Advertising hoardings

Ian

Know this is about the screen font size rather than advertising hoardings - but since font size was mentioned earlier...

got a quick response from the club 

Hi Merv
Thanks for the message.
I am pleased to say we have raised this matter with our big screen partners and the font size will be increased from the next match onwards.
Regards

Trevor Braithwait

Director of Communications

Sheffield Wednesday

Hillsborough

S6 1 SW

Edited by Bluestripe

2 hours ago, Adam Reachs left peg said:

I like them look a lot better when there all the way around the pitch though 

That won't happen. No matter which ground you go to they don't have them on the side where the TV cameras are located.

12 minutes ago, Bluestripe said:

Know this is about the screen font size rather than advertising hoardings - but since font size was mentioned earlier...

got a quick response from the club 

Hi Merv
Thanks for the message.
I am pleased to say we have raised this matter with our big screen partners and the font size will be increased from the next match onwards.
Regards

Trevor Braithwait

Director of Communications

Sheffield Wednesday

Hillsborough

S6 1 SW

Pleased he wrote it in 72 font for all you partially sighted oldies

lol

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Ian said:

Apologies if this has been brought up before but I've not seen anything.

I didn't go on Saturday and on ringing my 80 year old mum for a summing up of the match was told that she couldn't see a lot because of all the adverts flashing and moving in the background......I humoured her a bit and put it down to her age.

however last night I could see what she meant....from my seat in the north stand, there was one particular goalmouth scramble at the lane end with the sky bet advert in the background and I had no idea where the ball was......skybet and Ladbrokes stood out for me as far too bright, might be just a night issue and I'm wondering a) if the brightness can be adjusted and b) does anyone else have problems with them?

Couldn't see anything from the Kopt.  Looking at the Ladbrookes one was awful! Might consider wearing sunglasses at the next night match :manager:

1 hour ago, Ian said:

Yes....and just got this reply.....doesn't really say a great deal

Thank you for the message following last night’s game. 

As I am sure you can appreciate, LEDs are now the norm in football and an essential commercial requirement for clubs.

We will always try to optimise the brightness to the conditions so that they are not so bright to be distracting, whist still giving visibility and value for our sponsors/advertisers

The luminosity is turned up in bright sunny weather so they are more visible against the sunshine and sometimes the balance may be disturbed between day and night matches – this is something we will monitor moving forward. 

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Surprised they didn't tell you it improves the match day experience. That's what it said in the press release. Just not sure whose experience they are referring to, certainly not the fans

For the old non-technics like myself, I can only assume that the pitch-side advertising is automatically controlled (by a lightmeter or some such), and if so requires turning down (not off) As for the Font size, it appears to be an experiment that failed. Fair do's. The response from the DoC  is swift and credit to the team. 

Viewing from the Kop last night, could barely see anything happening in the Lep goal area. Didn't know Hooper scored until the crowd reacted. Will only be worse when it gets to winter, hopefully the brightness is turned down a bit by then... And obviously to increase the font size on the scoreboard. Was fine beforehand, no idea when they decided to change it.

Whilst we're moaning about the advertising boards and big screen (which makes a pleasant change from moaning about the team) did anybody else on North Stand notice how poor the PA system was last night? Literally sounded like the announcer had got a sock over the top of his mic it was so muffled. Its normally bad but last night was the worst i've ever known.

New kit must be in D taxis - coming soon

Thank goodness it's the font that's wrong - thought I was going blind.

With regards to advertising boards they were awful last night looking from south stand, often couldn't pick out players or ball and at times like fireworks going off

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Ad boards are fine half way up the kop, not distracting at all. 

Also remember we'll be getting the yellow ball out soon

Be fun when the Elev 8 ad comes on

I had booked an eyetest after Saturday with the font size change :wacko:

Whilst I am not sure the Hooper goal would have been that easy to see previously - a lot of folk were commenting around us about generally not having a clue where the ball is. You get the odd optical illusion when the ball is down that end anyhow, this is now more like a continual "Spot the ball" competition (folk below 30 won't have a clue what that is) 

I'm a bit of a happy clapper and always want to give the club the benefit of the doubt. I'm glad to see that these are only temporary because it spoilt the game, and especially the first half from where we are on the Kop. There were certainly plenty of disgruntled season ticket holders and I was one of them. My eyesight is not the best I struggled with the font as well, and I found the adverts worse at night than I did on Saturday. On Saturday I found them an unpleasant impediment to my enjoyment, in the dark it really spoiled the game for me. I could only see action in the far goalmouth when the ball had risen above the bottom quarter of the net, sometimes it was worse than others, but always it was bad.

somebody said they don't like the replays, well I certainly appreciated them first half because it was the only way I could keep up with the game. Somebody on the North said they hadn't noticed them, they are best placed, it must have distracted the South as well as the kop. I suspect the lop was worse  distance is further.

I did not see Hooper score, and went up eventually from the roar. As for the font, did anybody notice that on Saturday it went to a readable size for 10 minutes before reverting. I suspect this will be easier to solve than the adverts.

Good job we won!

5 hours ago, bradowl said:

Hopefully the proper one's will be in and ok for Barnsley or more importantly the Millwall game. 

As long as they are not on the same delivery note as the new kits.