Jump to content
@owlstalk

Sheffield Wednesday Picture Thread : 1970's / 1980's

Recommended Posts

Guest Deleted member

Sorry it's a video

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BIG D said:

lol

 

59b00f6696466_InterCityOwl.thumb.jpeg.87cc7cd951db0c5d2b789140c5801685.jpeg

 

Good grief what is all that about! Even Alf Garnett might thought that was a bit close to the wire!

 

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

 

OH MY GOD 
 

lol


I remember that one 

How bad is that? How times have changed

Although looking at Gavin Olivers face on the photo it's almost like he read the future and that the picture would be posted on the internet years later

 

To be fair he has only got himself to blame for turning up with what has to be the most controversial ventriloquist's doll I have ever seen!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

 

Good grief what is all that about! Even Alf Garnett might thought that was a bit close to the wire!

 

 

To be fair he has only got himself to blame for turning up with what has to be the most controversial ventriloquist's doll I have ever seen!

Was the norm back then Jim Davidson used to do Chalky White lots of it around.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

Was the norm back then Jim Davidson used to do Chalky White lots of it around.

 

 

 

 

 


Possibly the most awkward three minute video of all time

 

lol

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, torryowl said:

what it was  usually like in the mid 70s

 

1973Kop_zpsbe8be193 kop.jpg

 Was  that when Joicey scored in a 1-1 draw , we went 8 games without scoring before that game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was at this one against Oxford away, Maxwell robbed us, 5 fooookin quid to get in (normal price was £2.50) Anyhow we still sold out with many locked outside.

 

BTW I dint moan about prices or the team then...lol I'm in the pic at 2min 28secs

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

 Was  that when Joicey scored in a 1-1 draw , we went 8 games without scoring before that game.

I don't think so ,I reckon its  the previous season when it was blowing a gale and we lost 0-1 .....there keeper roy burton had a blinder but then he always did against us 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, daveyboy66 said:

That Blackpool Special...THREE policemen came to greet us when we got there all 700 of us...guess what happened lol 

 

I'm sure that was when a train with Boro fans on going to Everton pulled up along side us, we gave them our fire extinguisher. :tango:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, torryowl said:

I don't think so ,I reckon its  the previous season when it was blowing a gale and we lost 0-1 .....there keeper roy burton had a blinder but then he always did against us 

Yes you're right , it was the size of the crowd on the Kop  that thru me, turn's out both games had  nearly the same attendance  just over 7,000,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, bradowl said:

 

I'm sure that was when a train with Boro fans on going to Everton pulled up along side us, we gave them our fire extinguisher. :tango:

Fire extinguisher's thrown , toilets thrown onto the tracks coming back from Millmoor  no wonder B.R.  banned us until 1980.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

Yes you're right , it was the size of the crowd on the Kop  that thru me, turn's out both games had  nearly the same attendance  just over 7,000,

happy days ......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I was at this one against Oxford away, Maxwell robbed us, 5 fooookin quid to get in (normal price was £2.50) Anyhow we still sold out with many locked outside.

 

BTW I dint moan about prices or the team then...lol I'm in the pic at 2min 28secs

 

 

Right behind the left hand post for this game in an army jacket from that army surplus store at the side of the town hall...

They had a good side but we kept Brock quiet and mullered them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

 

 

 

 

 


Possibly the most awkward three minute video of all time

 

lol

 

It would be more awkward explaining how Robin Hood was a member of UKIP in the time of King John before the 1215 signing of the Magna Carta, given that we were never in Europe till 1973 and didn't sign the Maastricht treaty till 1992. :biggrin:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"the greatest constitutional document of all times – the foundation of the freedom of the individual against the arbitrary authority of the despot EU"

 

:ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


×