Van aken

Crazy thing is he looks the best passer in the whole team.

From centre back!

What a trick to have up our sleeve. As the weeks go by, strikers will be straight on the shoulder as soon as he gets the ball, knowing that there's a good chance he will ping the ball through. 

Personally my MOM (just pipping Hooper), though I'll admit I've got a heavy bias as I waxed lyrical about him when we signed him.

No doubt that another 10 performances like that though and he'll be worth double what we bought him for, such is the insanity of today's market. Him and Lees at CB for this season is a mouth-watering prospect... if they can stay fit, well... 

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Personally my MOM (just pipping Hooper), though I'll admit I've got a heavy bias as I waxed lyrical about him when we signed him.

No doubt that another 10 performances like that though and he'll be worth double what we bought him for, such is the insanity of today's market. Him and Lees at CB for this season is a mouth-watering prospect... if they can stay fit, well... 

Was he one of those you found whilst scouring the European leagues during your spare time ? 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

I can see a top 6 team coming in for him in the summer. And we won't sell unless they bid silly money.

He just oozes class.  

4 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Was he one of those you found whilst scouring the European leagues during your spare time ? 

First put his name on here 12/18 months ago, yes. I'm embarrassingly giddy that one of my daft obscure foreign names found their way into a Wednesday team and is performing as well as expected/hoped :biggrin:

Shame about 75% of my daft obscure foreign names end up being sheeite, else I could totally blag my way as head of recruitment somewhere

Edited by StudentOwl

1 minute ago, StudentOwl said:

First put his name on here 12/18 months ago, yes. I'm embarrassingly giddy that one of my daft obscure foreign names found their way into a Wednesday team and is performing as well as expected/hoped :biggrin:

Shame about 75% of my daft obscure foreign names end up being sheeite, else I could totally blag my way as head of recruitment somewhere

It didnt stop Roeder getting the job . lol

• Haha 5

His confidence and ability on the ball has really added something to the squad. If he rises to the challenge and continues to develop and grow in confidence we'll have quite a player on our hands. 

As an aside, in the current market he looks to be exceptional value, proof that there are players out there if your patient and resourceful.