Tudgay and the derbies

It was hard not to like Tudgay when he was here. He was always a 100% player whether on the wing or up front. Had an awesome leap on him too to say he wasn't the tallest.

It's a shame that his career pretty much fizzled out when he left us. Didn't we reject an offer for him from Burnley who were in the Prem at the time not long before he left?

I'm glad he's positive about us again as he fell out with the fans for a period of time.

The season before his purported move to Burnley he was quality and that was his peak scoring 14 goals I think. I think there was a game at Watford around that time when we got mullered on sky but he looked better than most players on the pitch and scored our only goal. But for some reason the Burnley interest and a botched contract announcement soured things and after signing that new deal he and the team weren't quite as good to the point where the goals more or less dried up and some fans got on his back. I think he was miffed he didn't get his move and the premier league dream was gone whilst our takeover was a fake over.

I think the low point was when he scored a couple in league one and was forced to celebrate with the fans by his teammates! He ultimately moved to Forest and did well for a time but missed out again and since then he has generally struggled for goals and a bit of confidence at places like Coventry.

I get the impression that over the passage of time he can now look back on things in a more positive note and that it wasn't so bad here after all! 

I was always a big fan of him as a team player as he did the job of about 2/3 players in a struggling team. He was like superman against United, nearly scored and overhead kick once too!

1 hour ago, Suzuki_San said:

Oh, come on now. 

Tudgay would not get in this side with the wealth of strikers we have. Go to bed! 

Wouldn't have him ahead of Hooper at the moment, true- but would be tough to choose between him and Fletch, and definitely worth a place on the bench, no?