Adam Reach

38 minutes ago, owlandished said:

Like to see him paired up with Matias v Brentford, with João and Rhodes up top - giving Hoops and Fletcher a well earned rest

Personally think the only times we will see Reach at left back is when Bannan is in front of him or we are chasing a game.

I hear a lot of people around me who are adamant that he's garbage. One even said he wouldn't get a game for Handsworth under 12's. Don't understand the hate. Tidy player who is starting to grow into this side more and more. Only real criticism still would be that he doesn't seem to like getting stuck in that much, but that's improving 

57 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

A rest...lol. one game after international break. Tough life...lol

International break or not, Fletcher still has some pretty heavy strapping to that leg of his. He's failed to complete a full 90 mins for us this season. I don't think a rest is out of line, given CC could experiment with Matias, Rhodes and Joao upfront against Brentford. Worked well in the Bolton game, when we grabbed 2 goals back, and would have equalised had Nuhiu not inexplicably failed to score at the far post. Hooper can come on from the bench

Reach on the other hand has played every league minute to date this season. No need to rest him, though

Personally think he's benefited from having a pre-season with us and not with Middlesbrough when we initially signed him. If he can bring it into league matches, there'll be no complaints. Had a good game at the weekend. Let's hope he can become the player we all think he can be. 

Carlos needs to play him in one position and keep him there, in this case at left back - an attacking one at that.

3 hours ago, bladeshater said:

I posted when I came back from Portugal reach seems to filled out a bit a bit more power added to his pace I'm sure he's going to be one of our stand out players this season 

Sorry meant to plus not negative...I do apologise..

3 hours ago, fpowl said:

Reach is a better left back than left winger amdvis well suited to us playing a dimond because it gives him more space going forward.

Don't think he is, but that our tactis is not overly friendly to genuine wingers as we are playing them far to narrow, and almost as central midfielders.