Colin's Comments

Hes certainly a character and football better for blokes like him.

The fact hes a blunt tempers our opinion,loads of blunts hate megson.

Hes good viewing but at times when opens his gob he sounds like a complete tool,his favorite comment of mine was the "Dont come here to boo the team,stay home and take it out on the wife instead!"

5 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

A few snippets from his Cardiff presser earlier this morning...

I was born in Sheffield and I’ve always like the underdog, when I was a young lad, Wednesday were the best team in the county from what I remember. I went to watch Santos with Pele, the family was split, but they were always the favourites, so being the black sheep of the family I wanted to be the underdog and that’s how I ended up becoming a Blade.

Defensive and pompous - feeling the need to excuse away why he became a blade whilst name-dropping Pele

Brilliant!

7 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

I don't mind at all the banter with us as fans and as a club. It always seems well judged in a dish it out but have a pint at the end kind of way.

I don't admire his propensity to moaning and selfpity when his teams lose

This sums much of him up for me. I'm sure I would have said a few derogatory things about the S2 ot if I had been a manager for as long as he has. You've got to be able to dish it out and take it as long as it doesn't cross a line.

There have however been few that blame defeats on anyone but himself and his own team so often though and he has brought the game into disrepute more than once. 

The best manager in the division bar none if you want to get out of it, albeit he's never done a great deal in the one above. And he is a good bloke much as some will just scream "Pig" at him - I enjoy his interviews for how candid and down to earth he seems, and much as moaning about refs is annoying to the neutral it is a good way to keep the players on board by not doing them down too much in public. Always up for the banter with us - takes it just as well as he dishes it out. He's alright really, some are just too prejudiced to admit it.

He's not a 'top manager'. Top managers win things and/or survive at the top level for a long period. He's a very poor mans Pulis.  He's a lower league manager, and Wilder will go onto have a far better managerial career.

Warnock is a very lucky manager, having had a career in the game in the last few years after that West Brom game. 

51 minutes ago, vulva said:

He's not a 'top manager'. Top managers win things and/or survive at the top level for a long period. He's a very poor mans Pulis.  He's a lower league manager, and Wilder will go onto have a far better managerial career.

Warnock is a very lucky manager, having had a career in the game in the last few years after that West Brom game. 

Spot on. Failed badly every time he's had to coach properly at a good level. After he applauded the scum a few years ago for ripping up seats and punching the keeper I'd say he also finds it difficult to see past his attention seeking personality. Certainly not a pantomime villain as some would think. He's a proper d.ck.  I celebrated Nando's header last season more than any other goal (except maybe Fletch's header v udders). 

Diplomacy leads to respect royalty, he is King Pig after all!

A genuine character in the game.

But also a full weight bellend.

He's got Cardiff off to a flyer though so don't discount his drive. Wouldn't be surprised to see them top half at Christmas and there or thereabouts in second half of season.

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

This sums much of him up for me. I'm sure I would have said a few derogatory things about the S2 ot if I had been a manager for as long as he has. You've got to be able to dish it out and take it as long as it doesn't cross a line.

There have however been few that blame defeats on anyone but himself and his own team so often though and he has brought the game into disrepute more than once. 

Also won promotion 7 times