-stadium-and-4-ballparks-that-should-never-have-been-torn-down

"After spending millions to maintain the crumbling ballpark up until 2006, the city of Detroit, against the wishes of its fans, demolished the grand structure that had come to be known simply as "The Corner".

11 minutes ago, Manwithastick said:

Bolton less infrastructure? Have you seen Middlebrook Park next to the stadium? Makes Hillsborough look like it's on mars.

Nonsense. Every new park is better than what it replaced by a long stretch. Hillsborough looks like a non league park in comparison to any

baseball stadium you choose, including both Wrigley and Fenway. Neither of which has polled top 3 in a number of years

(Wrigley 4th,but that's because they won last years world series, Fenway 8th - it's incredible but has much better facilities and infrastructure than 

S6 - the only thing comparable is the number of seats and that's not relevant since they have 81 home games plus play offs every year).

If you think folk would rather hark back to Tiger Stadium than watch at Comerica then you know nothing about baseball or its fans. And 

yes, I've seen games at all those mentioned (including Tiger Stadium in 1984), plus Yankee Stadium ($2billion!!)

Rounders 

https://youtu.be/VlORWhsJjNM

Guest Manwithastick

Rubbish. I was there 12 months ago and took time to ask dozens of fans if they preferred Tiger Stadium and would they go back. Not one said they

would and several assumed I'd never been to Tiger Stadium. 

As for that article:

1. It's six years old - as Yankee,Mets or Tigers fans now they've had 6 more years in their new parks - I assure you they would NOT go back.

2. It references Ebbetts Field which last saw baseball in 1957 when the Dodgers did an overnight flit to LA and Crosley Field in Cincinnati which closed

1970. It's like wanting to go back to rationing. Nonsense.

1 hour ago, northderbyshireowl said:

Waste of money building a new stadium, Hillsborough just needs abit of a facelift.

The cost of building a new stadium - a decent one - would be £100million+, I don't see how we would recoup that with a few conferences and weddings.

The blades have a good location and built some facilities but are still skint, what brings in the money is the TV money from the Premiership and Champions League. Once you get to that level you get the good sponsorship deals as well. We don't need a white elephant stadium, just Premiership football.

Can't disagree enough if you build a stadium to accommodate you can host major conferemces and events these are huge commercially and Sheffield in general located in the middle of our country as terrible facilities to host the high earning events.

plus like most business the purchase are not often bought out right they or leased or loan put based taking out a loan weather personal or bank the purchase bevaomes a part of your assets and will be shown on your balance. Sheet as depreciation. Once this hits 0 or gets to a value hit you can plan your next planned investment usually a refurbishment. Therefor the move is calculated by paying over a number of years.

i would imagine that a move would be paid for over 20 years plus

to use your figures as an expample 100 million over 20 years is 5 million a year for a stadium this will be easily be achieved if built correctly to maximise revenue and save costs. I bet just rebuilding Hillsbrough with moder technology with massive save power and and water. And I know the design could make huge staffing costs but f built in the right way to increase sales but reduce labour, then you can consider the sale of Hillsbrough to reduce that figure payed back annually or period it's payed back in.

commercially it's extremely cost effective.