Sheffield Football - police costs revealed

4 minutes ago, vulva said:

I think football has got a cheek to whinge at the cost of policing football matches. Hundreds of millions of pounds are spunked away on third rate players and con job agents, and yet a few hundred grand to make sure people are kept safe from the utter urchins that attend football matches is frowned upon. 

Yes but they do nothing because a few people choose to park their cars in a notorious area for break in just to save a couple of quid.

5 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Yes but they do nothing because a few people choose to park their cars in a notorious area for break in just to save a couple of quid.

There wouldn't be any 'notorious' areas if they did their job right.

Edited by Sham67

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

There wouldn't be any 'notorious' areas if they did there job right.

The notorious area would just move somewhere else. Ever heard of the phrase 'the thin blue line'?

Edited by vulva

I brought up  policing at hillsboro with a friend who's sergeant in the SYP ..I told her it was overkill but she wasn't having it saying the intelligence they have on the hooligan element warrants it ....I said there's hardly any trouble these days and she smiled smugly  and said our policy is working then .......don't see much  changing much in the foreseeable .

Guest Grez Bez
13 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I brought up  policing at hillsboro with a friend who's sergeant in the SYP ..I told her

L0L

Explains it all

4 hours ago, Lawrie Madden said:

And how many times are our games well over policed when its totally unnecessary 

Has something to do with the category of the game, if it's a category A game, (where tickets are the most expensive) you get more police. 

Basically, if the club want more money per ticket, they have to have more police in the ground. 

3 hours ago, cross owl said:

Even when they do have something to do they just video it and do nothing.  Hoping to spend thousands on identifying someone so that they can turn up with twenty police cars at four in the morning to arrest someone who they could have dealt with immediately for free . 

Suggest you have a walk up Leppings Lane to Hillsborough shops after the next  Leeds game if you think all the police do is video any trouble makers.

I thought they were just a touch heavy handed last year. A couple of those guys scared the poop out of 1 little group who had a bit too much to shout about.

Edited by Blatter
Looks childish

6 minutes ago, Blatter said:

Suggest you have a walk up Leppings Lane to Hillsborough shops after the next  Leeds game if you think all the police do is video any trouble makers.

I thought they were just a touch heavy handed last year. A couple of those guys scared the poop out of 1 little group who had a bit too much to shout about.

Ok they video stuff and when there is no trouble give it the big un when you have carte Blanche to do whatever you like and outnumber the people you have decided you want to have a go at . They are still a useless shower who burn money for kicks and then whine about cuts . If they can afford overtime money of at least time and a half regularly they can afford extra manpower . 

1 hour ago, torryowl said:

I brought up  policing at hillsboro with a friend who's sergeant in the SYP ..I told her it was overkill but she wasn't having it saying the intelligence they have on the hooligan element warrants it ....I said there's hardly any trouble these days and she smiled smugly  and said our policy is working then .......don't see much  changing much in the foreseeable .

They are on a no lose gamble . Flood it with coppers and demand extra money and when there is no trouble pat themselves on the back for a job well done . They basically print their own cash . Say we have looked into it and it needs this , when it goes off without incident just say , told ya so . If there is any trouble then say , told ya so and give out even more time and a half to the countries coppers . They teach smug condescending smiles on day one of copper school . 

2 hours ago, Finlux_Cup said:

SYP

Was definitely SYP with the camera, the badge on his helmet gave it away,  quite a few people had a go at him over it.

Maybe it's not explained well but to sum up what we know so far.

Policeman stood there, gets walked into by a old fella,looks at him funny and a few people had a go at him over it?

:wacko:

how does the policing model for a game get decided?

surely its a bit dubious if the police decide by themselves.

"chief, brentford are bringing 20 fans 4 are under 10s and 6 are over 65s, how many officers do we need"

"well normally we'd just send a couple of vans to sit outside, but the lads are all desperate for over time n football danger money, plus wednesday pay the half of it. lets send 400"

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

image.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday's home games proved easily the most costly to police, at more than £430,000, though the Owls did provide nearly £200,000 towards that sum.

South Yorkshire Police said it has yet to finalise its budget for policing football matches this season, which will of course include the Sheffield derbies. It has five football liaison officers, who work with the clubs to keep disorder to a minimum. Each match is ranked based on the number of fans expected, the two sides' history and the potential risk posed by fans who may be intent on causing trouble.

The force says it is responsible for policing outside the stadiums and clubs are expected to ensure safety and security within. Clubs can request additional police support within their ground, for which they must pay on a match-by-match basis.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/revealed-the-1-1m-cost-of-policing-football-matches-in-south-yorkshire-1-8751755

roger Tha Police

6 hours ago, Greengrass said:

Police horses get through a lot of food which ain't cheap. 

6 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

And leave a load of s h I t e which the plod don't clean up.

But.... you can shovel it up and put it on your rhubarb, for free!

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

There will always be notorious areas in any city whilst people choose a life of crime, use illicit substances and whilst poverty exists.

Maybe if they weren't spending their Giros on smoking, drinking and Sky and got a job they wouldn't be in so much poverty lol

Edited by Big Ron's Sovereign

10 hours ago, Blue n White Rampage said:

how does the policing model for a game get decided?

surely its a bit dubious if the police decide by themselves.

"chief, brentford are bringing 20 fans 4 are under 10s and 6 are over 65s, how many officers do we need"

"well normally we'd just send a couple of vans to sit outside, but the lads are all desperate for over time n football danger money, plus wednesday pay the half of it. lets send 400"

They don't get paid overtime - they get time in lieu.