Comparison table and graph Game 8

OK so we are two points better off, how many points better / worse off are the teams above us, we could be two points worse off and be higher in the league if the teams above have done worse as well.

So this is only relevant if we know how many points the ones above us are better / worse off compared with the teams who were in those positions last season

6 minutes ago, the third man said:

OK so we are two points better off, how many points better / worse off are the teams above us, we could be two points worse off and be higher in the league if the teams above have done worse as well.

So this is only relevant if we know how many points the ones above us are better / worse off compared with the teams who were in those positions last season

I merely stated a fact. I didn't express an opinion whether it was good, bad or indifferent. As the thread said it compares Sheffield Wednesdays performances between this year and last. The information that you want is called the league table and is available on most sports pages.

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, mark1948 said:

I merely stated a fact. I didn't express an opinion whether it was good, bad or indifferent. As the thread said it compares Sheffield Wednesdays performances between this year and last. The information that you want is called the league table and is available on most sports pages.

hate to be the one to tell you, but so is the information you supplied.

by the way I wasn't commenting on the work you have done, just to say for it to be relevant we need to look at other relevant information

6 minutes ago, Ironman said:

Good stats but oh so frustrating. It looks like another season where we are almost there,just not quite.

Two or three of those 1-1 draws were wins, and w'ed be looking strong favourites for automatic already. So near yet so far.

Not having a go, but I bloody hate this line of reasoning. Pretty much any side in the top 8 could say the same thing... hell if Leeds had bothered to turn up yesterday they could be 3 points clear of everyone, imagine how much regret they're having! 

This league is crazy difficult this season with a lot of big teams with expensive squads... I can't see there being any sort of  favourite for promotion until the last couple of weeks of the season. What will be will be

13 minutes ago, Ironman said:

Good stats but oh so frustrating. It looks like another season where we are almost there,just not quite.

Two or three of those 1-1 draws were wins, and w'ed be looking strong favourites for automatic already. So near yet so far.

Yes its draws that kill you so they say. Looking forward from this position last season we had ten losses to come if we can get the same results from the wins and draws but draw the losses we will be up automatic. 

I expect the division to be more equal this year which will make the points needed for automatics a bit lower than the last couple of seasons. You can already see that the points are being spread around more than last season.