Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Hooper, Fletcher and Rhodes all in form is frightening. They would be the best group of strikers in the league, and that is even without FF.

 

Rhodes needs some goals. Tuesday could be the night. 

 

I desperately wanted Jordan to score yesterday. I agree with you completely. We need all three firing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Right now no-one would break up the Hooper-Fletcher partnership. It looks great, both are scoring, and with seven wins and a draw in their last eight start, it works!

 

But, neither player can play 90 regularly. Already it seems likely and advisable that Fletch misses Tuesday. Hooper too, whilst looking fit at present, mustn't be pushed too far. Looking at the next three weeks, the games come thick and fast:-

 

Yesterday

Tuesday

Saturday

Sunday

Wednesday

Saturday

 

If Rhodes can give some time off to Hooper and Fletch, and the attack continues to fire, we are in wonderful shape. We need to get to a point where any two of these three strikers can work together. A few cameos from Joao and Atdhe would allow a little more rest for the mainstays.

 

Brentford is likely to see Hooper-Rhodes. A strong performance, a win, and a display of excellent understanding and powerful striking partnership would leave us looking like genuine top two candidates.

 

 

You're right that the partnership is looking good & crucially producing goals. 

 

However you're desperate need to comfort yourself, by stating that this pairing is now set in stone; says more about your obsession with Hooper & some insecurities. This is not how football works.

 

Hooper & Fletcher produced the goods yesterday & look to be the best pairing at the moment. This will be under constant review.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

 

You're right that the partnership is looking good & crucially producing goals. 

 

However you're desperate need to comfort yourself, by stating that this pairing is now set in stone; says more about your obsession with Hooper & some insecurities. This is not how football works.

 

Hooper & Fletcher produced the goods yesterday & look to be the best pairing at the moment. This will be under constant review.

 

 

 

A free psychiatry session on a Sunday morning. And they say the NHS is on its knees.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, pride_of_the_road said:

Don't think the plan yesterday when Rhodes came on was for him to score.

 

He was up top on his own and had Boyd as back up.

 

Just seeing the game out which is nice sometimes:stuwinky:

 

Yes, I think this was the case Not the best player to bring on when you want to do that though He has neither the hold up play needed, nor the pace to chase down defenders Can't fault his effort though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • The front 2 should be under constant review. For any team scoring is key, so you are always under scrutiny up front, it's why you are worth so much. Fletch and Hoops have had a great run and been great together. They won't play all the games, forwards get injured and both of these take knocks and will miss games. Our bonus is that it needn't weaken us because in Rhodes we have the best back up in the league. Given a chance he could replace one of them on merit. He hasn't shown that yet and is rightly first reserve at present. He didn't get much of an opportunity yesterday, and I would imagine is chomping at the bit after what he saw yesterday. The ideal would be to integrate Rhodes into the partnership. So I would consider starting Rhodes for Fletc on Tuesday, with Fletch on the bench. I'd consider it but not sure I'd do it, that's the sort of nice dilemma I'm happy to leave to Carlos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Holmowl said:

 

A free psychiatry session on a Sunday morning. And they say the NHS is on its knees.

 

No worries. The front 2 choice isn't like an F1 team choosing 2 drivers for the season.

 

We have a varied talented bunch. The front 2 will be based on current form & results.

 

Enjoy it that your favorite is doing well & scoring. However if this changes; & selection changes are needed, don't worry your whole world won't collapse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, zzmdu said:

 

No worries. The front 2 choice isn't like an F1 team choosing 2 drivers for the season.

 

We have a varied talented bunch. The front 2 will be based on current form & results.

 

Enjoy it that your favorite is doing well & scoring. However if this changes; & selection changes are needed, don't worry your whole world won't collapse.

 

Any advice for my fear of flying?

 

Diazapam and red wine is working but Im not convinced it's the best solution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

 

Any advice for my fear of flying?

 

Diazapam and red wine is working but Im not convinced it's the best solution.

 

Not surprised; that you're insecurities effect other areas.

 

You're correct; the benzodiazepines & alcohol are masking the symptoms, but not treating the cause.

 

You're deep lying insecurities need to be addressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

 

Any advice for my fear of flying?

 

Diazapam and red wine is working but Im not convinced it's the best solution.

Statistically, flying is the safest mode of transport.

Edited by York_Owl

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

 

Not surprised; that you're insecurities effect other areas.

 

You're correct; the benzodiazepines & alcohol are masking the symptoms, but not treating the cause.

 

You're deep lying insecurities need to be addressed.

 

My co-pilot told me something similar only yesterday.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Rhodes will be fine if we play like we did yesterday. We actually wanted to win that game instead of scoring one and hoping for the best. Some of the crosses were asking for a player like Rhodes to be on the end of 

 

Absolutely.

 

There was one in-curling cross from Wallace first half that Rhodes would have died for. Nobody got near it.

 

Our crosses from both flanks would be meat and drink to Jordan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

 

Yes, I think this was the case Not the best player to bring on when you want to do that though He has neither the hold up play needed, nor the pace to chase down defenders Can't fault his effort though

 

Yep.  As Carlos said we have a game on tuesday so we make subs to close the windows and doors:manager:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Right now no-one would break up the Hooper-Fletcher partnership. It looks great, both are scoring, and with seven wins and a draw in their last eight start, it works!

 

But, neither player can play 90 regularly. Already it seems likely and advisable that Fletch misses Tuesday. Hooper too, whilst looking fit at present, mustn't be pushed too far. Looking at the next three weeks, the games come thick and fast:-

 

Yesterday

Tuesday

Saturday

Sunday

Wednesday

Saturday

 

If Rhodes can give some time off to Hooper and Fletch, and the attack continues to fire, we are in wonderful shape. We need to get to a point where any two of these three strikers can work together. A few cameos from Joao and Atdhe would allow a little more rest for the mainstays.

 

Brentford is likely to see Hooper-Rhodes. A strong performance, a win, and a display of excellent understanding and powerful striking partnership would leave us looking like genuine top two candidates.

 

Depends on whether or not we'd like to win. 

 

 

Edited by DuttyTeabags
Panic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×