SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 3 : 1 NOTTINGHAM FOREST

Brilliant performance overall, disappointing we let them back in it after our first goal but we pushed on and did what we needed to do 

A lot of very strong performances out there today, Van Aken had a good debut and the Hooper Fletch partnership proved yet again why it's our strongest

Hunt and Lee get special mentions for me though,  thought Hunty looked absolutely superb and put some dangerous balls in the box.  Keiren Lee first game back and proven yet again what an utterly fantastic footballer he is .... best player at the club 

Well done Wednesday.

dodgy first game, unbeaten in 5 - 9 points in last 5 games.

lets smash Brentford and then go and take it to Cardiff. 

Tbh I think Hunt was the right call. Superb performance from him, attacking wise and defensively. His crossing was much better today than it has been and he links up so well with Wallace.

Very impressed by Joost, definitely adds something to out game. Looks assured but key point is his quality in the ball. Fantastic debut, looks like Carlos has got this one right.

Fantastic to have Lee back which goes without saying really, and class as always from Hooper. Reach also impressed.

Well done Wednesday. Great win.

Good win but we were unconvincing at times. We seem to either drop off the opposition a lot or be weak in the tackle. A better side than Forest would probably have beaten us?

We just never seem to have that drive or intensity to really get at other teams and I don't see this changing with the current coach or current personnel but that said we'll probably grind enough results out to be competitive again?

Hunt was absolutely superb ... possibly one of the best performances I've seen him have in Wednesday shirt , a criticism I've had of him in the past was his quality of delivery but he seems to have squared it away 

7 minutes ago, Blue n White Rampage said:

good win.

notts obviously are in a transitional period and will be a much more difficult team to beat later in the season.

honestly we deserved to win to a cleansheet. 3-0 would have been the right result even though i thought we were better in the first half.

for the attention of commentators, joost is pronounced yoast with an elongated oa sound. very poor for a pro commentator to do zero research

True Just like Lisa the Whoa from, down the Lane lol

3 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Good win but we were unconvincing at times. We seem to either drop off the opposition a lot or be weak in the tackle. A better side than Forest would probably have beaten us?

We just never seem to have that drive or intensity to really get at other teams and I don't see this changing with the current coach or current personnel but that said we'll probably grind enough results out to be competitive again?

We're unbeaten in five games with two wins.  We're quite competitive.

More to the point, we're now starting to look dangerous offensively.

I actually was pleasantly surprised by Butterfield out there as well.

Edited by Indoor Owl

4 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Like Barcelona you mean ? I'm in entire agreement mate :tango:

Good composed win.

Capitalised on their mistakes all over the place.

Bullet header from a corner.

Joost looks a player.

Great to have KL back getting in the box.

Hopefully we can recover some more points on Tuesday night.

Enjoy what's left of your weekend.

COME ON WEDNESDAY.

4 minutes ago, Flat Owl said:

Good composed win.

Capitalised on their mistakes all over the place.

Bullet header from a corner.

Joost looks a player.

Great to have KL back getting in the box.

Hopefully we can recover some more points on Tuesday night.

Enjoy what's left of your weekend.

COME ON WEDNESDAY.

Hopefully we can recover some more points???? hi Carlos :manager:

Guest Copthorneowl

Positives:-

Brilliant result well done Wednesday .... The team

Well done Carlos good team and formation enjoy the weekend - for a change

Negatives:-

All those moaning at the manager in the first half ....show some patience ffs

All those moaning at Fletcher early in the piece and looking daft later on when he scored ....ill not name and shame you.

Please can the constant negative fannies just show a small level of patience and wait for 90+ mins before spouting insults.

Forest were so poor theres not we can really take from the game in a meaningful sense

We were literally strolling around for the last 20 minutes - and still outplayed them with ease

I don't know why people were so down on us for the first 45 - we were so much better than them

Too early to judge JVA - but what he did have to do meaningfully wasn't good! So we need to let him settle into English football and get to grips with some of the better players in the league - Forest don't have any of those! It's easy to play when not under pressure

Either Forests early results were not the norm - or today wasn't!

If they continue to perform like that they will be looking nervously at the bottom 3 - if we continue like we did today then i think we can steadily build momentum and see where it takes us