WEST STAND tickets on sale for Sheffield derby match

2 minutes ago, JoshTheOwl said:

Why can't we give them the lower tier and we have the upper ? 

Feel for anyone being underneath them pigs. 

It will be to help keep fans apart queuing outside the stadium.

They'll have the fencing separating North Stand ticket holders Wednesday fans from West Upper for their lot and then Wednesday fans with Lower West tickets will be admitted in the newer turnstiles on the South Stand side of the ground rather than those on Leppings Lane 

32 minutes ago, Adem Poric said:

They wont have sold the first 10 odd rows in the upper tier so the dirty shitflingers will have to have a pretty good arm on them to land it in the lower.

7 minutes ago, owl-zat said:

So people moan about this stand not being open and then when they do decide / get permission to open it you moan about that too  :duntmatter: 

With regards their fans, with only having less than 2,400 tickets the first 10 or 15 rows in the upper tier will be left empty as has happened in the past few seasons when Wednesday have been in the lower tier

Pedantic I know, but the first 9 rows in the upper tier will be empty/netted off.

20 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

If lower west available to swfc fans, then there should be no reason why North block T and the bottom corner of the South nearest to west stand, need to be still SAGregated with netting. 

17 minutes ago, steveger said:

Yup, it's bizarre when they makes us do that, segregated from our own fans lol

The nets aren't exactly segregation.  We have a restricted amount of tickets in those stands due to SAG stuff, so it just makes sense to block them all off at the end of the stand.

8 minutes ago, Ethel The Tree said:

Can't see why this is such a rigid stipulation when only a handful of clubs in this league would sell out their allocation

League rules have always stated 5% of capacity should be available to away fans. That's why there was such an outcry when Luton banned away fans in the 80's. If I remember rightly they were even kicked out of the FA Cup for not allowing away fans.

10 minutes ago, Sam779 said:

The nets aren't exactly segregation.  We have a restricted amount of tickets in those stands due to SAG stuff, so it just makes sense to block them all off at the end of the stand.

Why doess it make sense? If they didnt net them they could sell the same amount of tickets but everyone would have more space to dance around when we score. Which would decrease the number of crowd injurys and improve safety. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cowle70 said:

League rules have always stated 5% of capacity should be available to away fans. That's why there was such an outcry when Luton banned away fans in the 80's. If I remember rightly they were even kicked out of the FA Cup for not allowing away fans.

Quick calculation - 2,100 is 5% of 42,000

Given our 'current' capacity, the West Stand lower tier could accommodate the more accurate figure

1 hour ago, owls-swfc said:

We have to give a minimum 2100, but the lower only holds 1700, therefore they have to go topside.. 

What about the corner. As that been condemned? That must hold nigh on 750 to 1000.

1 hour ago, Adem Poric said:

They wont have sold the first 10 odd rows in the upper tier so the dirty shitflingers will have to have a pretty good arm on them to land it in the lower.

32 minutes ago, Sam779 said:

Pedantic I know, but the first 9 rows in the upper tier will be empty/netted off.

DIE

50 minutes ago, Sam779 said:

that's what I was told as well, makes sence really if we can't use all the capacity.

1 hour ago, TrickyTrev said:

The last time we beat the pigs in the Premier League we had the lower tier on Leppings Lane and there wasn't any bother.

I think this is great news, let's get as many Wednesday fans in the stadium as possible.

I was sat in West lower that day, a few blades sat amongst us but no trouble. 

Fans behaved them sens back in them days. lol

7 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

What is the capacity for this game then, now the WSL has been made partly available to Owls fans?

Looks like AA in the South was on sale, although these have all gone now.

33,800 but I think this includes restricted view tickets on kop I don't think we've sold and the 900 in North Stand at West end of stadium we've not been allowed to sell. 

So probably around 31,800.