Jump to content


ANDY

Fernando who ??

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I don't see where he would fit in even if he was fit. Our team has changed and him being the catalyst for anything attacking seems to have gone. There is no way he is starting up front now. 

 

When fit he would be on the bench and I would only bring him on if we were chasing a game for the final 30. 

What attacking? In his season when Wednesday played open attacking football, FF was instrumental(and westwood) for getting in the play offs.

For some reason last season we changed from an attacking style to being totally negative. The manager actively discriminated against attacking players. 

In that type of team very few naturally attacking players could flourish.

If FF is being a nuisance its the way the manger has made him. Hes obviously a very talented player whose natural abilities are being stifled at Wednesday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I don't see where he would fit in even if he was fit. Our team has changed and him being the catalyst for anything attacking seems to have gone. There is no way he is starting up front now. 

 

When fit he would be on the bench and I would only bring him on if we were chasing a game for the final 30. 

 

Unfortunately Carlos doesn't agree.

 

When FF is fit Carlos will split up whatever successful duo is leading our attack, and FF will be striker. And the team will stop scoring, as it has for two seasons.

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

 

Unfortunately Carlos doesn't agree.

 

When FF is fit Carlos will split up whatever successful duo is leading our attack, and FF will be striker. And the team will stop scoring, as it has for two seasons.

Let's hope that the team's performances during his absence makes such a prospect unequivocally untenable for Carlos. FF is our most technically gifted player but not necessarily our best..... IMO. I can see why people see him as the main man, the man who makes us tick though personally I think Lee, Hooper and Hutch (when fit) are more influential to the team. FF is the icing on the cake when fully firing though. The one who can do something special in a moment. If best utilising his gifts for the benefit of the team means playing on the left or even being an impact sub then so be it. 

 

I'd like to see him stay and flourish again but this FF sideshow needs to end one way or the other even if does mean us cashing in on him in January.

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, scram said:

He is a brilliant player and can be one of the best in the division

 

But the needs of the team come above the needs of any individual - and if the team respond to being without him then hey, that's football

 

What i think is totally wrong is that some people are attributing all and everything thats bad to FF

 

Training ground incident MUST be his fault, right?

 

Nobody knows the story behind the bike incident leading to Norwichgate - what he was promised, what his contract terms were etc etc

 

He's a disruptive influence - based on fuckall

 

He didn't even remotely come close to refusing to play on the left - but it has now become "fact" (among some) that he did indeed refuse to play left

 

Even to the point that some are glad he's injured while others doubt whether he is in fact genuinely injured because his reported period of absence ties in ever so nicely with the next transfer window

 

What?!?!?!

 

What is the upside for Wednesday to keep him here during a period when we can offload him - to then make him unselectable until the next period when we can offload him

 

All the while having to pay his not inconsiderable wages

 

People

 

Brain

 

Engage

 

To be fair Scram, with that post, you're just the opposite end of the argument to those blaming him for everything. You're totally nullifying of any blame.

 

The truth, I'm certain, will be somewhere in between these two arguments. 

 

Something you're totally discounting from this, is his relationship with Carlos. And I'm sorry, for me, it's far too coincidental, that FF becomes unavailable for a period leading up to the next transfer window. Carlos made his stance clear about FF's future. Since the Preston game, he's played 9 minutes of league football...two games he was "internally suspended" for (a strange scenario to say the least), and in the following two games, he was deemed fit enough to be named on the bench. 

 

If FF had been fully fit, and a club came in for him, he'd have gone this summer. No doubt about it.

 

I'm not saying for one minute, that there is no operation. I reckon he'll have had a manageable injury, that they've now agreed, suits all parties to get sorted, so he's fully fit come January. Saves Carlos from getting questioned on FF's involvement (or lack of) every week, and allows FF to fully focus on recovering fully. 

 

All conjecture...but I think you're argument is just too pure. 

  • Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Vernon1867 said:

Any decent offer for him in January should be accepted.

I agree. This club isn't just about FF. A gifted player but hopefully a saleable asset. Too much emphasis on this player and not enough on the rest of the team in my opinion. We are far worse off without Kieran Lee than we will ever be without FF. FF is replacable, KR isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CLswfc said:

I agree. This club isn't just about FF. A gifted player but hopefully a saleable asset. Too much emphasis on this player and not enough on the rest of the team in my opinion. We are far worse off without Kieran Lee than we will ever be without FF. FF is replacable, KR isn't.

Sorry that should have read KL not KR who ever the f**k he is!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CLswfc said:

I agree. This club isn't just about FF. A gifted player but hopefully a saleable asset. Too much emphasis on this player and not enough on the rest of the team in my opinion. We are far worse off without Kieran Lee than we will ever be without FF. FF is replacable, KR isn't.

 

Yep, and any fee should be put towards a winger with pace, someone who can provide real width and an outlet. Wouldn't need to replace him like for like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vernon1867 said:

 

Yep, and any fee should be put towards a winger with pace, someone who can provide real width and an outlet. Wouldn't need to replace him like for like.

That's the main area we are lacking which would make the team a worthy contender for top two, pace.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, CLswfc said:

That's the main area we are lacking which would make the team a worthy contender for top two, pace.

 

And using part of the fee FF would bring in, someone with pace and quality could come in, not just someone with pace and no end product. FF out and a quality winger in would strengthen the team for sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, frastheowl said:

 

To be fair Scram, with that post, you're just the opposite end of the argument to those blaming him for everything. You're totally nullifying of any blame.

 

 

I'm not nullifying anything

 

I don't know - he might be 100% to blame for everything - he might be blameless

 

But because i don't know i don't apportion blame anywhere - i'm suggesting that people should get to know the facts if they want to be so certain as to put things at his doorstep such as "he refused to play on the left"

 

We don't know about his injury - when it happened or why he now needs surgery - but again look at how many people are reading into it that he wants away and the club are "parking" him out of the way

 

I'm not the one constantly speculating - i'm countering those that are

  • Like 1
  • Agree 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah lets park FF with some fictional injury requiring supposed surgery ready to sell in January where we will, because of the injury 'spin', have to take a hit of at least half his value.

 

A crazy hypothesis lol

 

Chances are that there is a little cartilage damage or floating bone given it's happened before !    

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
ommision
  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, scram said:

 

 

I'm not nullifying anything

 

I don't know - he might be 100% to blame for everything - he might be blameless

 

But because i don't know i don't apportion blame anywhere - i'm suggesting that people should get to know the facts if they want to be so certain as to put things at his doorstep such as "he refused to play on the left"

 

We don't know about his injury - when it happened or why he now needs surgery - but again look at how many people are reading into it that he wants away and the club are "parking" him out of the way

 

I'm not the one constantly speculating - i'm countering those that are

 

But, nobody knows. And that's the point.

 

People are going to have an opinion. It's a big talking point at the club at the minute. It everyone's opinion is based on speculation. 

 

Like I've said, the truth will be found somewhere in the middle of your stance and Ramone's. 

 

The fact remains, the club have engineered certain situations to work against Fernando. There was no need for Carlos to come out and talk about the left wing debacle and there was certainly no need to publicly lambast him for a training ground incident that should've stayed private. 

 

He's not wanted by someone at the club. You don't hang, one of your most valuable assets, out to dry in the way the club have done. In my opinion, it's been done, so when FF does leave, the outcry isn't as big as it would be, if certain things had been kept private. 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Yeah lets park FF with some fictional injury requiring supposed surgery ready to sell in January where we will, because of the injury 'spin', have to take a hit of at least half his value.

 

A crazy hypothesis lol

 

Why would you take a hit on his value? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

 

Why would you take a hit on his value?   ",because of the injury spin,"

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

Like I've said, the truth will be found somewhere in the middle of your stance and Ramone's. 

 

 

But I don't have a stance 

 

Other than wanting to see/hear the evidence of those that do make claims he's done this or that. 

 

I'm not defending him but then I'm certainly not gonna attack him based on nothing but supposition and social media rumours

  • Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/10/2017 at 19:01, BULGARIA said:

i think the training ground will be a happier place without FF.

 

know one likes a pain in the rear end, regardless of what work place you are in.

 

I can see us going on a good run now.

Is it not significant that Winnall is the one to go after the training incident?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

 

He's not wanted by someone at the club. You don't hang, one of your most valuable assets, out to dry in the way the club have done. In my opinion, it's been done, so when FF does leave, the outcry isn't as big as it would be, if certain things had been kept private. 

 

 

This does seem plausible, agreed 

  • Disagree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CC's comments about FF playing on the left were odd, and I do agree they were somewhat gratuitous, but I'd struggle to believe that CC is such a master of spin especially given the way he went on for five minutes in another interview passionately and persuasively defending FF on the matter - having said that, I also think it's strange that CC needed FF to tell him that playing in a role that required more defensive responsibilities would leave him with less energy to attack; seems as though this really ought to be a given.

 

I think the club had to say something about the incident between Winnall and FF because it was already doing the rounds in social media, but it was again odd that they came so squarely down on FF in what was said publicly. If FF was felt to be at fault then you can deal with the fine and punishment internally without needing to go into details with the media.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...