Adam Reach

I think he's been one of our best players this season and looks a diamond at left back, he has all the attributes to be a top modern day full back and is at the right age to delevop. I know he's had a lot of stick but he's looking more and more like a sound investment every week. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bodhidharma said:

Reach works best in our team when Bannan plays on the left in midfield.

It's all about playing the best set up to et the best out of him.

Agreed, I wasn't a fan of Bannan playing left midfield last season as it seemed to leave us with a lack of width, this season he's been more like 15/16 Bannan and with a more athletic full back in Reach behind him it's working very well. 

Have to admit I haven't been impressed with playing Reach at left back cos he's not one, much better option in midfield. Same with Bannan out on left, I prefer him in centre mid. However, I was very impressed with both on Saturday, thought Reach had a cracking game. Long may it continue... 

• Like 1

I think Reach is a player that will always divide opinion because of his price tag. I look at the things he does on the pitch rather than what he cost (which in today's market is crazy anyway). He's been good so far this season and is just unlucky that his best position is one which we don't adopt. I always remember Daniel Jones being similar. Not quite a defender or a wide midfielder, just somewhere in between.

One thing I always like about Reach is that more often than not his first instinct is always to play forwards rather than back and he's often the one to drive play on in his rather languid style.

20 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I think he's been one of our best players this season and looks a diamond at left back, he has all the attributes to be a top modern day full back and is at the right age to delevop. I know he's had a lot of stick but he's looking more and more like a sound investment every week. 

Ive not been his biggest fan but must admit his performances have improved was quality against forest

12 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

50 games in and people are just starting to realise.

Yup, some of us saw his attributes and defended him from

the off, we said he'd get better and he has. He will continue to improve too and will play in PL one day, with or without us.

Come on leaps and bounds this season.

Much more direct this seaon to add to his obvious quality on the ball.

Thought he was our best player on Saturday.

52 minutes ago, acquiescefc said:

Bit too early for this level of smuggery.

IMO Reach has to toughen up, before he'll make it as a good Championship full back or higher.

He'll get bullied by stronger and quicker wingers. 

He's a left wing back is Adam Reach! If we play 4-4-2 with a diamond in midfield and the emphasis is on the full backs to provide the width, then left back is also fine. He has energy to burn and he is also good running with space in front of him.  He's not tricky enough to be a conventional winger. I hope he plays left back in our new system moving forward. If we have a more difficult game, expect Pudil to come in at left back and Reach to play ahead of him in our pragmatic 4-4-2 system.

Bang on the money OP.

I've been his biggest critic since he signed but this season he has been really good at full back. I still think he can be a bit of a fairy at times and could with a bit of toughening up but his energy is shining through on that left hand side. As someone else said, he works best with Bannan out on the left. When Bannan comes infield to get on the ball it leaves so much space out there he's pretty much got a free run at their full back. 

That where our system us. Its the same the other side with Wallace and Hunt. 

2 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Those who dissed him last season don't really understand football, so it was pretty undeserved stick. 

1 hour ago, acquiescefc said:

Decent player who still cant tackle. I would say that is one of the main attributes of a defender.