Advertising hoardings

Ian

Mentioned thus issue on another thread. Over the winter months with the nights drawing in, they will be a bugger. 

Sitting low down down in the South is the worst. You have the boards on all 3 sides of your view, and it's shocking. Furthermore, Brentfords kit against the red Ladbrokes add was a nightmare. 

Initially, I honestly thought that Westwoods mistake was down to him losing the flight of the ball. I'd be very interested to see if the players have issues with these. 

Advertising boards or not you cannot see if ball crosses line at Lepp from Kop , never have been able to  so before these boards it was a case of " you pays your money and takes your chance."

But from row 11 on Kop I now cannot not see the ball on the floor against the white SkyBet advert or the big yellow band thing whatever that was.  If this was theatre or cinema they would have to sell seats as "restricted view".  

Also having difficulty with the font on the board  (like so many people around me).

1 minute ago, Paul Triplo said:

Holy fek we really are scraping the barrel of bobbar to moan about now.

Yep, not being able to see the game is scraping the barrel.......mind you if you don't go you won't have owt to complain about

I don't mind them but I did notice that when the Skybet (other betting companies are available) ad came on which is mainly white it really light up the stadium and sort of makes you jump a bit and think "what was that" for a second. One thing I did notice last night that I hadn't before was that most of the local business signs had been removed from the Lepp and over the boxes, it makes the stadium look cleaner but I wonder if they've been told it's either electronic or nothing? 

1 hour ago, richowl said:

Nightmare from the kop last night looking towards leppings lane.

gave me a headache too:duntmatter:

Fully agree..........was on the kop........looking towards Leppings Lane had  to squint to have any chance of following the ball......turn them off !!!!!............only the cheering confirmed Hooper had put the ball in the net

Edited by twolaptops

1 hour ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

I'd like to add to this thread the fact the font on the scoreboard has been changed so now you need a NASA spec telescope to read it.

The score and time are fine, the player names no chance!

Agreed, From the North Stand the player names are unreadable from anywhere beyond the half way line towards the Kop end. Absolute waste of time trying to read names from the Kop.

Like the big screen, replays etc but don't spoil it with such a tiny font.

Advertising boards a bit bright for night matches if you're down near pitch level.I would think coaching staff may have a problem with it too.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, owl4life said:

Anyone contacted the club regarding this issue instead of complaining about it on here? 

Yes....and just got this reply.....doesn't really say a great deal

Thank you for the message following last night’s game. 

As I am sure you can appreciate, LEDs are now the norm in football and an essential commercial requirement for clubs.

We will always try to optimise the brightness to the conditions so that they are not so bright to be distracting, whist still giving visibility and value for our sponsors/advertisers

The luminosity is turned up in bright sunny weather so they are more visible against the sunshine and sometimes the balance may be disturbed between day and night matches – this is something we will monitor moving forward. 

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mike312 said:

I have but only the font/ letter sizing of the scoreboard. The hoardings are temporary so I didn't think there was any point.

I also emailed req larger  font size lettering. Aside from squad names and numbers, the club displays other commercial messages e.g. Forthcoming Xmas dinner events which might generate income to its MOST CAPTIVE audience.

It's commercially stupid to shoot yourself in the foot with displays that can't be made out.

Mind you, the commercial awareness of Wednesday recently....

27 minutes ago, Ian said:

Yes....and just got this reply.....doesn't really say a great deal

Thank you for the message following last night’s game. 

As I am sure you can appreciate, LEDs are now the norm in football and an essential commercial requirement for clubs.

We will always try to optimise the brightness to the conditions so that they are not so bright to be distracting, whist still giving visibility and value for our sponsors/advertisers

The luminosity is turned up in bright sunny weather so they are more visible against the sunshine and sometimes the balance may be disturbed between day and night matches – this is something we will monitor moving forward. 

Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance.

Well what a rubbish reply. Sounds as if they are saying tough but we may modify the brightness on sunny days. Yesterday it was weeing it down and night time. Not good enough. Sod the sponsors if I can't bleeding see the ball.

I wondered why there had been a delay with the Kop celebrating Hooper's goal. In the South it was hard to see when the ball was towards the North stand. Was exactly the same for the Sunderland match. The next few matches should be OK but in winter when it gets dark before 5 it will be a problem if it doesn't improve