Half Time Fighting On Concourse Name & shame

2 hours ago, Grassy knoll said:

Im in that block.

i didn't see what happened i but think 2 of um sit near me,both left around 75-80 mins when 3-1 up and heard um say they're going back to the pub. 

Now i love a drink,but why would you leave early to go back to the pub? 

Why not wait to the very end and clap every player off for a good performance and much needed 3 points? 

Because they aren't there to genuinely support the players. That type are often there simply as a backdrop to their wannabe hooligan lifestyle. They want to appear like hard men, consumed by violence and booze. Hence everyone being aware that they were leaving early as they were 'going back to the pub'. Usually aged between 17 and mid twenties, then a lot of them grow out of it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Miffed said:

Apparently this bloke accused another bloke of nicking his Thermos. The guy clearly needed his hit of bovril and was displaying withdrawl symptoms. Unfortunately the other folk were unable to recognise these symptoms and everyone started reacting badly to the accusations of pinching.

The guy was so delusional that he didn't realise that he never actually brought his flask with him in the first place and had in fact left it in Hillsborough park where he had been selling knock off Wednesday hats from a shopping bag prior to kick off. 

All he was trying to do was ask for a couple of quid so that he could get a bovril from the kiosk to help him come round, then he would have been able to explain the situation more clearly...... unfortunately, to everyone else it just ended up sounding like some ramblings about crotchless panties which upset all the families who had come to the game with their kiddies.

There's only one way to deal with these hoodlums and that's a "blanket ban"

Let the buggers suffer ...wide spread lumbago to the trouble makers...send them South..

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

10 hours ago, owls about that said:

Half time on North Stand concourse  gangway T, Four lads brawling,

plenty of parents with small kids had to witness the disgraceful behaviour,

not a steward or copper in sight, sure they will have cc tv cameras in

concourse areas, get these idiots identified and ban them all.

Sure it wasnt the Forest fans fighting over the last pie again ? 

9 hours ago, Tudders said:

Because they aren't there to genuinely support the players. That type are often there simply as a backdrop to their wannabe hooligan lifestyle. They want to appear like hard men, consumed by violence and booze. Hence everyone being aware that they were leaving early as they were 'going back to the pub'. Usually aged between 17 and mid twenties, then a lot of them grow out of it.

Being hard and pissed don't go together. Too much booze slows the reactions, easy beat someone who can hardly stand up. The dangerous ones are the sober ones.

8 minutes ago, prowl said:

Being hard and pissed don't go together. Too much booze slows the reactions, easy beat someone who can hardly stand up. The dangerous ones are the sober ones.

They were a kid on kop sat near crows nest and he was sprawled out across seats asleep most of second half, clearly had far too much to drink. 

At least with some early kick offs coming up we might have a few more sober supporters. 

5 minutes ago, bradowl said:

They were a kid on kop sat near crows nest and he was sprawled out across seats asleep most of second half, clearly had far too much to drink. 

At least with some early kick offs coming up we might have a few more sober supporters. 

I've never been a drinker before the match. It's too difficult to concentrate on the action. These days I've got a 100 mile drive home which is another reason.

I've no problem with other people having a few drinks if they know how to behave, if they don't and cause trouble they should expect a ban from the club.

12 hours ago, Ponte_Owl85 said:

I like a drink when I go to watch football and have missed the odd second half ko due to the slow service, but I'd never leave early for a drink, winning or losing.

Imagine going early last season against Forest! I'd have been livid

I like a drnk when the day ends in a "Y". 

13 hours ago, Ponte_Owl85 said:

I can't say I saw it but this is not what I attend games to see.

It is bad enough with certain away fans without seeing it in the home stands.

It is the part of football I hate.

I go to watch football not get into a scrap.

Shameful 

What you getting involved for then ? Hear say evidence not admissible in court or on OT, you didn't see so your generalisation is one with which we all agree !

23 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

It was an ugly sight. It all stemmed from one of the males refusing to partake in some half time buggery.  

This caused outrage amongst two of the other men involved and instigated the brawl. 

I hope the club take hard action.

I'm almost certain it involved the same two fellows who were going at it hammer and tongs in the Gents just the other night at the 150th birthday bash. My colleague Pertwee noted out loud the bald headed chap to be extremely well endowed. I presume this outburst may have lead to the fracas that ensued as some males may have felt threatened or inadequate.