Leeds Allocation

Pod9

Aren't we giving clubs what they have agreed to give us?

Thought I'd read that somewhere before the season started. 

The club had discussion with United, and they were adamant that we'd only be allocated 2,500ish tickets at Bramall Lane, so we've given them the same. I can only imagine Leeds have agreed to give Wednesday 4,500ish tickets at Elland Rd, so we've given them likewise. 

Can't be fairer than that.

Edited by frastheowl

So that's the whole of the top tier and some of the bottom. Yet we only gave the pigs 2,400 or something like that, so just two thirds of the top tier - personally I'd have given them the full top tier at least, rip off as many of them as possible at £42 a go.

That said, at least Leeds will sell their tickets and not pretend to be boycotting it.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

The club had discussion with United, and they were adamant that we'd only be allocated 2,500ish tickets at Bramall Lane, so we've given them the same. I can only imagine Leeds have agreed to give Wednesday 4,500ish tickets at Elland Rd, so we've given them likewise. 

Only got 2,700 last year so highly unlikely.

28 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

be good if that is the case would hopefully encourage teams to give more to get more.  did we only offer forest the paltry 1800 or less they give us when they came?

Cannot understand this , less away fans there the better for me. Hillsboroughs always been an away fans dream 5/6/7 thousand if needed/required, has to help the opposition surely. Would defo have given this shower of s*** same as our allocation at Bellend Road. Baffling. 

Chansiri is looking at things purely on a business level. He knows Wednesday fans will sell out for the Sheffield derby with United getting the minimum amount of tickets.

Potentially the west stand lower might not be needed for the Leeds game, therefore why not cash in on the knowledge that Leeds will sell it. More revenue for Wednesday and that's what Chansiri wants.

Just now, coopswfc76 said:

No idea but people don't go for some reason

Think when Sky is on and its at a daft time it doesn't help, its not like Leeds always sell out Hillsborough when they come, prob will this time because of their relatively recent revival. 

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

The club had discussion with United, and they were adamant that we'd only be allocated 2,500ish tickets at Bramall Lane, so we've given them the same. I can only imagine Leeds have agreed to give Wednesday 4,500ish tickets at Elland Rd, so we've given them likewise

Uniteds away end (bottom tier) holds 2,990 but the SY Safety Committee close off 750 seats.

Front 2 rows and areas near both corner flags.

So all clubs are treat the same with EVERY club allocated a max of just over 2,200 tickets at Bramall Lane.

Edited by sheffsteel

Guest Copthorneowl
26 minutes ago, Mr Mercury said:

Cannot understand this , less away fans there the better for me. Hillsboroughs always been an away fans dream 5/6/7 thousand if needed/required, has to help the opposition surely. Would defo have given this shower of s*** same as our allocation at Bellend Road. Baffling. 

Your personal opinion is probably and quite rightly presumably based on your own attendance habits, but I can only take the view that you don't go to away games. Giving small allocations only leads to reciprocity which means those that want to go to away matches which have a great Wednesday atmosphere far better than Hillsborough don't get a look in for tickets.

Someone is going to have to explain the logic behind this?

Why give Leeds more than the Blunts?

I can only think because more chance of selling west lower to Owls fans against the blunts?

Would have thought that Leeds will only be given the upper due to past problems.

2 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

Someone is going to have to explain the logic behind this?

Why give Leeds more than the Blunts?

I can only think because more chance of selling west lower to Owls fans against the blunts?

Would have thought that Leeds will only be given the upper due to past problems.

Think it was explained a few posts back, we give what we get, I.E if the Pigs only give us 2500 at the sty then we do the same?

Seems fair to me.

Edited by TaxiMark

I'm sure Leeds Away sold out on the day last year. It definitely made it to general sale. 

Its just a horrible place to go and they are just full on idiots! 

I would gladly sacrifice us only have 1000 tickets if it meant Leeds only got the same. 

I think it's a good idea to only give what we are likely to receive. Sick of giving other teams 4000 plus if required only for us to get 1800 if we are lucky.