A year ago today

Was this the Bristol City match? 

I got to the ground early (when the weather was still quite nice). 

Started absolutely tipping it down about 20 minutes before KO and I can just remember loads of people coming in like they'd been swimming...in their clothes. 

Stood there smug. 

13 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Started absolutely tipping it down about 20 minutes before KO and I can just remember loads of people coming in like they'd been swimming...in their clothes. 

Stood there smug. 

Can't remember who we played, but yeah it tipped it down and the lightning was great too. Because it was warm nobody had bought a coat. I remember one bloke taking his shirt off in the south stand toilets and wringing out. Honestly he couldn't have got it wetter in a twin tub washing machine without spinning it. I'd just got under the south stand before it started spitting around 7.20. Lucky me

13 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Can't remember who we played, but yeah it tipped it down and the lightning was great too. Because it was warm nobody had bought a coat. I remember one bloke taking his shirt off in the south stand toilets and wringing out. Honestly he couldn't have got it wetter in a twin tub washing machine without spinning it. I'd just got under the south stand before it started spitting around 7.20. Lucky me

Weirdly I recorded that storm coming in on my phone from by the ale bar in North Stand.  I'm an utter weather nerd.

13 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

Weirdly I recorded that storm coming in on my phone from by the ale bar in North Stand.  I'm an utter weather nerd.

Are you the other Wednesday fan that posts on the net weather forum? 

Did you know that Ben Nevis had its first Snowfall of the autumn season today? lol

1 hour ago, pgmetcalf said:

Twin tubs, them were the days! My mum was a slave to that thing and the water stank.

I only walked about 20 yards in that downpour and it looked like I'd been in the shower fully clothed for 20 minutes. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Stood there smug. 

lol

I was exactly the same

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Stood there smug. 

1 minute ago, Stoop said:

lol

I was exactly the same

Nobeds! :ghoulguy:

30 minutes ago, Claudio Tankisco said:

Not guilty. When I say I'm a bit of a weather nerd it's more extreme weather that fascinates me.  Pure power of Mother Nature at her worst.

Severe Weather Europe on Facebook is a good one for this sort of thing.