One thing holding us back

We are well organised 

Technically sound 

But have to be the slowest team in the league going forward. We are unable to play any counter attacking football 

First half today we bossed it, they started pretty defensive 

When they were a goal behind, they obviously pressed on, yet we can't exploit any gaps as we don't have ANY pace going forward.

Its happens time and again. We got away with at Fulham and last Tuesday but costing us points at Burton and today 

We all know it, why can't CC see it?? (Or opposition teams for that matter)

Too late now to change I know but we are so close to a top team. Just that final ingredient and we'd take some stopping 

1 minute ago, torres said:

We are well organised 

Technically sound 

But have to be the slowest team in the league going forward. We are unable to play any counter attacking football 

When they were a goal behind, they obviously pressed on, yet we can't exploit any gaps as we don't have ANY pace going forward.

Its happens time and again. We got away with at Fulham and last Tuesday but costing us points at Burton and today 

Too late now to change I know but we are so close to a top team. Just that final ingredient and we'd take some stopping 

same as last season then ,and the one before you mean ? 

2 minutes ago, torres said:

We are well organised 

Technically sound 

Was mentioning this when people were on about Kent and a couple of other quick kids before the deadline. If your going to play defensive when you have your noses in front away from home would have been fantastic to have some lightning quick kid to bring on out wide in the second half against tiring legs against a team pushing forward for an equaliser, but as you said it didn't happen, hopefully Carlos will see this and maybe in January we'll get a deal done even if it's just a loan. ??? 

I think having an injection of pace in the latter stages of the game would help so much. 

Just someone who can carry the ball halfway up the pitch within a matter of a few seconds would make such a difference. 

Would mean we wouldn't be dropping so deep and also give the opposition something to worry about. 

13 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I think having an injection of pace in the latter stages of the game would help so much. 

Just someone who can carry the ball halfway up the pitch within a matter of a few seconds would make such a difference. 

Would mean we wouldn't be dropping so deep and also give the opposition something to worry about. 

This is something we have badly lacked for a long time.  

12 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We've all been saying it and it doesn't even need to be expensive. We've had players like Jack Stobbs in the U23s who could quite capably come on and stretch teams in the last 15 mins.

Hope your kidding have you regularly watched stobbs I have and he's no where near a first team squad 

Edited by bladeshater

16 minutes ago, Weshallovercome said:

I said pretty much exactly the same thing at half time.

They always had to come at us in the second half, having a speedy outlet to expose the space behind would be a handy option.

For whatever reason Carlos doesn't seem to agree though.

That's what's killing me! Why doesn't he see it? 

We would be one hell of a team with a pacey forward and someone to run with it in midfield 

3 minutes ago, S61 Owl said:

As daft as it sounds we never replaced JJ! No defenders like coming up against someone with pace and as others have said it is the only missing from our squad.

Funny you should say that because he is exactly who i thought of.

He is the one player you needed when it was backs to the wall, to carry the ball up the field.

That said we have Joao.

He is the only pace player we have left and I'm not sure why we don't use him more.

Edited by Bodhidharma

21 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Game management.

We need to get the ball,keep it in the opposition half, don't give away free kicks.

The top teams do it when in front with 5 minutes to go.

The ball over the top was on so many times in the second half, we have the players to pass it but none to exploit it.

We give so many fouls away because we are so slow and therefore it's the only way they can stop them.