Fernando who ??

ANDY

On 9/10/2017 at 09:59, ANDY said:

So... 

depending on on what you read or what you believe, Fernando is either injured and going in January, staying in January. 

We didn't miss him yesterday. Some could argue we were better without him. 

Last season and the season before he was our shining beacon. A player you know could turn a game around. 

We looked more solid yesterday. KL (imo) is a far better player than FF anyway. 

I hope Fernando recovers from his injury and can fit back in come Jan/Feb/Mar to give us that option as we push on for hopefully a top 2 finish. 

Untill then, yesterday proved we're not reliant on him. 

Thought our Scottish contingent ran the game.

16 hours ago, scram said:

He is a brilliant player and can be one of the best in the division

But the needs of the team come above the needs of any individual - and if the team respond to being without him then hey, that's football

What i think is totally wrong is that some people are attributing all and everything thats bad to FF

Training ground incident MUST be his fault, right? Who was internally suspended for 2 games? Was it Fernando Forestieri or was it Sam Winnall? That answers the question straight away. Scram-Brain-Engage

Nobody knows the story behind the bike incident leading to Norwichgate - what he was promised, what his contract terms were etc etc He took to social media to purposefully undermine the club. Who cares what was agreed? If you have a problem, go to the manager and discuss it. If you did that in your line of work I can tell you what would have happened, gross misconduct and you'd have got your P45. Theres a way of making your grievances heard and being a petulant brat on social media isn't. Scram-Brain-Engage

He's a disruptive influence - based on fuckall Again, I refer to my first point. Also, its quite clear that the players have been wary of him for a while. Its not difficult to see. Scram-Brain-Engage

He didn't even remotely come close to refusing to play on the left - but it has now become "fact" (among some) that he did indeed refuse to play left He as good as did. Carlos said in an interview before the season started that he saw FF playing on the left season. A couple of weeks ago he did another interview where he stated that FF and knocked on his door and said he had reservations about playing on the left as all tracking back took his energy for influencing the game further up the pitch. A casing point, I not particularly like doing spreadsheets to record my sales as it takes me away from selling. What do you think my gaffer would say to me if I told him that? Carlo is caught between a rock and a hard place. He can't play him. He's said he's too knackered to play on the left. Carlos wants to play him win the left. Scram-Brain-Engage

Even to the point that some are glad he's injured while others doubt whether he is in fact genuinely injured because his reported period of absence ties in ever so nicely with the next transfer window You're twisting my words to suit your argument. Read my words in what ever way you want, I'm not really bothered. I won't lose any sleep. What does annoy me slightly is taken into a context where you think I hope gets a career threatening injury. Not on your Nelly mate. Scram-Brain-Engage

What?!?!?!

What is the upside for Wednesday to keep him here during a period when we can offload him - to then make him unselectable until the next period when we can offload him

All the while having to pay his not inconsiderable wages With him carrying an injury from last season, it may well be that any potential suitors wouldn't take him whilst he's not 100%. They have said to us 'look, stick him through his MOT and we'll buy him in Jan' - Is that so ludicrously out of the question? It seems perfectly logical to me... Scram-Brain-Engage

People

Brain

Engage

A few comments... 

He's s5ill comfortably our best player, but the points raised about us looking better without him are extremely valid. He needs to make the most of his time off injured now and rethink his place in the team, because once upon a time it was disastrous for him to be out injured, now nobody is really that bothered.

12 minutes ago, MOwl said:

He's s5ill comfortably our best player, but the points raised about us looking better without him are extremely valid. He needs to make the most of his time off injured now and rethink his place in the team, because once upon a time it was disastrous for him to be out injured, now nobody is really that bothered.

He isn't "comfortably" our best player..This is where its getting a bit lost.

He's our most talented player I admit, he is also probably our most temperemental player, one seems to detract from the other.

Its a squad game.

Westwood is better in the net...no arguement

Lees Loovens Van..err..Morrison are better centre halves

Lee is probably an all round better and more influential player, you can make the same argument for Bannan.

I hope he gets fit and stays, he can be great to watch, but i'm not hanging my hat on it

Currently he doesn't exist, doesn't play for us, and probably will want out when he's fit and the next window opens, however if he does see the light, we have one hell of a bonus player on our hands, but in the meantime I have a gut feeling that we'll manage very well without him.

19 hours ago, EXCALIBUR said:

that bit bothers me because from my friend who works at barnsley said he was a bully to young players,maybe fernando had a pop saying stop bullying the young players and it erupted from there,just saying like

Hey Winnall , leave those kids alone 

7 hours ago, TheNightShift said:

Is it not significant that Winnall is the one to go after the training incident?

We don't know for certain,that there was a "training incident"

Has anyone got proof of the alleged incident ?

It's all rumour, speculation and guess work.

Some on here should remember the old adage ---  Don't talk about , what you don't know about.

6 hours ago, ramone said:

A few comments... 

You said

I'd rather have 12 million in our back pockets and got rid but over the moon he's picked up the injury.

To which i replied

Thats pretty disgraceful really

Each to their own though

And now you are saying..

You're twisting my words to suit your argument. Read my words in what ever way you want, I'm not really bothered. I won't lose any sleep. What does annoy me slightly is taken into a context where you think I hope gets a career threatening injury. Not on your Nelly mate. Scram-Brain-Engage

Where have i accused you of hoping he gets a career threatening injury?? Where have i twisted your words?

I've quoted you and replied - that's it

You said you are over the moon he's picked up the injury - i think that's a disgraceful thing to say about one of our players - and i stand by that

I really don't know what mitigating context "over the moon he's picked up the injury" it can be taken as tbh

Not even read the thread but being quoted and having your username-brain-engage at the end of each quote would boil my p1ss, so hats off for not biting @scram

As for FF who knows the circus that is football these days means that speculation will happen all day long. The fact that we've signed Van Aken and now looking at another centre half must mean that Venacio is being sent back according to some........10 days or so after signing on a season long loan and the other kid is deveopment squad player but something MUST have happened.

13 hours ago, MOwl said:

I think an awful lot would disagree with that. In terms of players in an attacking sense I would say Lee and Hooper are far more pivotal to us. 

I don't get threads of this type; we'd be absolutely stupid not to see how valuable Fernando has been to our game over the past 2 seasons and how instrumental he has been - even with the stuff going on outside the pitch. It serves no one to have us supporters continously keep bringing up that someone did something in the past and for some reason a few feel scorned over his actions and suddenly take his lapse in form as an opportunity to exclude him. Fessi in form is an asset to our team and passionate as always about playing for Wednesday; not having him as an option for 3 months is a big blow - especially with our player group that seems like it's got a knack for picking up injuries all the time.

13 hours ago, MOwl said:

"Comfortably our best player"?

Depends on Carlos.

If he plays him LW then yes, he is comfortably one of our best players.

If he plays him striker he isn't even in our best Xl.

Edited by Holmowl

On 10/09/2017 at 18:37, A12owl said:

It's really up to Carlos to tell him that he is going to play wide left where he played in season 1 and is most effective for the team.

The team is first and last most important than anything or anybody.

I think FF  can do a Knockhart type role for us and prove to be just as effective for us as Knockhart was for Brighton last 2 seasons. 

Carlos HAS to assert his authority on FF  in a way that Fernando takes on board. Formation to fit him in would need tweaking. 

Reach is getting better at being a wing back which might be better for Fernando. 

I would rather have FF  in the squad than not in it. 

I think Knockaert would be more effective for us in our 442 style systems than FF. I suspect you'd see an improved FF playing  in a Fulham/Jokanovic 433 system. 

I hope Fernando does return to his top form with us and can find a way into the team that makes us stronger, but having said that if you were to say we could swap him for an upgrade on Wallace (the right side midfield) I would probably take that now 

3 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I think Knockaert would be more effective for us in our 442 style systems than FF. I suspect you'd see an improved FF playing  in a Fulham/Jokanovic 433 system. 

I hope Fernando does return to his top form with us and can find a way into the team that makes us stronger, but having said that if you were to say we could swap him for an upgrade on Wallace (the right side midfield) I would probably take that now 

Ff isn't fit to lace knockearts boots. Knockeart puts a shift in every game and scores twenty plus a season. He also doesn't demand where to play, demand transfers and turn up when he feels like it 

8 hours ago, scram said:

You said

To which i replied

And now you are saying..

Where have i accused you of hoping he gets a career threatening injury?? Where have i twisted your words?

I've quoted you and replied - that's it

You said you are over the moon he's picked up the injury - i think that's a disgraceful thing to say about one of our players - and i stand by that

I really don't know what mitigating context "over the moon he's picked up the injury" it can be taken as tbh

Read my 2 posts where i have explained the reasons behind my comment. You're not daft. 

25 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Ff isn't fit to lace knockearts boots. Knockeart puts a shift in every game and scores twenty plus a season. He also doesn't demand where to play, demand transfers and turn up when he feels like it 

Well based on last season's overall performance you aren't very wrong 

I think put Knockaert into Saturday's team instead of Wallace and that side would be as good as the one that got Brighton promoted.