Ross Wallace - “You can understand the hype"

wallace_hillsborough.jpg

Ross Wallace is no stranger to big derby games and having featured in Old Firm and Tyne Wear tussles, the Scot is keen to taste a Steel City showdown.

The experienced winger has always revelled in the big occasions and the excitement of a local derby is a feeling that never gets old, according to the 32-year-old.

Over the years, Wallace’s derby list includes; Celtic v Rangers, Sunderland v Newcastle, Preston v Burnley, Burnley v Blackburn and the wideman is keen to add the Sheffield derby to the list.

“I’ve played a few derbies down the years in different parts of the country,” he told swfc.co.uk.

“This is one I’ve never played in so it’s one I am looking forward to. Everybody keeps telling me about it.

“It’s going to be a tough game, they have had a good start but we’re in good form and it’s going to be a good match and one for the fans.

“You can understand the hype and it should be there because of the size of the game.

Large.jpeg

“We were happy to see them come up last season because you want to play in these big games, competitive games, derby games, these are the game you want to play in.”

So how does Ross think Sunday’s derby will compare to those gone before?

“I will have to tell you after the match, it’s a massive game for the city and hopefully we can come out on top.”

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, BRADDO said:

He'll nick Wilderbeast's tactical notes on the sideline if he gets chance

Problem is the peasants from across the city will kick off big style at every wind up possible.  Throwing stuff at a goalie for smiling . Imagine what the beautiful people from s2 will do when he behaves like . . . . Well behaves like himself . Wilder , mcsue and the fat boy will want to sue him and blame him for their relegation come may :manager:

• Haha 1