Sheffield Wednesday V Brentford OMDT

2 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

You call it tinker I call it resting players who are not fully fit or just returned from injury.

When will we ever learn? How about we do like we did on Saturday? Play our best players from the start, get in front, then take them off. Or start out poorly and end up chasing the game, scraping a 1-1?

2 minutes ago, wenzdyboy said:

When will we ever learn? How about we do like we did on Saturday? Play our best players from the start, get in front, then take them off. Or start out poorly and end up chasing the game, scraping a 1-1?

Lee played 70mins after injury, he may not have it in him to start so soon after, why risk him with a much tougher away game coming up. The coaches will know whos available better than us chancers.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

Lee played 70mins after injury, he may not have it in him to start so soon after, why risk him with a much tougher away game coming up. The coaches will know whos available better than us chancers.

Both games are worth 3points. None is much tougher than another in this league. We should take every game as the most important and make changes to a winning side only if absolutely necessary IMO.

Just now, wenzdyboy said:

Both games are worth 3points. None is much tougher than another in this league. We should take every game as the most important and make changes to a winning side only if absolutely necessary IMO.

If players are not fit enough to play then it is necessary.

30 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Unsure if it's wise to travel from Oxford to watch tonight as work early in the morning.... unwise but probably going to happen. 

A squillion years ago, in Wilko days, I had an important meeting the same night as a Wednesday match, home to Hull. The chairman, also a keen Owl, made me promise on pain of death, that I would attend the meeting. 

In those days I lived just off Herries Rd, and as I left for the meeting that evening I could see the floodlights on. I stood at the bus-stop, fully intending to keep my promise.....couldn't get on it.

Guiltily I took my place on the (then open and terraced) Kop, only to find myself stood next to an equally guilty chairman.

Won 2-1 though!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Holmowl said:

A squillion years ago, in Wilko days, I had an important meeting the same night as a Wednesday match, home to Hull. The chairman, also a keen Owl, made me promise on pain of death, that I would attend the meeting. 

In those days I lived just off Herries Rd, and as I left for the meeting that evening I could see the floodlights on. I stood at the bus-stop, fully intending to keep my promise.....couldn't get on it.

Guiltily I took my place on the (then open and terraced) Kop, only to find myself stood next to an equally guilty chairman.

Won 2-1 though!

Fantastic anecdote. Reminded me of a time I excused myself from an aunt's wedding reception to go to a football match. She was stunned and it didn't help that we lost. 

Quality omdt as per. Fair wet my breeches at the honeymoon / bed chamber story. Rumour has it, m'lord was expecting the classic 5 poster bed with his wuxom bench, & had one too many XC cognacs, resulting in the very first mention known to man, of limp biscuit.

Anyway, deep joy on Saturday, & more of the same tonight. Lightning does strike twice so 3-1 to our strength in depth types.

UTO.

3 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Your grandfather was a wise man: I was in danger of being confident about tonight until his sage counsel was received.

Was surprised Brentford got a point at Villa on Saturday. Hope we enjoyed this attacking from the off lark so much on Saturday we decide to try it again.

I'd say don't get your hopes up but, you know? Preaching to the choir 'n' all that. 

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Won 2-1 though!

I got fired from a real humdinger of a job when I refused to attend a stocktaking day which was on a matchday. In fairness, the manager who was another Wednesdayite warned me it would happen if I didn't turn up. If you're reading this Sputch just know that I never held it against you. 

PLAY UP THE WEDNESDAY, AND LET'S HOPE FOR A BIG WIN TONIGHT.

UTO

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dutch McLovin said:

My 11 if those carrying knocks don't make it/aren't risked....

Westwood

Palmer Lees van A Reach

Matias Jones Abdi Bannan

Joao Hooper 

But Kieron Lee is super man so I expect him to start instead of Abdi 

Bit harsh on Wallace ,old chap! His Link play with Hunt on Saturday was one of the highlights of the game for me. That lovely way he gave the defender the eyes before playing Hunt in with a perfectly weighted reverse pass for Lees goal.