Increased capacity

North West Corner is condemned so that's a whole bunch of seats that we can take out of the question.  And there will always have to be some segregation of home and away fans.  But we should be able to fully fill 3 sides with no segregation or restrictions.  The West stand can be worked on.

Just not bothered...

The SAG is made up from representatives of South Yorkshire Police, South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue and Yorkshire Ambulance Service among others, yeah they can be over the top and seem excessive at times but i have no doubt the majority of all their decisions are made on safety grounds. Let's not forget our ground hasn't really had many major changes for a long time and it looks like a struggle to keep it up to modern standards.

4 minutes ago, steveger said:

The SAG is made up from representatives of South Yorkshire Police, South Yorkshire Fire & Rescue and Yorkshire Ambulance Service among others, yeah they can be over the top and seem excessive at times but i have no doubt the majority of all their decisions are made on safety grounds. Let's not forget our ground hasn't really had many major changes for a long time and it looks like a struggle to keep it up to modern standards.

I get this and at times think the abuse of SAG is nonsensical, but equally there are plenty of grounds out there that don't suffer like ours.  Things like the segregation of the block at the end of the South Stand, what is that doing?  That is the newest stand in the ground, it's only 20 years old and it's nowhere near away fans.  What is the thinking there?  I get that the North seems to be suffering more on fire safety grounds, but at Vicarage road the other year the concourse was an absolute bombscare!  It seems a little like we're beholden to different rules simply because the sign outside relates to a horrible disaster 30 years ago.

Just not bothered...

4 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Whilst I don't hide my views that our ground isn't fit for purpose in the modern game there is no reason it can't be full capacity , nw corner aside . 

The west stand and kop are relics that need dragging down but they are perfectly safe at full capacity 

Can I ask what qualifies you to make that last statement...in particular for you to disagree with representatives from all the blue light services?

7 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

I get that the North seems to be suffering more on fire safety grounds

Eh?

Edit - Ignore me, you mean the evacuation of it. I'm ill and therefore not fully switched on today

Edited by Ash76

6 minutes ago, Ian said:

Can I ask what qualifies you to make that last statement...in particular for you to disagree with representatives from all the blue light services?

Do you honestly, hand on heart, believe if their was any small issues and structural issues at all, that even one single person would be allowed in the ground?

3 minutes ago, Ryan the owl said:

Do you honestly, hand on heart, believe if their was any small issues and structural issues at all, that even one single person would be allowed in the ground?

Who said anything about structural issues.....my point is that there will be reasons that you don't even know about and wouldn't even think about until someone pointed it out to you

Just now, Ian said:

Who said anything about structural issues.....my point is that there will be reasons that you don't even know about and wouldn't even think about until someone pointed it out to you

Mate, trust me, if their was any issue at all, small or big, the ground would not have 1 single person in it, given Hillsboroughs past.

Just now, Ryan the owl said:

Mate, trust me, if their was any issue at all, small or big, the ground would not have 1 single person in it, given Hillsboroughs past.

If it's ok with you 'mate' I'd rather trust those who know what they are doing and talking about 

3 minutes ago, Ryan the owl said:

That's just not true though is it.  If the issue is that evacuation levels have changed in the last 10/20/30/50 years then perhaps the reduced capacity is simply to match those.  Won't stop a good chunk of people being allowed in but there is obviously a limit.

Just not bothered...

I can't quite understand the anger and obsession some on here have with SAG and the capacity, when we can't fill the ground for the vast majority of the season anyway. I'd rather the club focus their attentions elsewhere, rather than bending their back to accommodate a few hundred fans who turn up once a year. 

We still have tickets available for Sunday, for a fixture that was arranged 3 months ago. It's not as though they are queuing down Penistone Road, and Stan Flashman is stood outside with a wad of £20's. 

Why not spend the money improving the facilities for the regulars, who turn up every week.