Fernando Forristieri injury

12 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

It is often said on here that he refused to play. It was worded at the time more that he felt he wasn't in the right frame of mind to play. This being because of the pressures of agent and family versus club, presumably.

Though people interpreted the situation based on very little actual information.

This is exactly the way he himself worded it to someone in a social environment

3 hours ago, SiJ said:

Kinda missed the point there, didn't you.

More to do with the ridiculous levels of animosity that you and a few others hold towards the Nando.

Didn't miss the point at all. You're implying that the level of animosity I hold against FF is how you'd expect me to treat Hitler. It's nonsense.

I don't hate FF. I just think his attitude stinks and we don't need him.

were looking more positive this season again now. After a slow start we seem to be getting the ball forward more in and around the box than we did last season.

this is exactly where FF does his best work.

anyone in the championship would have FF on their books given the chance. 

A lengthy layoff coming back into hope fully an inform and confident team FF will shine like he did in his first season.

and like the OP says coming into the business end of the season that is a real asset that have 

35 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

It is often said on here that he refused to play. It was worded at the time more that he felt he wasn't in the right frame of mind to play. This being because of the pressures of agent and family versus club, presumably.

Though people interpreted the situation based on very little actual information.

Funny how his frame of mind altered so quickly.......

Wonder why that would have happened?

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

What's Rhodes at the moment Then?

There will be games where he is needed in and will start. But above someone was saying he will split up the Hooper and Fletcher partnership and I just don't see it. Last season definitely. But something seems different with Carlos this season. seems to be more about the team getting results and playing in a style to suit that rather than all my big players must play let's shoehorn.

Carlos will find his shoehorn as soon as Hutch and FF are available.

And we will suffer the usual consequences. 

1 hour ago, Copthorneowl said:

Snooty you know full well that clubs want to tie their best players down to long term contracts.  If Carlos decides Nando can only get in the team when Hooperand Fletcher are not fit I think we both know it means he's no longer in the pecking order and he will definitely be moved on or ask to go. His value is too high to be a sub for us whatever division we are in.

The comment about going on strike is unworthy of a good poster like you if you mean that I'm very surprised and disappointed and have misjudged your normal thoughtful opinion.

Would YOU pick him ahead of Hooper or Fletcher?

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Carlos will find his shoehorn as soon as Hutch and FF are available.

And we will suffer the usual consequences. 

I ain't so sure he will. Hutch for Jones isn't really a great deal of difference as long as Bannan is on the left and Lee is next to him.

And as already said I think Forestieri and Rhodes for that matter know it's Hooper and Fletcher first choice this season. As home and away they have remained.

1 hour ago, Copthorneowl said:

Snooty you know full well that clubs want to tie their best players down to long term contracts.  If Carlos decides Nando can only get in the team when Hooperand Fletcher are not fit I think we both know it means he's no longer in the pecking order and he will definitely be moved on or ask to go. His value is too high to be a sub for us whatever division we are in.

The comment about going on strike is unworthy of a good poster like you if you mean that I'm very surprised and disappointed and have misjudged your normal thoughtful opinion.

If you take away his OMDT and his tactical analysis........the rest of his posts are on our level..... idiots bellowing down a sewer pipe.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

The TEAM is better with him......as long as he is in his best position....WIDE LEFT.

And therin lies the issue. Will Carlos use him in that role when he's back to fitness.

Will he be a super sub?

Or as many have suggested will he be off?

15 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

If you take away his OMDT and his tactical analysis........the rest of his posts are on our level..... idiots bellowing down a sewer pipe.

Dont listen to him Snoots.

One man's bellowing idiot is an other man's insightful genius.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Cant disagree with you your Lordship. But is it Fernando's fault that Carlos plays him in the wrong position and cannot deal with him.

Fernando does NOT deserve the abuse he gets on here.

Does he get much abuse? Really?

I would say 1 in 10 don't like him, 1 in 10 love him and would play him every game in whatever position he wants (the "build a team round him" brigade) and 8 in 10 think he is great if played out left but show their deep frustration that Carlos sticks him up top.

20 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Cant disagree with you your Lordship. But is it Fernando's fault that Carlos plays him in the wrong position and cannot deal with him.

Agree it is not his fault. But it isn't really Carlos's either. 

We are playing well without arguably our most talented footballer. How many other teams can say they do that. 

And how do we know the levels of performance that Forestieri is putting in now is not the level he is. He did have a brilliant first season, but some would have us believe it was Messi like and he scored 40 odd goals or something.

Some also act like if we put him on the left hand side and find a manger that can manage him properly that he would be not only the envy of this division but the one above aswell.

Don't get me wrong he is a good player and I am a fan of his but I think people are starting to realise either he ain't as good as we all thought he was or that we can cope without him as if I would have posted something like this on here 18 months ago I would have been heading for about -50 on the neg count.

lol

Edited by pazowl55

1 hour ago, Bark1062 said:

Has he he ever played behind the "strikers" can't recall it.

i believe a free role there would suit him down to the ground. 

Not here but he's done it at Watford, we'd have to play a different formation to accommodate that but while ever we play a 4-4-2 wide left is his best position in this system. When he plays up front he's totally wasted as he can't get involved in the game enough and for me he's not really got a strikers instincts.

Guest RocketOwl
3 hours ago, No 2 is r nilsson said:

Totally agree. He did the same last year as well and scored that vital goal v Cardiff.  The fact that he's injured may also go some way to explaining his reaction at the training ground. 

Be careful with that logic lol 

1 hour ago, A12owl said:

Who knows?

He does take some hammer. But then again Reach and Nuhiu have taken some hammer and neither of them has had any of the sideshow issues.

I don't like to see anyone getting abuse. 

The funny thing is about Fernando. It seems to be very much extremes of the arguments. 

Some go OTT in their gunning of the player...and yet some who defend him feel the need to go to town with their polemic against the manager.

Modern culture - the blame game!