Sign in to follow this  
Pod9

Leeds Allocation

Guest Copthorneowl
2 minutes ago, Mr Mercury said:

Sorry but we have to disagree, if away team has 2/2.5k tickets , then surely there is less advantage / emphasis than if they have 5/6k - not bo**cks imo ! 

Fair enough but beyond Leeds and Villa and possibly Sunderland there is not a cat in hells chance of any other team receiving and bringing that many fans to us in fact I'd say there would be very few topping 2.5k most teams are poor when travelling whereas we excel.

14 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Fair enough but beyond Leeds and Villa and possibly Sunderland there is not a cat in hells chance of any other team receiving and bringing that many fans to us in fact I'd say there would be very few topping 2.5k most teams are poor when travelling whereas we excel.

The 3 teams you've mentioned will get more tickets at Hillsboro than we will get at there grounds ...!?

Thing is, we will sell out against united, regardless of what we give them. Leeds we probably won't quite sell out, especially with it being on sky. so makes sense to give them more seats. 

Guest Copthorneowl
12 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

He doesn't want to know mate, it's fv.ckin baffling how people like him want more away fans in the ground.

He doesn't want to know because he wants to support his team home AND away and if people with your point of view get their way there'll be virtually no away tickets....try an away game you'll find the atmosphere in our end fantastic twice as good as 60% full Hillsborough AND the team need away fans more would have thought it was obvious we don't all live 10 minutes from the ground.

56 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

He doesn't want to know mate, it's fv.ckin baffling how people like him want more away fans in the ground.

What a sad, soulless viewpoint.

just as an aside ...seen as we've got the lower west on sunday do we think they will block the exit onto leppings lane from the south stand / grandstand after the  game .

26 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Eh?????  Soulless? explain please.

whats the problem with wanting our fans on all 4 sides of the ground???

really can't get my head around why folk want to give the away team extra tickets!!

Correct, however Sunday is really only a one off. Bar playoffs off course. 

For the 95% Of home games this season, we wouldn't be able to sell out. And as a football fan, I like bums on seats. 

I dont have have a problem giving the away fans tickets, if we aren't going to sell them ourselves. 

We usually play better IMO when there are more Away fans. 

24 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

Eh?????  Soulless? explain please.

whats the problem with wanting our fans on all 4 sides of the ground???

really can't get my head around why folk want to give the away team extra tickets!!

But we won't sell out all four sides even if the opportunity was there. Not against Leeds, on a Sunday, for a TV game.

So I'd rather see away fans than empty seats. I'd rather an atmosphere as I expect the 'advantage' gained by Leeds as a result of extra tickets will be negligible - take away the tribal atmosphere from football and it's no more interesting to me than cricket.

Guest Copthorneowl
7 minutes ago, Salli said:

But we won't sell out all four sides even if the opportunity was there. Not against Leeds, on a Sunday, for a TV game.

So I'd rather see away fans than empty seats. I'd rather an atmosphere as I expect the 'advantage' gained by Leeds as a result of extra tickets will be negligible - take away the tribal atmosphere from football and it's no more interesting to me than cricket.

Spot on and unbelievable anybody can't understand it.

Whatever we give and even if we gave zero tickets it won't make one ticket difference to our fans attendance but it will probably spread our  fans from the Kop , South and North who might want to go behind goal in the west leaving gaps from whence they came.

How fans can't understand the importance of us travelling away in bigger numbers than we get is almost beyond belief and you can guarantee those who want to lower the away fans allocation only turn up at Hillsborough,. Ask Carlos what he thinks about our away following he loves it.

Plus the many many fans in London and Home Counties want to go to games nearer them .....complete and utter numpties if you can't see that.

2 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

And the aim of this club is to be in the Prem with regular +30k crowds, most of em Wednesday fans, or would you rather restrict that number and wipe the ar.se of the away team!??!??

Fv.ck em!

But we aren't in the Prem and nor will we sell out a week on Sunday in the home end for a second tier game at £40 a ticket.

Thus Leeds are welcome to the seats for me. But anyway I'm going dizzy and so shall bow out.

for me football is (at least should be) entertainment 

Best atmospheres at hillboro are when the away teams brings a decent number 

away games are a million times more enjoyable than home ones for anyone into having a laugh, singing, boozing etc 

imo if we give a decent amount (which we pretty much always do) we should be entitled to expect a decent amount or at least have a better case to request a decent amount when we go away

nothing more frustrating than not being able to follow the team away cos a of [email protected] nk allocation when the stadium is half empty

Just now, Finlux_Cup said:

Why??!?!??  I am honestly baffled as to why you'd rather give the cv.nts more than the absolute bare minimum??

Fv.ck em!

better atmosphere

Just now, Finlux_Cup said:

Yeah, for them!!  

for both - its entertaining! 

6 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

I'm signing off this, if you wanna lube up and let Leeds have a free go on you, that's up to you, they should get the absolute bare minimum.

As I said, fv.ck em!!!

Where do I sign?    :goalie: 

As a Leeds fan I was amazed at the 4,600 allocation (sold out this morning I believe) compared with t'Blades allocation for the weekend.  What's the point of a Derby if it is to be sanitised by a poor away support? And when reading this thread, you can sense the posters who travel away and those that don't.

We we are in 2017, and the SYP surely have enough manpower, intelligence and technical gear to ensure that a game of 32,000 ish can go ahead with a minimum of bother with say 4,600 Blades fans in attendance? And if they can't, are they "fit for purpose"? Hope to god you don't play Koln at any time soon.  WYP are perhaps no better but we don't have a "same city club" for them to deal with and the current bizarre housing of away fans in the West Stand at ER gives them a ready made excuse to be awkward.

Or do SYP just want a nice overtime wedge on Sunday for the minimum of effort?

Be interesting if some sort of ruling was brought in whereby in the case of a football match, the local police force were contra-charged a fee for every empty seat below capacity when they have imposed a lower maximum attendance.  But thinking on, that would just allow them to ban away support completely, "in the interests of safety"

But I am cynical.....and bored....

Sold out in eleven minutes.

Please can we have some more

1 hour ago, Rusholme Ruffian said:

As a Leeds fan I was amazed at the 4,600 allocation (sold out this morning I believe) compared with t'Blades allocation for the weekend.  What's the point of a Derby if it is to be sanitised by a poor away support? And when reading this thread, you can sense the posters who travel away and those that don't.

We we are in 2017, and the SYP surely have enough manpower, intelligence and technical gear to ensure that a game of 32,000 ish can go ahead with a minimum of bother with say 4,600 Blades fans in attendance? And if they can't, are they "fit for purpose"? Hope to god you don't play Koln at any time soon.  WYP are perhaps no better but we don't have a "same city club" for them to deal with and the current bizarre housing of away fans in the West Stand at ER gives them a ready made excuse to be awkward.

Or do SYP just want a nice overtime wedge on Sunday for the minimum of effort?

Be interesting if some sort of ruling was brought in whereby in the case of a football match, the local police force were contra-charged a fee for every empty seat below capacity when they have imposed a lower maximum attendance.  But thinking on, that would just allow them to ban away support completely, "in the interests of safety"

But I am cynical.....and bored....

spot on completely agree with your post 

p.s I hope we give you a 2014 esque tonking lol