Great win :)

Dug deep to win that after an unfortunate keeper error. Thought we played well most of the game and Carlos got his team selection and tactics spot on again. Kieran Lee and Gary Hooper have shown once again what important players they are for us this week. Reach was excellent at full back again and new signing Van Aken looks to have fit in really well already. 

Back up in the playoff positions and no reason why we can't go on to secure a top two spot on current form. Only positive signs at the moment, looking at the other teams no one seems particularly strong this year, let's do this lads! 

Edited by robswfc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bodhidharma said:

Brentford are very good, make no mistake.

We didn't look bad, but for long periods we just couldn't get the ball off them.

We rode our luck big style, but we won and wins breed confidence.

Onwards and upwards.

How did we ride our luck? They got a lucky goal. We were the better team

Just now, robswfc said:

How did we ride our luck? They got a lucky goal. We were the better team

Not quite how i saw it but you are entitled to your opinion.

Hoopers goal was lucky and if their shooting was just a bit better they could have put 4 past us, no problem. And they outplayed us for long periods.

Decent side no doubt but with the bonkers substitutions we just invited them to attack us. Destroyed the whole shape of the team when Hooper came off, then Pudil for Bannan.....words fail me. 

Keeping our our shape whilst they chased the game and we would probably have got another. 

I didn't think we rode our luck.

The issue is Brentford play a system that gives them plenty in midfield but only one striker and this means they have plenty of possession but are toothless up front.

They are very good on the ball but their keeper made more saves than ours over 90 mins

21 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Not quite how i saw it but you are entitled to your opinion.

Hoopers goal was lucky and if their shooting was just a bit better they could have put 4 past us, no problem. And they outplayed us for long periods.

Was his goal lucky?

He made a fabulous run, showed Adam exactly where he wanted the pass, Adam played in perfectly, Hooper took it in his stride as only he can, skipped past one, held off two, nipped it past the goalie, then slightly stuffed his finish, but followed it in and put it home.

The relieved smile showed he knew he had rode his luck at the death, but what vision and skill to make the chance.

3 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Was his goal lucky?

He made a fabulous run, showed Adam exactly where he wanted the pass, Adam played in perfectly, Hooper took it in his stride as only he can, skipped past one, held off two, nipped it past the goalie, then slightly stuffed his finish, but followed it in and put it home.

The relieved smile showed he knew he had rode his luck at the death, but what vision and skill to make the chance.

Exactly. His touch to beat the defender was delightful, as was the dink. Left two of their players buried in the back of the net, next to the ball... ;)

23 minutes ago, Ronnie Starling said:

Even at 1-0 down and not really getting s foothold in the game I wasn't too concerned as I thought we had enough in our ranks to still win the game. Brentford though should feel disappointed not to get anything from the game. A great win for us though.

Agree with all of that.

Tremendous football from Brentford. Lovely fast sweeping play. So dangerous down the flanks, especially their right. Wonderful to watch. Their fans must be dazed and frustrated on the way home.

2 hours ago, robswfc said:

Dug deep to win that after an unfortunate keeper error. Thought we played well most of the game and Carlos got his team selection and tactics spot on again. Kieran Lee and Gary Hooper have shown once again what important players they are for us this week. Reach was excellent at full back again and new signing Van Aken looks to have fit in really well already. 

Back up in the playoff positions and no reason why we can't go on to secure a top two spot on current form. Only positive signs at the moment, looking at the other teams no one seems particularly strong this year, let's do this lads! 

Carlos got his tactics wrong ! First Bannan in Cm and Lee left ? Took half hour to correct that. Then keeping Fletcher on when he was clearly struggling. 

Stupod substitutions that were negative and invited pressure nearly cost us at the end.

Matias Joao and Butterfield should have been on for Fletcher Wallace and Jones how Jones got to half time I'll never know was awful.

That said they were very good

Guest RocketOwl
2 hours ago, robswfc said:

Disagree with Carlos getting his tactics spot on as he didn't and had to change them.

Agree we can come top two - this league this season is there for the taking.

I thought we were fortunate to get the win, but I will gladly accept it !!! That said, Brentford's played some fantastic football, and it was a real treat to see football played on the ground, with purpose and no little skill. Wood for them in the midfield was the best player on the pitch by a country mile.

Fair play to our lads for grinding a result out in the end.

2 hours ago, RocketOwl said:

Disagree with Carlos getting his tactics spot on as he didn't and had to change them.

Agree we can come top two - this league this season is there for the taking.

I can win the National Lottery, and so can you. But it doesn't mean we're going to. 

Hitler.png