Fernando who ??

ANDY

We are better off as a squad with him, but I doubt he would settle for simply "being another option"

Lee for instance, you could probably say "Sorry mate gonna have to put you in the net" and he'd simply nip out and buy some gloves.

Such as Reach have had some right pelters on here, simply turns up and keeps trying, and is getting better and better...Thats what you need as a squad, players who can see further than their own egos.

That may sound harsh on FF, and maybe it is, cos none of us know the ins and outs of what has gone off, but my perception of it is...maybe he or his agent or whoever have an overinflated opinion of his worth...

Lee is far more valuable to the squad, as is Bannan, Westwood Tom Lees...

The fact that FF is no longer a shoe in, is only bad news to a couple of people, him and his agent

54 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

We are better off as a squad with him, but I doubt he would settle for simply "being another option"

Lee for instance, you could probably say "Sorry mate gonna have to put you in the net" and he'd simply nip out and buy some gloves.

Such as Reach have had some right pelters on here, simply turns up and keeps trying, and is getting better and better...Thats what you need as a squad, players who can see further than their own egos.

That may sound harsh on FF, and maybe it is, cos none of us know the ins and outs of what has gone off, but my perception of it is...maybe he or his agent or whoever have an overinflated opinion of his worth...

Lee is far more valuable to the squad, as is Bannan, Westwood Tom Lees...

The fact that FF is no longer a shoe in, is only bad news to a couple of people, him and his agent

Agree with all this. Great post.

7 hours ago, ANDY said:

So... 

depending on on what you read or what you believe, Fernando is either injured and going in January, staying in January. 

We didn't miss him yesterday. Some could argue we were better without him. 

Last season and the season before he was our shining beacon. A player you know could turn a game around. 

We looked more solid yesterday. KL (imo) is a far better player than FF anyway. 

I hope Fernando recovers from his injury and can fit back in come Jan/Feb/Mar to give us that option as we push on for hopefully a top 2 finish. 

Untill then, yesterday proved we're not reliant on him. 

We know how good he can be and is when his head and hearts in it and he's firing. That said we do look more of a team without him. Hopefully the reason for all the not wanting to play left or track back was because he was carrying an injury and not really capable, so when he's back he can come in out wide left again and do the business for us. 

7 hours ago, ANDY said:

So... 

depending on on what you read or what you believe, Fernando is either injured and going in January, staying in January. 

We didn't miss him yesterday. Some could argue we were better without him. 

Last season and the season before he was our shining beacon. A player you know could turn a game around. 

We looked more solid yesterday. KL (imo) is a far better player than FF anyway. 

I hope Fernando recovers from his injury and can fit back in come Jan/Feb/Mar to give us that option as we push on for hopefully a top 2 finish. 

Untill then, yesterday proved we're not reliant on him. 

whatever happens we will never be better without him,without a shadow of a doubt!!!

5 hours ago, ramone said:

We're better off with him as far away from the club as possible. I'd rather have 12 million in our back pockets and got rid but over the moon he's picked up the injury.

Thats pretty disgraceful really

Each to their own though

5 hours ago, ramone said:

We're better off with him as far away from the club as possible. I'd rather have 12 million in our back pockets and got rid but over the moon he's picked up the injury. Hopefully we'll still be in a position to pick up a good fee for him in Jan

That is a disgraceful statement from a supposed Wednesday fan

Guest RocketOwl

Fernando is one of the best players we have had in years it appears we have learned no lessons from Di Canio and Carbone as a fan base.

I for one wish him a speedy recovery and I am looking forward to him returning to the squad. He's let himself down a few times as he's an emotional guy but he's provided some fantastic moments in his time here.

3 minutes ago, RocketOwl said:

Fernando is one of the best players we have had in years it appears we have learned no lessons from Di Canio and Carbone as a fan base.

I for one wish him a speedy recovery and I am looking forward to him returning to the squad. He's let himself down a few times as he's an emotional guy but he's provided some fantastic moments in his time here.

Oh right so he can screw us over time and time again and we're to just sit there and take him back with open arms every time? Nah mate, not for me that

Edited by ramone

Guest RocketOwl
2 minutes ago, ramone said:

Oh right so he can screw us over time and time again and we're to just sit there and take him back with open arms every time? Nah mate, not for me that

As far as I'm aware he made one mistake where he refused to play and has since apologised and signed a new deal.

Not sure what some of you want.

Just now, RocketOwl said:

As far as I'm aware he made one mistake where he refused to play and has since apologised and signed a new deal.

Not sure what some of you want.

Accompanied with the whole bike thing

Abject performances

He then kicks off about playing on the left

He then causes problems with Winnall

I'll tell you what I want... Him to be as far away from Sheffield Wednesday as physically possible

Guest RocketOwl
1 minute ago, ramone said:

Abject performances

I'll tell you what I want... Him to be as far away from Sheffield Wednesday as physically possible

Funny that he refuses to play on the left when he spends most of his time out there. 

Let's not get too carried away...

We've played well in one game.

I'm not saying yesterday wasn't encouraging, nor am I not saying that I could envisage a successful without FF. 

Just, in three games times, when we could have picked up 1 point and scored 1 goal...we could all be bemoaning the lack of a creative spark you get from Forestieri. 

I've made my stance clear...in an ideal world, I'd love FF to get back into the side, produce the type of performances he produced in his 1st season here, and he becomes a fans favourite again. He's a fantastic player to watch when he's on it. However, I'm convinced Carlos has made his mind up about him, and both he and FF know the relationship is strained beyond repair. If Carlos is still here at the start of February, I'd be stunned if Forestieri was also.

1 hour ago, ramone said:

Abject performances

Summat not reyt with you when you're happy that one of ours is injured.

As for your points :

Abject performances - quite clearly injured last season and this, also finished last season as top scorer.

Kicked off about playing on the left - No he didn't.

He then causes problems with Winnall - Only a select few know the truth what happened. Are you one of them?

You need to have a word with yoursen matey.