Man glassed in pub after being asked if he was a Wednesday fan

On 15/09/2017 at 19:09, Whitechapel Owl said:

I remember someone on here saying this almost exact same incident happened to them, also in The Globe, and also with 3 of them. If memory serves me right he managed to fight them off with a pool cue. 

Must have been the same flaps. 

It was me mate!!! Seriously no joking. I was in with my Mrs and the same bloke and son came in and said 'we're all Wednesday aren't we'. I said to f'kin right and his goons tried starting...I was with my mrs as well as we had just watched us away at Birmingham on the screen.

immnot advocating or proud, but I picked up a pool cue and twatted one of them...the 'Dad' bottled it and ran out and my Mrs cracked one of the others. Outside were about 8 more.

luckily for me, some lads from Chezzie came over to me and said they had got my back. 

Im unformed by the staff at the Globe that it's the same idiots...although I am annoyed that  someone else has got caught out.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, LJH1867OWLS said:

ill say this though they are building  up a rep by attacking fans such as Boro and Norwich (easy targets) that the heavy hitters (Leeds, Cardiff & Milwall) won't ignore and will want to knock them down a peg or two!

Tbh I think they've had that reputation for quite a long time, it's always been dodgy at bumhole lane for away fans (shouldn't be but that's the harsh reality). Those teams you've mentioned just live off a reputation from the 80's, barks worse than their bite. It was in paper other month about pigs smashing L**ds boozers up etc, they've always had a reputation but we've also got our fair share of idiots too. 

I often thought about going back with a couple of mates (wouldn't have took much) to lay in wait but then I remembered I'm 45 and got a fair bit of responsibility..I'm sure they will do something to end up locked up before the suspended sentence expires.

18 minutes ago, fatzooma said:

It was me mate!!! Seriously no joking. I was in with my Mrs and the same bloke and son came in and said 'we're all Wednesday aren't we'. I said to f'kin right and his goons tried starting...I was with my mrs as well as we had just watched us away at Birmingham on the screen.

immnot advocating or proud, but I picked up a pool cue and twatted one of them...the 'Dad' bottled it and ran out and my Mrs cracked one of the others. Outside were about 8 more.

luckily for me, some lads from Chezzie came over to me and said they had got my back. 

Im unformed by the staff at the Globe that it's the same idiots...although I am annoyed that  someone else has got caught out.

Thanks for this, I couldn't for the life of me remember who it was but have often thought about the post.

Makes you wonder how many times they did it in total.

It's true that all clubs have their idiots but the Ched scrubbers just seem to have more than most clubs.

Since getting promoted they seem to have a chip on their shoulders and think they have a point to prove. They were attacking Boro fans and spitting at kids, yesterday they hospitalised 2 lads from Norwich and whenever they are challenged about it they say things like "I'm not condoning it BUT their number 9 was a right cheating f****r" or "I'm not condoning it BUT the referee should have given us at least 2 penalties"!!!

They are without a doubt one of the most moronic set of fans in the league and I'm sure they'll be intent on causing bother next Sunday.... no doubt the morons who glassed this poor bloke will be in the thick of it!!

Edited by TrickyTrev

4 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

Thanks for this, I couldn't for the life of me remember who it was but have often thought about the post.

Makes you wonder how many times they did it in total.

Quite a few by all accounts and the Police knew what they were up to! 

The day I had the nonesense was after the pigs had played Peterborough at home. Apparently they had been picking their fans off in the way to the train station. And the Police had been in. Plus the staff at the Globe had pointed them out as well. Pity that someone has had to be glassed for something to be done (if you can call 2 year suspended as fitting)

4 hours ago, hugeowl said:

They really have a scummy section don't they 

Picking on Norwich fans ........really ????

Probably the most sedate fans in the division , never seen any trouble with them home or away for decades . 

Well I witnessed our "fans" on the north throw a middle aged couple of Norwich fans (sat with our fans due to them selling out their allocation) down the stairway not so long ago.

People really need to grow up fighting over football etc 

Just now, Ryan the owl said:

Probably when we beat them 4-1, that end of the season match, about 08ish.

That's the one, time flies hey 

Was absolutely disgraceful by our so called fans that day. As said they were a middle class middle aged couple who just happened to clap at the wrong moment. 

I know the lad who was glassed quite well and he doesn't support either clubs, he's actually a Man United fan.

He went in to the globe with my brother and another just to use the toilet after a gig at the o2 when he was ambushed in the toilets.

Can't believe it's a suspended sentence because his face was a right mess but I'm guessing it's because they pleaded guilty just as the court were about to hear the first days worth of evidence

Like Ive said earlier in thread, ive had the same problem with pig knuckle draggers following me in to toilets after a game looking for aggro. They do have a proper bunch of scrubbers following them. Im up for a few Saturday night before the game on sunday but gonna give town a miss and go up Kelham island or summut instead.