Fernando Forristieri injury

10 hours ago, Holmowl said:

You are being very kind there.

Word for word from Carlos...

"He cant play on the left because he has to track back"

"He says he feels totally comfortable in attack and completely out of position on the left hand side".

So no, perhaps he hasnt said he wont play where he is asked, but if you were his manager and was told this, how would you feel?

I understand where you are coming from, but these aren't kids having a mess about, they're professionals. And from a professional perspective it's better for FF to tell Carlos if he's not comfortable playing in a particular position so Carlos can take that into account when deciding the team.

You could apply that same quote Carlos gave to my Tom Lees scenario... "He says he feels totally comfortable at centre back and out of position on the left hand side."

To me, the only difference is that many fans see FF's best position as being on the left, whereas Lees' is clearly at CB. But there's absolutely nothing wrong with what FF has said.

Another quote from Carlos:

“He’s an unbelievable guy and he’s a fantastic player,” said Carvalhal. “If we need him to play on the left, he will play there. If we need him to play at right full-back, he will play there.”

On 22/09/2017 at 20:13, frastheowl said:

Yep, agree with that.

The staggering thing about the whole scenario, was Carlos opting to play Forestieri centrally, despite his own feeling that his role is very much out wide. As a result, it meant our best two strikers were left out of the side early on in the season, and our results suffered for it. 

Carlos managed the whole situation poorly in my opinion. If he believes FF's best role is out wide, play him there. Don't play him in a position where you believe you have better options in our squad. Forestieri's later training ground incident and injury, conveniently, forced Carlos' hand, and as a result, we've finally settled on a consistent strike pairing and more stable starting XI.  

So when you say the two best strikers were left out for the early part of the season, you actually mean one game, Preston away, when all the team, everyone,  was 

rubbish.

As far as I am concerned it is not a question of whether FF wants to play left its a question of whether he is our best option on the left and he quite clearly isn't.

So to me the whole thing is a non argument and I think Carlos sees it that way too which is the real reason FF has rarely played wide left.

4 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

So when you say the two best strikers were left out for the early part of the season, you actually mean one game, Preston away, when all the team, everyone,  was 

rubbish.

As far as I am concerned it is not a question of whether FF wants to play left its a question of whether he is our best option on the left and he quite clearly isn't.

So to me the whole thing is a non argument and I think Carlos sees it that way too which is the real reason FF has rarely played wide left.

Fletcher and Hooper didn't start a league game together until Fulham away...

Since then, 3 wins, and one (last minute) draw.

23 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Fletcher and Hooper didn't start a league game together until Fulham away...

Since then, 3 wins, and one (last minute) draw.

But your whole point was about him picking FF as a striker rather than on the left and FF was picked as a striker for just one game.

Or are we blaming FF when he doesn't even play now

Also you have no idea on how fit Fletcher was after the Chesterfield game given his ongoing knee problem 

11 hours ago, oldishowl said:

But your whole point was about him picking FF as a striker rather than on the left and FF was picked as a striker for just one game.

Or are we blaming FF when he doesn't even play now

Also you have no idea on how fit Fletcher was after the Chesterfield game given his ongoing knee problem 

Where have I put any blame on Forestieri? 

Quite the opposite.

I'm just stating facts.