Nuhiu

8 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Jon Newsome was my favourite player that's why I chose the name

I did my French speaking exam mentioning Jon Newsome as I had a poster of him, i said he was my favourite player, so i could use the prop. He wasnt, but i still remember him fondly. 

When we signed Hooper, we tried him with Fernando and Joao. Didn't really pan out -

Somehwhat surprisingly it was Nuhiu who ended up being the player that brought the best from Hooper, whilst never being any form of goal threat himself. 

Like it or not  Hooper enjoyed his best spell since his arrival with Nuhiu in his first season. I was a little surprised we went back to an FF/Hooper front pair against Hull in the final. Their big centre halves ate them up.

I would suggest this was in mind when we signed Fletcher.  The next model up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

Worst thing is this is a genuine correct opinion and the Nuhiu haters can't stand it.

I know mate. The saddest part of all this is that guy gets endless stick on here and hes one of ours. 

2 hours ago, Maxine said:

Everyone's just saying their genuine correct opinions might not always be the same as yours.

I agree but the terminology leaves a lot to be desired. Sort of comments we would expect from S2. Because some one voices their opinion in a genuine manner wiothout being offensive, then the so called fans come out in force with their venormous attacks on the OP. Same old names what come out from underneath the stones. Let them get on with it. Just lowlifes. 

1 hour ago, scilly owl said:

I've been to a few games where he's lumbered on as sub and it's often quite comical listening to other people's remarks. 

Didn't a manager from some club or other praise him last season with a sort of " we just couldn't handle the big fella up front, he was the difference " quote? Can't remember who it was now.

One of his down sides is that the ref's are always pinging him just because he's big. He will win a ball fair and square, whether it's on the floor or in the air and the ref will give a free kick against him... seen that happen loads of times.

It was either Mick Mccarthy or Chris Huyton. Reight pair of crap managers !!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

For me he should be the first striker on the team sheet, it's a fact we score more goals when he's in the team and think he'd be brilliant with Hooper/Rhodes. 

Can not fault his effort, does disrupt some games. When we signed him made more sense, (no money trying to survive in the championship). But now his skills would more help bottom end of the championship or league 1. But with Hooper and co we have moved on.

Surprised he hasn't moved to get more game time or gone on loan. Seems decent guy but if he wants regular game time needs to move on. We need strikers who contribute goals at this level not just create space.

4 hours ago, Mr Soul said:

But the chances are unlikely to fall to him that's exactly the point. Hooper, Fletcher and Rhodes are there to feed off the confusion he would create on the edge of the box 

You didn't see the open net he missed against Bolton then. Or the other countless opportunities he's wasted since he last found the net. 

Like the bloke and will never knock him but crikey, the guy must have the Carlsberg Agent to have landed 4 years at SWFC on a decent whack. 

He's not the answer but a better target man is. We lack physicality in the final 3rd. A Hugil, Gestede, Wickham could word wonders for a Hooper or Rhodes to get them firing. He certainly offers something we don't have but we need an upgrade on him 

4 hours ago, bradowl said:

Nuhiu is a much better footballer than some think, he gets stick because he doesn't score enough goals. 

Maybe a go in midfield might benefit everyone.

that combined with the fact he has zero pace and cannot head or pass. Apart from that he 's a feckin world beater.

• Haha 1

He's a better player than given credit for on here, and probably the best forward player we have at playing with his back to goal. Problem is that he doesn't offer much of a goal threat admittedly.

Arguably the best football we played under Carlos' tenure was when he was in the XI, acting as a pivot for Hooper and Forestieri (from the left). He wasn't scoring many, but the team as a whole were creating and scoring lots.

Weird thing is, the less involved he is with the team, the more of a scapegoat he seems to become? He's barely been involved this year yet the vitriol thrown at him seems to get weirdly louder.

• Haha 1