Whatahoot

Who's nicked the Henderson Relish....

You need the Hendos to make the pies at Hillsbro  edible 

20 hours ago, Whatahoot said:

Ah, but it does. It's used in the Rose Marie Sauce. Just a technicality.

This is more to the real point Shetland. Wednesday should support local business. Henderson's over the years have produced special blue and white striped labels to celebrate our achievements. Surely Wednesday could give them an advertising deal (on the "Bright Boards") for a short period, in exchange for a season's supply of sauce, if we don't want to spend actual cash. Its not as if we appear tohave too many advertisers wanting to use the "Bright Boards"

totally agree on principle.

Not sure the Blue and white label on the relish is a true acknowledged endorsement to Wednesday as the red n white one is to The Blunts the red n white ones has the club badge ...

Where's our Badge?? Did the club want money for the right to show it? 

Is it popular in Huddersfield too ? Just an observation not an opinion

It's lovely on fish dishes ....

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

7 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Not sure the Blue and white label on the relish is a true acknowledged endorsement to Wednesday as the red n white one is to The Blunts the red n white ones has the club badge ...

Where's our Badge?? Did the club want money for the right to show it? 

Is it popular in Huddersfield too ? Just an observation not an opinion

It's lovely on fish dishes ....

The Blue and White/ Red and White striped labels were put out to acknowledge our Wembley Semi achievement with United. Hendersons was sold in both club shops.

My main point is that Henderson's is a Sheffield Company and have made their Relish in the City for over 100 years. Surely we should be having a trading relationship with them, that could result in them promoting their products on our advertising boards. I would see that as more meaningful, than say our relationship with D Taxis for instance (nothing against them btw)

I'll take your word for using Henderson Relish on fish dishes though.

40 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

The Blue and White/ Red and White striped labels were put out to acknowledge our Wembley Semi achievement with United. Hendersons was sold in both club shops.

My main point is that Henderson's is a Sheffield Company and have made their Relish in the City for over 100 years. Surely we should be having a trading relationship with them, that could result in them promoting their products on our advertising boards. I would see that as more meaningful, than say our relationship with D Taxis for instance (nothing against them btw)

I'll take your word for using Henderson Relish on fish dishes though.

OK clever clogs why no badge on ours then ? lolas I said observation not opinion......

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

They can't be that bothered about advertising nor promoting as the soonest you reach the outer limits of Sheffield it becomes a rare to find commodity .(bar the odd shop)

One of the main reasons I get to see Wednesday often is to stock up on it for expats family and converts ...

I reckon they share the same office Henderson and Wednesday in promotion fields 

Money doesn't grow on teas.

• Haha 1

I have 2 half bottles in the kitchen if anyone wants if to take to the match, it's way,way over-rated anyway :ph34r:

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, steveger said:

I have 2 half bottles in the kitchen if anyone wants if to take to the match, it's way,way over-rated anyway :ph34r:

Why have you got two bottles then?

Is it like me and whiskey?

Just keep it in for guests...

:baby:

• Agree 1
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Why have you got two bottles then?

Is it like me and whiskey?

Just keep it in for guests...

:baby:

I like it with cheese and toast with onions, can't stand the Worcestershire Sauce filth

Love a glass or 2 of fine malt too, guests can bring their own :biggrin:

Edited by steveger
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, steveger said:

I like it with cheese and toast with onions, can't stand the Worcestershire Sauce filth

Love a glass or 2 of fine malt too, guests can bring their own :biggrin:

Seriously it's nice with Yorkshire pudding and vanilla ice cream 

Shove that one up your Jacksy Heston !!!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

OK clever clogs why no badge on ours then ? lolas I said observation not opinion......

Cos they would need the further identification, being the smaller club in the city.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Cos they would need the further identification, being the smaller club in the city.

CORRECT ANSWER ....That's definitely an astute observation

3 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

CORRECT ANSWER ....That's definitely an astute observation

Neither observation or opinion....just pure fact.

2 hours ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I tell folk the red & white un is for pork.

Myself being an exiled Owl I also have to stock up on my visits to Sheffield for mates I've introduced to the world of Hendos.

• Agree 2

17 minutes ago, Whatahoot said:

Neither observation or opinion....just pure fact.

CORRECT...

On 9/14/2017 at 16:28, clud17 said:

I think they have realised that Hendo's doesn't really go with prawns.

I am sorry to disagree but I think Prawn-a-la-Hendos tastes greaat

• Agree 1

They had to use it all for the cakeball! And that brought us all joy in the photoshop thread.

Tea should come out of an urn,look like warm milk and cost 50p,like it always did......unless of course you were fortunate enough to get the tea the bottom end of the urn,in which case the tea was like mud and you needed an entire cows udder to try and turn it white like all your mates.

if theres no milk splash some Hendos in,gives tea character

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Tea should come out of an urn,look like warm milk and cost 50p,like it always did......unless of course you were fortunate enough to get the tea the bottom end of the urn,in which case the tea was like mud and you needed an entire cows udder to try and turn it white like all your mates.

if theres no milk splash some Hendos in,gives tea character

Devastating and dispassionate view of the club.

• Agree 1