Score Predictions Owls v Blunts

Unlike pretty well everyone else, I find it hard to get worked up.  I live just outside Sheffield but don't work there.  Born in Sheffield but grew up in the south.  I know a small number of their fans, but not in regular contact, and none of them are particularly obsessive.  The one really good friend I had from their side moved to France some years ago and doesn't get back much.  I'm sure I'll be into it on the day, but it's not something I really feel in the way most fans do

On outcome, tentatively predict a win for us at this stage, maybe 2-1.  Expected goals analysis suggests they are overachieving at present. Not always right, but I do think it's a useful set of insights. More worryingly, EG suggests that both Cardiff and Leeds are the real deal; tomorrow is a really tough one and a point would be a good result for us.  

2 hours ago, thewookieisdown said:

Unlike pretty well everyone else, I find it hard to get worked up.  I live just outside Sheffield but don't work there.  Born in Sheffield but grew up in the south.  I know a small number of their fans, but not in regular contact, and none of them are particularly obsessive.  The one really good friend I had from their side moved to France some years ago and doesn't get back much.  I'm sure I'll be into it on the day, but it's not something I really feel in the way most fans do

On outcome, tentatively predict a win for us at this stage, maybe 2-1.  Expected goals analysis suggests they are overachieving at present. Not always right, but I do think it's a useful set of insights. More worryingly, EG suggests that both Cardiff and Leeds are the real deal; tomorrow is a really tough one and a point would be a good result for us.  

I've never lived in Sheffield and don't know any Blades but I hate the tramps 

9 hours ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

I hate it when folks on here get too confident...

It never bodes well in reality..

17-0 and their team bus breaks down on the way home in a rain storm of biblical proportions so they take shelter in sushi restaurant where the entire team get food poisoning.

sorry captain owl.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Costello 77 said:

I'm still not right about the heating sardines business.

9 hours ago, A12owl said:

I thought we had got that sorted in a previous thread. Are you not paying attention.

Here's the picture again. 

th.jpg

I forgot to add.

If cold it has to be the white pepper in such a scenario.

4 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Let's just hope the players rise to the occasion and no silly sendings off. It could be the right kind of game for David Jones to bring calm to the proceedings 

Sam Hutchinson is one week away from training....

My biggest fear is that CC thinks it's the perfect game to bring him back!!!

The Blades are on the crest of a wave, we're on a downer after a craven defeat in the play-offs. They've an ex-player as manager, we haven't. They're an unknown quantity, we're not. They're underestimated, we're not. We're under pressure because of our expenditure, they're not.

But not one of their players would make our starting eleven. It's all about management.

I think we'll boss them, Hoops and Fletch will relish the battle and the Swine will know they've played the strongest team in the league.

Though i don't think we'll keep a clean sheet cos they are confident in front of goal - so my prediction is...........3-1

CC will try and dampen their aggression by playing the possession game at the back and then be more adventurous second half when they start to tire, a dangerous tactic as we know only too well but its worked more often than not so ime hoping for a 2-1 win but will be nailbitingly close.