Fernando Forristieri injury

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

I said somewhere earlier the first of the big player shoehorn tests come when Hutchinson and Loovens are both fit again. 

Last season both straight back in.

Agree with you there. 

There'd be an argument for Loovens in for the young lad. Experience. etc etc. (though IMO the young lad deserves a run)

The midfield is the interesting one because often it's not been a case of one in one out. Just shuffling.

Guest Copthorneowl
3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

What's Rhodes at the moment Then?

There will be games where he is needed in and will start. But above someone was saying he will split up the Hooper and Fletcher partnership and I just don't see it. Last season definitely. But something seems different with Carlos this season. seems to be more about the team getting results and playing in a style to suit that rather than all my big players must play let's shoehorn.

As I said you may be right but FF will never be an impact sub for this club - he will always be in demand by other clubs and, as for Rhodes there is no direct comparison at all - he's an out and out old style striker with much less all round ability who fits a team ethic that attacks with width at pace and delivers lots of crosses.  I could go on and on but there is no comparison with the two I hope you agree, it would be great if Nando had Rhodes generous personality and temperament but he doesn't sadly.

2 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

As I said you may be right but FF will never be an impact sub for this club - he will always be in demand by other clubs and, as for Rhodes there is no direct comparison at all - he's an out and out old style striker with much less all round ability who fits a team ethic that attacks with width at pace and delivers lots of crosses.  I could go on and on but there is no comparison with the two I hope you agree, it would be great if Nando had Rhodes generous personality and temperament but he doesn't sadly.

Would you not say Rhodes was a 12 million rated sub at the moment then. 

That's the comparison I was making.

lol

Edited by pazowl55

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Agree with you there. 

There'd be an argument for Loovens in for the young lad. Experience. etc etc. (though IMO the young lad deserves a run)

The midfield is the interesting one because often it's not been a case of one in one out. Just shuffling.

Would expect Loovens maybe for away games where we would defend more.

But real statement to take out the new ball playing centre back for a winnable home fixture.

1 hour ago, james o connor said:

Couldn't care less about him , attitude is poor and turns up when he feels like it ... we are clearly better off without ... the results are proving this 

We are clearly better off without him playing with a centre back stuck up his backside but he frightens defenders when he is running towards them.

Guest Copthorneowl
10 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He's signed on till 2020.

If the manager decides (when he's fit again) I don't see  he has a choice.

Unless he goes on strike of course.

Snooty you know full well that clubs want to tie their best players down to long term contracts.  If Carlos decides Nando can only get in the team when Hooperand Fletcher are not fit I think we both know it means he's no longer in the pecking order and he will definitely be moved on or ask to go. His value is too high to be a sub for us whatever division we are in.

The comment about going on strike is unworthy of a good poster like you if you mean that I'm very surprised and disappointed and have misjudged your normal thoughtful opinion.

49 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Where do you get these things? 

Reading OT?

Or do you know Fernando personally?

Hasn't he been our leading goalscorer recently.

Didn't he play for 120 minutes against Hudders in the playoffs when carrying an injury?

Didn't he take a penalty?

He isn't superman but has the potential every time he is on the pitch to win a match in a few seconds.

Forget the Norwichgate....its in the past.

He's a passionate competitive part of the squad. Carlos needs to make sure he gets the best out of Fernando and convince him where he best benefits the team .

I would have in my squad every day of the week.

The refusing to play , constantly falling out with people . The being sublime one min and truly awful the next . Good player on his day but for me the team is better without him 

25 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

What's Rhodes at the moment Then?

There will be games where he is needed in and will start. But above someone was saying he will split up the Hooper and Fletcher partnership and I just don't see it. Last season definitely. But something seems different with Carlos this season. seems to be more about the team getting results and playing in a style to suit that rather than all my big players must play let's shoehorn.

It will be interesting to see what happens when Hutch and Loovens are fit again. We have been benefitting from Pudil and Van Aken bringing the ball out on accasions and moving the ball quicker whereas Loovens just stands on it waiting to be closed down before passing sideways or back.

Jones is playing higher up the pitch than Hutch and moves the ball quicker. These two things mean Bannan is not dropping so deep.

Loovens and Hutch both need to have been watching this if we are to continue to progress. I'm not convinced that they wont be fast tracked back into the team asap. We will see then if it is a "shoehorning" or if they will adopt the quicker play of their stand ins.

4 hours ago, NorthernOwl said:

I agree this will work in our favour.

We all know that Fernando looks after number 1 and with his recent injury woes and mixed form he's going to need to prove to potential suitors that he's worth them splashing big bucks on him. So when he comes back he's going to need to perform if he's to get the dream move he clearly wants.

Who doesn't? 

1 minute ago, the mighty wednesday said:

It will be interesting to see what happens when Hutch and Loovens are fit again. We have been benefitting from Pudil and Van Aken bringing the ball out on accasions and moving the ball quicker whereas Loovens just stands on it waiting to be closed down before passing sideways or back.

Jones is playing higher up the pitch than Hutch and moves the ball quicker. These two things mean Bannan is not dropping so deep.

Loovens and Hutch both need to have been watching this if we are to continue to progress. I'm not convinced that they wont be fast tracked back into the team asap. We will see then if it is a "shoehorning" or if they will adopt the quicker play of their stand ins.

Away games we will see them more.

Van Aken for the home games definitely.

Don't see Hutchinson partnering Bannan either both drop to deep.

Think Carlos is trying to write alot of the obvious wrongs which stop us playing.

1 minute ago, Copthorneowl said:

Snooty you know full well that clubs want to tie their best players down to long term contracts.  If Carlos decides Nando can only get in the team when Hooperand Fletcher are not fit I think we both know it means he's no longer in the pecking order and he will definitely be moved on or ask to go. His value is too high to be a sub for us whatever division we are in.

The comment about going on strike is unworthy of a good poster like you if you mean that I'm very surprised and disappointed and have misjudged your normal thoughtful opinion.

Well he's still in the pecking order.

He's just further down it than he probably thinks he should be.

I'm sure Rhodes thinks the same. But he's having to come off the bench.

He may well move on. We don't know what's happening behind closed doors.

I do know though that if the Chairman asks Carlos if he wants to keep him  -in whatever capacity- then he's likely to back him.

Whatever our views on Mr Chansiri he's made it quite clear that if he doesn't want to sell then nobody is going anywhere.

Strike?  Who knows. All sorts of things go on.  He'd not be the first or the last.

What happened at Norwich, could that be classed as a strike? I don't know.

What I do know is ...he wasn't dropped... wasn't declared unfit... but he didn't get on the bus.

I personally think Carlos has said to Forestieri that he sees Hooper and Fletcher as his first choice strike partnership this season and he would be used more from the left and that's where all this don't like it on the left stuff has come from.

Edited by pazowl55

Just now, pazowl55 said:

Away games we will see them more.

Van Aken for the home games definitely.

Don't see Hutchinson partnering Bannan either both drop to deep.

Think Carlos is trying to write alot of the obvious wrongs which stop us playing.

I hope you are right but you can understand my scepticism after Hutch coming straight back in to the play offs after injury. Don't get me wrong if Hutch could play that few yards further up the pitch he would have to be first choice but I fear he is a defender by nature. However both he and Loovens are experienced and should be capable of making adjustments. I'm sure that Tom Lees is trying to adjust also. He seems to be bringing the ball forward more and trying to pass rather than punt.

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

What happened at Norwich, could that be classed as a strike? I don't know.

What I do know is ...he wasn't dropped... wasn't declared unfit... but he didn't get on the bus.

It is often said on here that he refused to play. It was worded at the time more that he felt he wasn't in the right frame of mind to play. This being because of the pressures of agent and family versus club, presumably.

Though people interpreted the situation based on very little actual information.

12 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

Who doesn't? 

Yes but plenty of other players in the squad are also interested in the success of the club as well. For Forestieri it’s just a case of what he personally stands to gain. Of course when those two aims align its not an issue. But as we’ve seen previously that’s not always the case.

1 minute ago, OxonOwl said:

It is often said on here that he refused to play. It was worded at the time more that he felt he wasn't in the right frame of mind to play. This being because of the pressures of agent and family versus club, presumably.

Though people interpreted the situation based on very little actual information.

Excellent point well made, Oxon! I can always rely on you.

19 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

Amended.:ph34r:

34 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

He's signed on till 2020.

If the manager decides (when he's fit again) I don't see  he has a choice.

Unless he goes on strike of course.  his agent tells him to throw a few sickies.

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

With FF playing wide left or behind the strikers we are a better team, anyone that can't see that is blinded by their dislike for him. 

Has he he ever played behind the "strikers" can't recall it.

i believe a free role there would suit him down to the ground.