Leeds Allocation

Pod9

35 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Someone is going to have to explain the logic behind this?

Why give Leeds more than the Blunts?

I can only think because more chance of selling west lower to Owls fans against the blunts?

Would have thought that Leeds will only be given the upper due to past problems.

Keep Shtum everyone, I don't want anyone explaining the logic behind this lol

12 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Is this definitely right? Only someone on Facebook yesterday was quoting an old article from last season with similar numbers. 

Should offer them and the pigs what they offer us. 

It is right.  4,600 and the same prizes as our lop.

1 hour ago, Mr Mercury said:

Cannot understand this , less away fans there the better for me. Hillsboroughs always been an away fans dream 5/6/7 thousand if needed/required, has to help the opposition surely. Would defo have given this shower of s*** same as our allocation at Bellend Road. Baffling. 

Certainly got to help them a tad, but on balance I'd prefer a decent atmosphere.

Edited by northderbyshireowl

1 hour ago, northderbyshireowl said:

Certainly got to help them a tad, but on balance I'd prefer a decent atmosphere.

It helped when we battered them 6-0 and they were cheering corners like they'd scored.All ended well though as they were happy to let us have tom lees for nowt probably based on his performance that day and his subsequent substitution.Big crowds are good for atmosphere if they are behind you but can go against you when you are losing and they're on your back

3 hours ago, Copthorneowl said:

Your personal opinion is probably and quite rightly presumably based on your own attendance habits, but I can only take the view that you don't go to away games. Giving small allocations only leads to reciprocity which means those that want to go to away matches which have a great Wednesday atmosphere far better than Hillsborough don't get a look in for tickets.

Know what you're saying but where do we get 4/5/6 thousand and above ? Yes, my personal opinion but sick of us being a soft touch at Hillsboro , away fans dream 

Guest Copthorneowl
10 minutes ago, Mr Mercury said:

Know what you're saying but where do we get 4/5/6 thousand and above ? Yes, my personal opinion but sick of us being a soft touch at Hillsboro , away fans dream 

You're mainly right we don't often get that big an allocation apart from at some northern grounds Preston comes to mind but blokes like me and many many others in and around London who do 450 mile round trips for home games who can't come up all the time and for that reason can't justify season tickets are just as keen as you local guys but we only get a sniff from a decent allocation and at Southern night matches plus the likes of Fulham etc.

Its not necessary for us exiled southerners to have 5/6 k allocations generally if it's towards 3k+ we get to general sale and we can get tickets but having a small allocation for away fans is just plain daft imo for several reasons but suffice to say Wednesday fans don't fill the ground at Hillsborough and there's bags of room for away fans to create a better atmosphere and the idea it makes it harder for the team is bo***cks.

We should give em more and we'll get more.

Guest Copthorneowl
Just now, Gargoyle said:

Give the foookers nowt. Who wants to go to Shiiitehole lane And Belllend road anyway? Just putting money into their coffers. Watch it on the telly instead and have a beer in safety instead. 

Try thinking - there are passionate wednesdayite a all over the country particularly down south we'd like to go to games near us the world doesn't start and finish at "Bellend Road and Bumhole Lane", as for me it's 450 round trip for a home game so why not think outside the box mate.

Very few games are on the telly.

Guest Copthorneowl
4 minutes ago, Finlux_Cup said:

We shouldn't give away fans any more than the bare minimum, still can't understand Wednesday fans wanting the away team to get more, baffling.

Plussed you in error selfish point of view imo.

totally crazy giving them 4500 ,that means there will be massive trouble for certain and if they score they will be on the pitch ,probably throw bottles at westwood he I know wont put up with that and try to get to the morons who throw it at him. ive seen enough of that lot over last few years causing bother when they have come ,couple years back there were loads of scuffles on middlewood road ,3 years back that moron tried to hit Kirkland and leeds scum protected him when he jumped back in there end , on youtube vs millwall they have about 30 kops guarding them at a London bridge pub Saturday ,when we travel in numbers away we might have 2-3 kops at pub watching us.

19 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

You're mainly right we don't often get that big an allocation apart from at some northern grounds Preston comes to mind but blokes like me and many many others in and around London who do 450 mile round trips for home games who can't come up all the time and for that reason can't justify season tickets are just as keen as you local guys but we only get a sniff from a decent allocation and at Southern night matches plus the likes of Fulham etc.

Its not necessary for us exiled southerners to have 5/6 k allocations generally if it's towards 3k+ we get to general sale and we can get tickets but having a small allocation for away fans is just plain daft imo for several reasons but suffice to say Wednesday fans don't fill the ground at Hillsborough and there's bags of room for away fans to create a better atmosphere and the idea it makes it harder for the team is bo***cks.

We should give em more and we'll get more.

Sorry but we have to disagree, if away team has 2/2.5k tickets , then surely there is less advantage / emphasis than if they have 5/6k - not bo**cks imo ! 

Guest Copthorneowl

Lot of people on here think we should give bobbar away allocations clearly they only go to home games.

As a team we are very strong ....AT HOME! Only.

We have arguably the best away following in the champ, our team need this following which over the years I've seen get us over the line lots of times start reducing or giving crap allocations when Hillborough is half empty anyway can only and definitely only work against us surely anybody can see that it's obvious.

Guest Copthorneowl
2 minutes ago, Mr Mercury said:

Sorry but we have to disagree, if away team has 2/2.5k tickets , then surely there is less advantage / emphasis than if they have 5/6k - not bo**cks imo ! 

Fair enough but beyond Leeds and Villa and possibly Sunderland there is not a cat in hells chance of any other team receiving and bringing that many fans to us in fact I'd say there would be very few topping 2.5k most teams are poor when travelling whereas we excel.