Colin's Comments

1 hour ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

The stories about how he allegedly played his team that paid him to play are particularly great too . But let's go on about his joke and his nose.

All the negatives are alleged and hardly any of them proved. I highly doubt he did a one of them. Hes a w@nker, but i quite like him. 

I used to play cricket with him. I was quite young and he was still a chiropodist but managing Scarborough. He had fallen out with the first team which i played for and would only play in the second team. I opened the batting with him a couple of times when we hadnt got a game. He was a horribly biased blade and clearly mostly a wxnkxr.

But.. he was very encouraging and decent company.  I used to enjoy batting with him as he wound the opposition up mercilessly. Couldn't stand losing and used to lose his shxt if things weren't going right.

He enjoyed his own opinions even then. My older friends in the first team absolutely couldnt stand him. He was also really vain in the changing room. Combing his hair like a twxt.

He's not really changed has he.

lol

10 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Colin is worth listening to in interviews but I have to say Cardiff were one of the most boring teams to watch last season at Hillsborough. They came for 0-0 and nearly got it but for a late Forestieri goal. My real moan though is about the tactics they employed, taking a minute or so over every throw-in, players going down unnecessarily and staying down to waste time and break-up play. It made me smile though that after we scored Colin was pointing to his wrist re time when we were seeing out the game.  

When he was playing he was like grease lightning down the wing, albeit he had to be, because it took him a couple of seconds to sort his feet out prior to getting his cross in. But to be fair he has never professed to having been anything other than a lower division journeyman during his playing career. He juggled the chiropodist practice and the fruit and veg shop whilst climbing the ladder in the management  merrygoround circus, he even qualified as a referee, he must be worth a tidy sum these days, but he's put a shift in to get it, good luck to him. 

1 hour ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

"Kirkland went down like a sack o spuds"

And he also said Cawley should go to prison. But just pick out the odd words to suit your view, why don't you.

Anyone who can get QPR, Notts County and Shef Utd in the top division is a top manager.

I don't like his style of play- and he's a terrible loser- but he's still a good manager.

Was sorry the fans turned on Mandaric when Warnock accepted the Wednesday job that MM offered him.

It might not have been pretty, but we'd probably be in the Prem by now.

Guest Copthorneowl

Known him for years used to come and watch the Sunday league team I played in when he lived in Todwick I played with his brother John who was at Rotherham; and his best pal (in his book) was a close mate of mine as kids as well.

Lot of people bigging  him up but he's Always been a very poor loser gets nasty.

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

The "White Feather"...such a witty nickname.

I've got one for you:

the boring bellend.

Do you like it?

It's always a sign of a lack of intelligence when a person resorts to insults... But if we're going to do it, then you're an aniloquist who's intolerant of anyone's views but your own.

P.S. an ventriloquist talks out of his belly (venter)...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Just give it a rest ........ boring in the extreme !

I wasn't aware that this is your board. You'd better prepare yourself for boredom, Casbah, because all views are allowed on this board, not just the ones which suit you.

I've backed Carlos on lots of things. We weren't as good as many thought when he took over. Pragmatism is the right way to get out of this league. He's had injuries... Chansiri bought players to entertain and they don't necessarily suit what Carlos wants now. You ignore those comments I made.

But that game at Huddersfield was a different animal. Anyone who saw that performance knows that, by God. Criticism is justified.

He's no angel, he's win at all costs, and his tactics can be questionable...perm him from hundreds of other managers.

I laughed out loud when he gave his "i would love to manage Wednesday and take them down"...Thats how I expect a Blade to behave, thats how I feel about them.

The reaction of some Owls fans about that statement was hypocrisy bordering on bloody laughable

Would I have had him as manager...maybe as a means to an end....but I would still have laughed me bollo x off when he got sacked....I should imagine he would completely understand that 

5 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

I've backed Carlos on lots of things

But that game at Huddersfield was a different animal. Anyone who saw that performance knows that, by God. Criticism is justified.

But for how long? Eternity is a long time to hold a grudge over one match.

Get over it. Even a thread about Colin's nose it gets dragged up. I'm in agreement it's so boring now. It's been done to death . Move on.

1 hour ago, Lincs Owl said:

And he also said Cawley should go to prison. But just pick out the odd words to suit your view, why don't you.

Anyone who can get QPR, Notts County and Shef Utd in the top division is a top manager.

I don't like his style of play- and he's a terrible loser- but he's still a good manager.

Was sorry the fans turned on Mandaric when Warnock accepted the Wednesday job that MM offered him.

It might not have been pretty, but we'd probably be in the Prem by now.

You want to touch his bottom don't you.

Let's be fair if pignock was an owl.  And managed us his boy hood club into the premier league. And we reversed all the comments he made to us against the oinkers.

he would be idolised on here. 

Say what you want about the man he genuinely brings success 7 promotions states that. And his recent history- a miracle keeping Rotherham up and currently - hasn't he took Cardiff from relation spot to automatic in a year.?

I love the fact that we have someone of this kind we can have the friendly banter with. It makes the games more interesting 

as for now.. get back in your sty warnock. You bent t&@t