Adam Reach

From when he first arrived I thought his best position (in a Carlos team) is full-back with an attacking remit. But he started to nesh a few tackles, and his heading is a bit suspect, so I had a few doubts (he also put in a few decent displays up field too).

The last few games he's been much better and, overall, won his battles against pacy wingers.

But he does need protection, like all full-backs, and he often gets exposed due to Bannan being out of position. Bannan's running is phenomenal. A few times yesterday he was out wide right, Brentford switched play to where Reach was one on one, but Bannan was over in a flash. Not always the case though and this makes it almost impossible for Reach. Credit to him, that he's managed these situations well (with the aid of JVA).

Maybe it was tactics holding him back. Maybe a lack of confidence. Most likely a bit of both. Maybe the price tag was a lot for him to live up too. Either way he's proving to be a very good player for us this season. He's put in as many crosses and runs as he did in the whole of last season already.  All he needs to do is keep up this consistency, even if the rest of the team is playing poor I feel full backs can be the most important players on the pitch. Using the width and pace and putting a cross in, even if we were playing dire there's always a chance of scoring if the cross comes in and one of Fletch, Hooper or Rhodes is in the middle. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kanye West said:

Was a real test for him yesterday against a pacy winger with more or less no support from Lee or Bannan until the last 10 or so minutes. 

Always rated Reach, hope he keeps it up. 

Thought Watkins was quality. Massive test for Reach.

He did not boss Watkins, but he did well. I shudder to think what Watkins' pace would have done to Pudil.

Our left hand side was strange last night. Sometimes Bannan, sometimes Lee, often nobody. Im not clever enough to say if that was credit to Brentford for switching play so quickly out right to their superb player, or whether Carlos got us overloaded and unbalanced.

But Reach, overall, is a massive hit this season.

Had to laugh at his Nuhiu shot from our cleared corner!!!!