Fernando Forristieri injury

Was just reading another post and it got me thinking maybe it could work out really good for us. 

Hooper and Fletcher are doing the business, so we're not missing the mercurial stroppy Italian at the moment. 

It could have been he was carrying an injury at the start of the season (since he's gonna be out for three months) and that was the Real reason he didn't want to play on the left, all that extra running, tracking back and defending was too much and leaving him not fit for attacking, yet we tried to accommodate be sticking him up front. 

So here's the kicker, maybe it works out well for us as hell go nowhere in January as he won't be fit and we'll have him back playing for those last 15-20 games , fresh and hungry when it gets to the part where the season really start to matter. 

7 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

...and we'll have him back playing for those last 15-20 games , fresh and hungry when it gets to the part where the season really start to matter. 

Without a payrise? Don't be daft.

We're better off without him. 

Hope we've seen the last of him.

• Haha 1

Guest RocketOwl

OP is right could benefit us and nice to see a Wednesday fan trying to see the good in Fernando for once and not the bad.

I agree he Came into this season with an injury and whilst we praise Lee for wanting to play we do the opposite with Fernando.

He was apparently injured the last month or so of last season. Was only supposed to be playing 30 mins a game hence why he was rested a lot and brought off from the bench, I know he played full game vs Huddersfield... But I was on the understanding that he was to have an operation at the end of the season. Bit bizarre to wait till now but hey ho.

8 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Let it go. 

He's a temperamental footballer, not Hitler. 

Yeesh. 

Also a temperamnetal footballer.  Inside left for FC Braunau.

Caused his manager some right old bally and headaches.

Insisted on being the only dark haired lad in the team.

And as for his goal celebrations...

• Haha 2

I agree this will work in our favour.

We all know that Fernando looks after number 1 and with his recent injury woes and mixed form he's going to need to prove to potential suitors that he's worth them splashing big bucks on him. So when he comes back he's going to need to perform if he's to get the dream move he clearly wants.

1 hour ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

With FF playing wide left or behind the strikers we are a better team, anyone that can't see that is blinded by their dislike for him. 

We haven't seen him playing behind the strikers. As you wide left then yes, I think 90% of us agree there.

However, whilst there are a small minority of fans who simply don't like his attitude, I think the majority of us just don't like the way Carlos uses him. He strengthens the team wide left, but weakens the team considerably played the way Carlos prefers, as striker. So that's nothing against Forestieri as a person or player.

2 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

OP is right could benefit us and nice to see a Wednesday fan trying to see the good in Fernando for once and not the bad.

I agree he Came into this season with an injury and whilst we praise Lee for wanting to play we do the opposite with Fernando.

Erm...no. we do the opposite for Fernando because he quite clearly doesn't want to play but for some reason was getting in the side anyway.

1 minute ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Forestieri coming back from injury means Fletcher or Hooper not starting, regardless of form.

If FF is fit then he plays up front. 

FF being injured right now is keeping CC in a job.

Forestieri isn't the must start player he once was for us anymore.

Don't see Carlos upsetting the team balance we now seem to have just to keep big players happy. As Hutchinson and Loovens might find out soon enough.

28 minutes ago, poite said:

Comparison to Hitler?

What a bizarre comment...

Kinda missed the point there, didn't you.

More to do with the ridiculous levels of animosity that you and a few others hold towards the Nando.

Just now, WadsleyOwl said:

1 I don't believe he's injured

2 I doubt we'll see in in a Wednesday shirt again

3 I'm not reyt bothered

You really think he and the club have concocted up a story about knee surgery?

If that's part of his masterplan to engineer an exit then he might what to have a rethink.

1 minute ago, pazowl55 said:

Forestieri isn't the must start player he once was for us anymore.

Don't see Carlos upsetting the team balance we now seem to have just to keep big players happy. As Hutchinson and Loovens might find out soon enough.

He did for the majority of last season and started this season the same.

CC will play FF up top, meaning 2 of Fletcher, Hooper or Rhodes misses out.