Sheffield Wednesday Supporters Club - Mexborough Branch

If it's the same game i'm thinking of , it got called off has we just started down the A1 and  we only found out because our coach had radio 2 on .

We pulled over and  the driver started flagging other coaches down , so most of the coaches turned round and tried for the Forest v Arsenal   game instead .

We just got outside Nottingham and the Police wouldn't allow any more Wednesday fans thru , so we ended up watching Wednesday's B team ( Barnsley ) instead .

10 minutes ago, Uncle Mort AMB said:

If it's the same game i'm thinking of , it got called off has we just started down the A1 and  we only found out because our coach had radio 2 on .

We pulled over and  the driver started flagging other coaches down , so most of the coaches turned round and tried for the Forest v Arsenal   game instead .

We just got outside Nottingham and the Police wouldn't allow any more Wednesday fans thru , so we ended up watching Wednesday's B team ( Barnsley ) instead .

Was that normal to go to other football matches then?

What if some poor bugger on the coach didn't want to?

lol

Owlstalk Shop

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

zwn4n9.jpg

Anyone know the story behind this one where the Sheffield Wednesday supporters club from Mexborough got to Peterborough for a called off game?

Photo of John Moulson and John Wright giving it the old thumbs down treatment but why would it have made the papers? Anyone know?

The guy with the beard, is that one of those comedy hands or is his hand really that big? Proper working mens shovel hand in Mexborough, no messing abart. 

Poor blokes being outed in the press as being from Mexborough, bet they never lived it down.

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Was that normal to go to other football matches then?

What if some poor bugger on the coach didn't want to?

lol

Yes i'am afraid you had to go with the majority , the driver would ask for a show of hands .

I suppose if you out for the day with lads , do you really want to go shopping with the Mrs. 

Only lived in Mexborough since last May, it's miles better than the place that time forgot Denaby, i seriously reckon there's more inbreeding in Denaby than in Dingleland.

How bad is it when Mexborough is considered an upgrade ? God I've lived in some holes :biggrin:

Edited by steveger

18 minutes ago, OhForAnotherShez said:

Forget where our match was pp, but remember once when an ICO bus went to White Hart Lane instead.

the police opened a separate pen on the away end.

I'm sure that was Southampton late 80s/early 90s. We'd set off early and arrived at a pub about 3 miles outside Southampton at about 11.30 ready for a good session :goalie:  only to be met with incredulous looks from the handful of locals asking if we knew the match had been postponed. We heard that ICO coaches had got so far down the M1 and aked what everyone wanted to do. Some went home and the others went to Tottenham.

1 hour ago, steveger said:

Only lived in Mexborough since last May, it's miles better than the place that time forgot Denaby, i seriously reckon there's more inbreeding in Denaby than in Dingleland.

How bad is it when Mexborough is considered an upgrade ? God I've lived in some holes :biggrin:

Fancy an upgrade steve? sell your house in Mexborough and buy a street in Burnley all with outside toilets.....

Saves a fortune on air freshers ...

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST
  • Haha 1