SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY 3 : 1 NOTTINGHAM FOREST

3 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

A simple misunderstanding,  I'm sure. 

I insist you come around for supper so we might have some social intercourse to get to the bottom of this terrible mix up. 

a28321d7bb78a77cb28ca677fdca5211--terry-thomas-terry-oquinn.jpg

lol

Best quiz question ever was "in which film did Liz Taylor says 'let's go to Sheffield?'" Answer was Ivanhoe of course. Robin Hoods 2 Sheriffs 1. Rhodes finds his scoring boots and we get to see a new centre back in action. A small dog invades the pitch and plays a neat pass to Barry Bannan. The dogs owner, a streaker, then chases the dog around to everyone's amusement. Two red cards ensue. 

• Haha 1

Pinned.

Come on you blue and white wizards.

Michael Praed.

Kevin Costner.

Errol Flynn.

That Australian convict fella who pretended he was a Gladiator.

They know the truth. Robin was from Sheffield.

UTO.

roger the legend stealing scabs. (Who annoyingly I've always thought were actually ok - thank you Brian poopydoo Clough).

• Haha 1

I move a lot of concrete on the QVC.

Wow what a post @Lord Snooty.

Two spooky coincidences....

1. Me and the kids were only talking about Robin Hood's origins the other day. So now I can show them how educational Owlstalk is.

2. Yes I really was at the kitchen table picking a formation, but not 442. It's a 431 tomorrow for my Under 11s. But sadly not with Smarties.

Onto the bigger match - really looking forward to it, and like @offalyowl I see a 3-0 kick-start to our season. Followed by another three points on Tuesday to see us nudge in and around the play-offs.

Sad but true, that my optimism is boosted by the knowledge that Carlos can't revert to Nando as striker, which ruins our attacking shape. 

Come on Wednesday.

2 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Need a win today 

Westwood

Hunt Lees Van Aken Reach

Jones Butterfield

Bannan                         Wallace                       

Hooper

Fletcher

But I wouldn't be surprised to see Venancio start instead of Van Aken

3-0 Wednesday. 

No excuses now Forest like to play the ball on the deck so let's go toe to toe with them and show the rest of the league that we can blow teams away.

Exactly the same team that I have been picking for the last week.

Just with Butterfield behind Hooper in a diamond formation and not next to Jones and Wallace switched with Bannan.

Edited by pazowl55

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Wow what a post @Lord Snooty.

Two spooky coincidences....

1. Me and the kids were only talking about Robin Hood's origins the other day. So now I can show them how educational Owlstalk is.

2. Yes I really was at the kitchen table picking a formation, but not 442. It's a 431 tomorrow for my Under 11s. But sadly not with Smarties.

Onto the bigger match - really looking forward to it, and like @offalyowl I see a 3-0 kick-start to our season. Followed by another three points on Tuesday to see us nudge in and around the play-offs.

Sad but true, that my optimism is boosted by the knowledge that Carlos can't revert to Nando as striker, which ruins our attacking shape. 

Come on Wednesday.

Forestieri and winnall for that matter do like to come very deep and wide to try to get involved with the play.

2 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Need a win today 

Westwood

Hunt Lees Van Aken Reach

Jones Butterfield

Bannan                         Wallace                       

Hooper

Fletcher

But I wouldn't be surprised to see Venancio start instead of Van Aken

3-0 Wednesday. 

No excuses now Forest like to play the ball on the deck so let's go toe to toe with them and show the rest of the league that we can blow teams away.

You are not alone in picking Bannan wide.

I think we have forgotten how dire we were last season when we played 3 CMs. 

Take a look at our first 18 results last season, when we played 3 CMs nearly every game. 

Edited by Holmowl

If any of you could help me in regards to watching the game tonight. I'm in Melbourne Australia and the tv broadcaster is being a pain in the ass showing games. Trouble is when a game is live on sky not only can't we watch it live we can't use ifollow to stream it. Is there someone in the know on what streaming service is showing the forest game down here ? Any tips would be appreciated 

25 minutes ago, The Coorong Owl said:

If any of you could help me in regards to watching the game tonight. I'm in Melbourne Australia and the tv broadcaster is being a pain in the ass showing games. Trouble is when a game is live on sky not only can't we watch it live we can't use ifollow to stream it. Is there someone in the know on what streaming service is showing the forest game down here ? Any tips would be appreciated 

Beer for breakfast tmoz?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

You are not alone in picking Bannan wide.

I think we have forgotten how dire we were last season when we played 3 CMs. 

Take a look at our first 18 results last season, when we played 3 CMs nearly every game. 

I would prefer to see FF outside but that just isn't going to happen is it and the other options are Reach (who IMO doesn't have the quality to be a winger in a top 2nd tier team), Matias again it isn't going to happen and Boyd who as of yet has hardly made an impression.

We needed a talented with winger with pace we all knew that but frustratingly one hasn't been signed.

31 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

I would prefer to see FF outside but that just isn't going to happen is it and the other options are Reach (who IMO doesn't have the quality to be a winger in a top 2nd tier team), Matias again it isn't going to happen and Boyd who as of yet has hardly made an impression.

We needed a talented with winger with pace we all knew that but frustratingly one hasn't been signed.

I think any two of our three fit wingers are a much better bet than Bannan. We nearly always lose all shape when Carlos picks three CMs.

Hopefully the first game of the season for us. Been on hols for rest. However the lad has a footy tournament up in leeds today. Got to be there before 9 so hoping it's over in time to get back. Should be but never know with these things. Would be happy with missing the start if it means they win it though, as would he. First competitive games for Sheffield Boys U11s, quite an honour to represent the birthplace of Robin Hood. 

Basically today I want to see teams I want to win, win. That's all. 

4 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Hopefully the first game of the season for us. Been on hols for rest. However the lad has a footy tournament up in leeds today. Got to be there before 9 so hoping it's over in time to get back. Should be but never know with these things. Would be happy with missing the start if it means they win it though, as would he. First competitive games for Sheffield Boys U11s, quite an honour to represent the birthplace of Robin Hood. 

Basically today I want to see teams I want to win, win. That's all. 

Good luck to your son mate. Double celebration tonight hopefully.

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

A simple misunderstanding,  I'm sure. 

I insist you come around for supper so we might have some social intercourse to get to the bottom of this terrible mix up. 

a28321d7bb78a77cb28ca677fdca5211--terry-thomas-terry-oquinn.jpg

Perfect post as always Snoots I've printed off and put it in my Brian Clough - Kevin Keegan were/are  yorkshiremen folder got a sub section with Botham but we're not going to get away with that one least for now....

See you all on the dance floor lads 3-0 and free cake at half time garymegson