Man glassed in pub after being asked if he was a Wednesday fan

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

Watching that video, where are plod when pigs surge into Norwich fans coming out? 

Ps Also heard they were throwing missiles during game. 

There was a suggestion on the Norwich forum that it was an unpoliced game. I remember us having problems with this in a home game against Preston a couple of years ago (the one where McGugan scored from about 40 yards out), their fans were attacking the stewards after they scored and there were no plod around to help at all.

Pete Gunning grew up on Hammerton Road at Hillsborough and was always a pu55y. He used to act the hard man around the younger kids but never tangled with anyone his own age. Looks like he never changed or grew up.

Funny thing is, his younger brother is a Wednesday fan and was always a really decent lad.

The Judge who sentenced them is a absolute disgrace, the judiciary in this country are completely inept. They wouldn't dish out sentences like this if they were elected.

Used to go in the Globe all the time back in the day before gigs in Sheff. When the students aren't around it does have a very odd atmosphere. 

I know a couple who went in on the day that United confirmed promotion just for a quick drink. They had the hilarious 'We Hate Wednesday' flag up outside and they were asked, "Blade or Owl?" when the walked in. As they're not football fans they obviously had no idea what they were talking about, and after one drink they scarpered and took this photo as they left. 

I was also drinking outside here after QPR game and it kicked off when United's equaliser was chalked off with a couple of people getting thrown out, everyone was accusing everyone of being a Wednesday fan, completely bizarre. Our table outside and the one next to us who were Barnsley fans were very amused, but this place does seem to attract United's more mentally challenged clientele 

FullSizeRender.jpg

United have some real oddballs in their fanbase. 

Before the Kell Brook fight, I was in the Nursery Tavern watching the cup final with a few mates who'd come down. 

There was a group of about 5,6 United fans all suited and booted (like their day at Court) getting tanked up before heading down to the Sty. 

So one of Arsenal or Chelsea score and these United fans start going mental, shouting some weird chant at the tv (think it was Dem Blades related) and banging and smashing on the doors, walls, tables etc. 

Needless to say if If they'd have found out me or anyone else was a Wednesday fan at that point, there's a fair chance we'd have had our heads kicked in. 

My mate (who is from Newcastle, not exactly the most laid-back city on a night out) was completely bewildered by the whole thing. 

I remarked: "Yep. That's United fans for ya." 

Bunch of scrotes. 

Oh, and there was the time about 10 years back when I was on West Street following a game and was wearing my colors. 

Nearly got attacked by a United supporting pensioner with a walking stick lol 

Thankfully his son or grandson grabbed him before he could unleash some arthritic fueled fury. 

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

United have some real oddballs in their fanbase. 

Before the Kell Brook fight, I was in the Nursery Tavern watching the cup final with a few mates who'd come down. 

There was a group of about 5,6 United fans all suited and booted (like their day at Court) getting tanked up before heading down to the Sty. 

So one of Arsenal or Chelsea score and these United fans start going mental, shouting some weird chant at the tv (think it was Dem Blades related) and banging and smashing on the doors, walls, tables etc. 

Needless to say if If they'd have found out me or anyone else was a Wednesday fan at that point, there's a fair chance we'd have had our heads kicked in. 

My mate (who is from Newcastle, not exactly the most laid-back city on a night out) was completely bewildered by the whole thing. 

I remarked: "Yep. That's United fans for ya." 

Bunch of scrotes. 

Wife keeps telling me it's not a football but rock pub nowadays. Think she's just wanting my life insurance ;)

12 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Used to go in the Globe all the time back in the day before gigs in Sheff. When the students aren't around it does have a very odd atmosphere. 

I know a couple who went in on the day that United confirmed promotion just for a quick drink. They had the hilarious 'We Hate Wednesday' flag up outside and they were asked, "Blade or Owl?" when the walked in. As they're not football fans they obviously had no idea what they were talking about, and after one drink they scarpered and took this photo as they left. 

I was also drinking outside here after QPR game and it kicked off when United's equaliser was chalked off with a couple of people getting thrown out, everyone was accusing everyone of being a Wednesday fan, completely bizarre. Our table outside and the one next to us who were Barnsley fans were very amused, but this place does seem to attract United's more mentally challenged clientele 

FullSizeRender.jpg

Absolutely Pathetic.Having seen that has just intensified my utter Contempt for these vile Piggy Scrubbers.Justice will prevail when we stuff them this sunday. :columbo:

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

FullSizeRender.jpg

They hate us more than they like their own team lol

• Haha 1