Player ratings

Not seen a thread.

Westwood 5- Not sure what he was doing for the goal. Kicking below par again. Made one top save in the first half.

Hunt 8- Man of the match, solid and lost count of the amount of times he won the ball of their left winger. Really improved as a player in recent months.

Lees 6- Solid but annoys me how indecisive and slow he is with the ball at his feet. 

Van Aken 7- Impressed with how comfortable he is with the ball at his feet and looks like a good passer. Thought for a spell in the second half defensively he looked a bit suspect.

Reach 7- Solid again, couldn't get forward as much as he did against Sunderland and Forest, guess to do with the fact Brentford were playing with two tricky and pacy wingers.

Wallace 6- Thought he was poor first half, few sloppy passes. Got the winner however.

Jones 7- Steady and did his job, the haters won't like it though.

Bannan 7- Another good game, impressed with him this season, looks like the Bannan we saw when he first arrived.

Lee 6- Good game but don't think it was at the same level he can produce, looked tired and lacking in energy for his standards, not surprising just come back from injury

Fletcher 6- Looked to be carrying a knock as Carlos said, but worked hard again.

Hooper 8- Superb footballer.

Rhodes 7- Great header back across goal for Wallace to score.

Butterfield 6- Looked tidy, wasn't on long enough to form a judgement.

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not seen a thread.

Westwood 5- Not sure what he was doing for the goal. Kicking below par again. Made one top save in the first half.

Hunt 8- Man of the match, solid and lost count of the amount of times he won the ball of their left winger. Really improved as a player in recent months.

Lees 6- Solid but annoys me how indecisive and slow he is with the ball at his feet. 

Van Aken 7- Impressed with how comfortable he is with the ball at his feet and looks like a good passer. Thought for a spell in the second half defensively he looked a bit suspect.

Reach 7- Solid again, couldn't get forward as much as he did against Sunderland and Forest, guess to do with the fact Brentford were playing with two tricky and pacy wingers.

Wallace 6- Thought he was poor first half, few sloppy passes. Got the winner however.

Bannan 7- Another good game, impressed with him this season, looks like the Bannan we saw when he first arrived.

Lee 6- Good game but don't think it was at the same level he can produce, looked tired and lacking in energy for his standards, not surprising just come back from injury

Fletcher 6- Looked to be carrying a knock as Carlos said, but worked hard again.

So, a centre back who was "solid" gets a lower mark than one that was "a bit suspect" for a spell?

10 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Westwood 5.

Hunt 8- He is on fire.

Lees 6 

Van Aken 6

Reach 7 

Wallace 7- Good game and scored the winner. Links up so well with Hunt.

Jones 6- I just don't notice him enough to give him more than 6.

Bannan 7

Lee 6 - Was restricted by his fitness tonight

Fletcher 6- 

Hooper 8 The creative kingpin.

Rhodes 7 Feel sorry for him- Carlos isn't using him right. but he got an assist.

Butterfield 5 Wasn't too impressed but made one good run up the left flank to relieve pressure.

Edited by Bodhidharma

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

So, a centre back who was "solid" gets a lower mark than one that was "a bit suspect" for a spell?

Yes.

We've been crying out for a centre half who can bring the ball forward and allow the likes of Bannan and Lee to play further up the pitch. Van Aken does that, Lees doesn't. 

Made one poor challenge in a dangerous area Van Aken did and there was a spell in the second half their forward got away from him. Apart from that impressed.

I like Lees but frustrates me hugely at times.

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not seen a thread.

I agree with Hunt being MOM

Westwood 5 surely he should have stopped the goal - poor distribution, seemed reluctant to give it to Van Aken preferred to belt it to nobody

Hunt 7 - another good game

Lees 7 - felt he was carrying Van Aken at times

Van Aken 6 - passes well, still not sure of his defending

Reach 7 - another good game 

Wallace 7- as already mentioned, links up so well with Hunt.

Jones 6- generally sound - just one or two daft passes that got the haters moaning

Bannan 8 MoM for me. Duracell bunny. Great touch. Drives us forward.

Lee 6 - Quiet but some important contributions. More to come.

Fletcher 6- Didn't win much in the air - pretty much nullified

Hooper 6 worked harder tonight but didn't see enough of the ball for me. Great goal, wish it had gone in directly

Rhodes 6 Glad he got his assist. Not much else he could do in that formation

Butterfield 6 Still not seen what he brings. Give him time.

Pudil - not on long enough to judge

Frustrated by Carlos's method of shutting the doors and windows. Surely Joao (instead of Butterfield) would have helped us keep our shape better and keep the ball in their half a bit more

Westwood - 5 doesn't have many bad games

Hunt - 8 very good again

Lees - 7 solid second dodgy first 

van A - 7 as above

Reach - 6 got rinced by a good player

Wallace - 6 wasn't as good as sat

Jones - 4 very poor looked lost scared hid and distributed pathetic passes.

Lee - 7 brilliant again

Bannan - 7 good once moved out of cm

Fletcher - 6 not his best game

Hooper - 8 class again 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Westwood - 5 doesn't have many bad games

Hunt - 8 very good again

Lees - 7 solid second dodgy first 

van A - 7 as above

Reach - 6 got rinced by a good player

Wallace - 6 wasn't as good as sat

Jones - 4 very poor looked lost scared hid and distributed pathetic passes.

Lee - 7 brilliant again

Bannan - 7 good once moved out of cm

Fletcher - 6 not his best game

Hooper - 8 class again 

Simply unbelievable assessment of Jones.  

• Haha 1

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not seen a thread.

Lees a 6 lol 

Our rock game in game out and some absolutely crucial blocks in the last two games.

I guess it's easier to compliment a long diagonal ball by Van Aken

From my young son and I.

Westwood - 6 - big rick for the goal, and lousy licking. But still a God.

Hunt - 8 - excellent tonight. Tenacious in defence and pacy and ever-willing upfield.

Lees - 7 - lots of good defensive work

Joost - 6 - generally sound, but terrible lunge on the edge of the box early on. Good distribution.

Reach - 7 - tough oppos all night. Must still be spinning. Did well to come back after a fairly torrid first half. Really threatening coming forward.

Wallace - 8.5 MOM - dangerous and pacy first half. Deserved winner and some good work second half. 

Jones - 7.5 - solid all night, and some excellent spreading of play when we had our good 25

Bannan - 8 - worked so hard. Some wonderful interplay in and around their box. Nearly scored a very deserved goal. Excellent.

Lee - 7 - soon back to his best, but not tonight. Quiet but worked hard. Looked totally lost and barely touched the ball out left.

Hooper - 8 - terrific yet again. Does he ever have a bad game? Always The out ball, and brings others into the fame beautifully. Superb goal. Three in three....bodes well.

Fletcer -8 - wonderful heart tonight, from a player carrying an injury and wasn't expected to play. Won plenty of headers and his groundwork was so skilful and clever.

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

From my young son and I.

Westwood - 6 - big rick for the goal, and lousy licking. But still a God.

Hunt - 8 - excellent tonight. Tenacious in defence and pacy and ever-willing upfield.

Lees - 7 - lots of good defensive work

Joost - 6 - generally sound, but terrible lunge on the edge of the box early on. Good distribution.

Reach - 7 - tough oppos all night. Must still be spinning. Did well to come back after a fairly torrid first half. Really threatening coming forward.

Wallace - 8.5 MOM - dangerous and pacy first half. Deserved winner and some good work second half. 

Jones - 7.5 - solid all night, and some excellent spreading of play when we had our good 25

Bannan - 8 - worked so hard. Some wonderful interplay in and around their box. Nearly scored a very deserved goal. Excellent.

Lee - 7 - soon back to his best, but not tonight. Quiet but worked hard. Looked totally lost and barely touched the ball out left.

Hooper - 8 - terrific yet again. Does he ever have a bad game? Always The out ball, and brings others into the fame beautifully. Superb goal. Three in three....bodes well.

Fletcer -8 - wonderful heart tonight, from a player carrying an injury and wasn't expected to play. Won plenty of headers and his groundwork was so skilful and clever.

Fair enough but I think a bit unkind to Van the Man. Still young, new to the team and Championship, and will learn from Lees I'm sure. His distribution is good, nice to see a CH so comfortable on the ball. 

Would probably rest Fletcher on Saturday if he is still carrying an injury, don't want to make the injury any worse. Give Rhodes and Hooper a try if so. Hooper and Fletcher have been a great partnership but last night didn't seem to be Fletchers best game and I would guess the injury had something to do with that. 

Odd to see Fletch rated a 6 by so many. I thought he won most of the long balls being punted up to him. Worked extremely hard in a game where we had very little platform to play the nice stuff. 

It wasn't our best game, and we were forced to play with scraps for large periods. We'll play better than that and lose I'm sure.