Come on now Jordan

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Right now no-one would break up the Hooper-Fletcher partnership. It looks great, both are scoring, and with seven wins and a draw in their last eight start, it works!

But, neither player can play 90 regularly. Already it seems likely and advisable that Fletch misses Tuesday. Hooper too, whilst looking fit at present, mustn't be pushed too far. Looking at the next three weeks, the games come thick and fast:-

Yesterday

Tuesday

Saturday

Sunday

Wednesday

Saturday

If Rhodes can give some time off to Hooper and Fletch, and the attack continues to fire, we are in wonderful shape. We need to get to a point where any two of these three strikers can work together. A few cameos from Joao and Atdhe would allow a little more rest for the mainstays.

Brentford is likely to see Hooper-Rhodes. A strong performance, a win, and a display of excellent understanding and powerful striking partnership would leave us looking like genuine top two candidates.

He made a real impression when he came on yesterday 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Right now no-one would break up the Hooper-Fletcher partnership. It looks great, both are scoring, and with seven wins and a draw in their last eight start, it works!

But, neither player can play 90 regularly. Already it seems likely and advisable that Fletch misses Tuesday. Hooper too, whilst looking fit at present, mustn't be pushed too far. Looking at the next three weeks, the games come thick and fast:-

Yesterday

Tuesday

Saturday

Sunday

Wednesday

Saturday

If Rhodes can give some time off to Hooper and Fletch, and the attack continues to fire, we are in wonderful shape. We need to get to a point where any two of these three strikers can work together. A few cameos from Joao and Atdhe would allow a little more rest for the mainstays.

Brentford is likely to see Hooper-Rhodes. A strong performance, a win, and a display of excellent understanding and powerful striking partnership would leave us looking like genuine top two candidates.

Agree, Hoopers link play was excellent yesterday and should work well with Rhodes, if Fletcher is carrying a knock it makes sense to rest him Tuesday and maybe Lee too but shouldnt upset the rhythm too much, will reserve judgement on the top 2 candidates until we put together a good positive run i.e beat Brentford, draw at Cardiff and beat Blunts then were in business

Rhodes needs 90 minutes. If Fletcher isn't 100% for Tuesday I would give Rhodes the full game, barring an absolute stinker from him. 

If he has the assurance of getting a full game without worrying about being subbed at any point we may see a more relaxed and confident performance. 

We have a great player and we need to start getting the best out of him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Rhodes needs 90 minutes. If Fletcher isn't 100% for Tuesday I would give Rhodes the full game, barring an absolute stinker from him. 

If he has the assurance of getting a full game without worrying about being subbed at any point we may see a more relaxed and confident performance. 

We have a great player and we need to start getting the best out of him. 

How about extending the same level of understanding to the other striker we have got who has more potential? 

Ridiculous Rhodes tinted specs. 

I'd love to see a training exercise based on speed with/ without the ball, skill, strength, jumping, passing, shooting between Joao and Rhodes. 

It would be embarrassing. 

11 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

How about extending the same level of understanding to the other striker we have got who has more potential? 

Ridiculous Rhodes tinted specs. 

I'd love to see a training exercise based on speed with/ without the ball, skill, strength, jumping, passing, shooting between Joao and Rhodes. 

It would be embarrassing. 

I'd rather go on career performance. Comparing the two would be embarrassing. 

Joao had lots of potential. He's 23 or 24 now i believe? How much longer do you want to talk about potential? He has shown flashes of ability  but often looks like a rabbit caught in the flashlights. 

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Yes, I think this was the case Not the best player to bring on when you want to do that though He has neither the hold up play needed, nor the pace to chase down defenders Can't fault his effort though

I was encouraged by his hold up play yesterday and his ability to be a target style player. Wasnt perfect setting with no partner as his knock downs were mainly waisted. 

I'd like to see him start with Jaoa on Thursday. And for us to play a 442 with Matias and Boyd giving width with Hunt and Reach also getting a bit of a breather. 

Guest RocketOwl
3 hours ago, zzmdu said:

You're right that the partnership is looking good & crucially producing goals. 

However you're desperate need to comfort yourself, by stating that this pairing is now set in stone; says more about your obsession with Hooper & some insecurities. This is not how football works.

Hooper & Fletcher produced the goods yesterday & look to be the best pairing at the moment. This will be under constant review.

Not what he was saying at all to be fair.

33 minutes ago, Animis said:

I'd like to see Rhodes and Joao start together at some point.

That would be nice but not at the expense of Hooper and Fletcher who have formed an excellent partnership and its their place to lose now. This is where a cup run would have done us the world of good, we could have given the likes of Rhodes and Joao more game time.

Whilst ever Hooper and Fletcher continue to do their business and while we are winning games, it takes the pressure off Rhodes (and to a lesser extent Joao) which can only be a good thing. Rhodes will come good and his goal scoring record says to me that we should afford him the time.

40 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

I'd rather go on career performance. Comparing the two would be embarrassing. 

Joao had lots of potential. He's 23 or 24 now i believe? How much longer do you want to talk about potential? He has shown flashes of ability  but often looks like a rabbit caught in the flashlights. 

At least if Joao gets caught in the headlights he has a chance of getting away!

I've said it too many times already and been well negged for it but we're talking about downward spiralling career stats. 

I think the Rhodes tinted specs are largely a symptom of the performance where he scored 4 at Hillsbro which was incredible. However Michael Owen once scored 3 which is the best away striking performance I've ever seen but like Rhodes he peaked early and after a few injuries was never the same. 

Let's get over the career history and come back to 2017.

8 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

At least if Joao gets caught in the headlights he has a chance of getting away!

I've said it too many times already and been well negged for it but we're talking about downward spiralling career stats. 

I think the Rhodes tinted specs are largely a symptom of the performance where he scored 4 at Hillsbro which was incredible. However Michael Owen once scored 3 which is the best away striking performance I've ever seen but like Rhodes he peaked early and after a few injuries was never the same. 

Let's get over the career history and come back to 2017.

He does get away, only problem is he will fall over in doing so, or lose the ball, or probably a combination of the two.