WEST STAND tickets on sale for Sheffield derby match

7 minutes ago, OWL1969 said:

No Leeds United isn't in competition with Leeds Rhinos RUGBY LEAGUE CLUB for support of people wanting to watch FOOTBALL.

It's not a difficult concept to understand  (actually to moronic Leeds fans it probably is). If you live in Leeds and like Rugby and want to support your local club it's Rhinos, if you live in Leeds and want to support your local football it's Lufc. If you want to support both you can.

Equally in Sheffield if you want to support your local rugby League club it's Eagles, if you want to support your local football club it is Wednesday  (the original and the best) OR Sheff Utd not both, that is where the clubs compete for support.

Equally in Sheffield if you want to support both a Rugby team and a football team you can it would then be Eagles and either Wednesday or United.

Just underlines my point that Sheffield is a football city and Leeds really isn't when the rugby clubs gates are over half the size of the football clubs, so over 33% in Sheffield it's between 1 and 2%.

So its not a difficult concept to understand that people dont have unlimited amounts of money and cant do both......really?

52 minutes ago, Sham75 said:

To be honest the United fans I know mostly have a very passive interest in the Rhinos, and likewise the Rhinos have a passive interest in United.  I'm sure there are some that do both, but I rarely come across them.  I genuinely dont believe many do both (its too expensive to) not regularly anyway.  

I spoke on this subject to a Wednesday fan a while ago and he hit the nail on the head for me really when he said the city of Sheffield is a bigger football city than that of Leeds, but that Leeds United is bigger than either of the Sheffield clubs. I'm happy to concede that, clearly its difficult to argue otherwise.

Agree with this, first part just proves my point that Leeds isn't a true football city.

Second part is common sense, but both Sheffield clubs are nearer the size of Lufc than they really should be, considering size of cities and amount of clubs in each City.

Edited by OWL1969

24 minutes ago, Sham75 said:

So its not a difficult concept to understand that people dont have unlimited amounts of money and cant do both......really?

So you've come here to point out that things like ticket price are an excuse and to make your excuses. Thanks for that.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sham75 said:

Pick which they prefer, in Sheffield  (a football city) over 98% choose football, in Leeds it's different and that's my point.

Although you are contradicting yourself, you said earlier Rhinos fans weren't interested in Lufc and vice versa.  You can't have it both ways.

Still unlike in Sheffield they're not in direct competetion, 2 completely different sports, suppose concerts etc are in competition in your book.

No one in Sheffield or anywhere in the country (except Leeds) claim their football club lose support due to a rugby team.

2 hours ago, Sham75 said:

I just wondered if you are struggling to sell your derby out, any chance we can have more next week?

At least it's not our own 'supporters' (using the term very loosely) talking ourselves down for a change.

Can't blame other club's fans taking the p**s when our own fifth columnists do such a great job of it.

Well done all you wa*****rs making such a huge deal about having a handful of tickets left.

Good work!!!

14 hours ago, northderbyshireowl said:

Its a good crowd considering the ticket price and its on TV. Its why we have so many season ticket holders, to avoid having to pay £50 for a ticket. We have a massive amount of fans, they just will be watching in bars and at home, cant blame them at the ticket price.

yes its crazy prices and its everyones choice, but for this game there is no way you can feel the atmosphere of this occasion on tv . if I wernt a season ticket holder I would still have paid the £42 in a flash , too many I think have been put off by bad press towards this game regarding trouble , I'm sure it would have sold out otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

yes its crazy prices and its everyones choice, but for this game there is no way you can feel the atmosphere of this occasion on tv . if I wernt a season ticket holder I would still have paid the £42 in a flash , too many I think have been put off by bad press towards this game regarding trouble , I'm sure it would have sold out otherwise. 

Yeh my cousin, she goes to the odd big match, and phoned up to buy a ticket, but with only west stand tickets left, she decided against it.

Edited by northderbyshireowl

Just now, northderbyshireowl said:

Yeh my cousin, she goes to the odd big match, and was going to buy a ticket, but with only west stand tickets left, she decided against it.

quite a few have been put off going on lower west, but they shouldn't worry as bottom 20 rows are netted off on upper west and there will be huge police presence